July-TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

July-TTC

Hello Ladies,

I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and a happy 4th.  I just want to start up the July Post.

Thinking of you all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: July-TTC

I got a question:

For those of you that took your BBT temperature...did you ever notice a temperature drop in day 6-8 post OV?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yes. I took that temp drop to mean that the cycle had been unsuccessful. If you fertilize, the temp stays raised.  But I'm a little fuzzy on dates b/c I  gave up temping well over a year ago, although  but I am pretty sure this topic is covered in simple, easy to understand form in TCOYF.  HTH. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

I didn't ever notice that.  But my understanding from TCOYF is that unless you have an extraordinarily short luteal phase, it shouldn't mean failure of the cycle--the temperature drop that means you aren't pregnant comes around the same time as your period.  If it's a small drop, it may mean nothing--if it's larger, I don't know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I routinely O'ed on day 16-18, and had a 28 day cycle.  So 6-8 days later my temp was starting coming down b/c it was the end of hte cycle.  I never had a huge drop 2-3 days before AF. It was a gradual dip starting about 6-8 days after O.  It looked very similar to some of the example charts they have in my version of TCYOF.  I remember b/c I am a somewhat visual learner and it made me feel better somehow knowing that what I was charting looked like something in the book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

I thought a temp dip around that time could indicate implantation. Tomarra, how sharp of a drop was it? Don't give up hope! How did the trigger shot go?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, you were right about the trigger shot...it was painless!  I 'm trying to remain hopefully but it's hard.  How are things with you?

My temperature just dropped 0.1 degree (still above the cover line) but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed it during their cycles.  I'm only half way through the 2ww.  For me, my temperatures usually remains high after OV and significantly drops the day AF arrives

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Oh--if it was only a .1 degree drop, I definitely did see that pretty often--I didn't usually see a straight upward line after ovulation, by any means.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

That's the kind of dip I'm talking about: a .1 to .3 degree drop.  Unless you have a temp that maintains a significanlty higher baseline than your AF day 1 temp, or that shoots straight up towards the end of the cycle, which signifies pg, I wouldn't read too much into a low up or down shortly after O.  I took it to mean that nothing happened that cycle for me b/c I temped for close to 2 years and nothing did happen while I was temping. I got pg when I was not temping so I have no idea what my temp did when I was actually successful. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, I'm glad the shot went well! I just pulled this from FertilityFriend (do you use that for temping?): "The term implantation dip is often used to refer to a luteal phase dip that occurs around the time of expected implantation (7-10 days past ovulation)." That could certainly be what you're experiencing...keep your eyes peeled for any spotting!

I'm hanging in there....got my BFN for injectible cycle #1, so I'm waiting for AF to show up so I can start my next round.

clc, how are you doing? Have you tested again? Kar, did AF show up? (fingers crossed that she didn't...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you were a little more still the hour before you temped you could see a 0.1 F "drop," and it would mean nothing as far as TTC goes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan,  That sucks...sending you a hug.  I personally think any first cycle is a wash because of the nerves/worries.  Here's hoping the 2nd cycle is the one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry, Tang.  Hopefully AF is quick to arrive so you can move on. 

Tom, hoping that your dip could be an "implantation dip"!

AFM, still no AF.  I haven't tested again.  I'm at CD 32 now and my past two cycles were between 32 and 34 so if nothing by Saturday I assume I'll break down and test again.  It helps that I don't have any tests in the house. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

It's been quiet again, any news out there?

I'm sitting here at CD 34 and still no AF.  I will be testing tomorrow morning if nothing happens before that. 

Kar - your love-hate relationship with hope rings truer every month for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, that sucks.  Hopefully soon you get your answer.

AFM, AF is due later sometime next week so we'll see what happens.  I got stuck in the rain this morning and I can't seem to warm up at all.  I just fixed myself some hot coco (sad,for July) and hopefully that will do the trick.  Have a good weekend everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, I hear ya...sorry you're having a hard time, 34 days is my longest cycle, and it's a LONG time.  

I'll be 40 in 6 months...I could continue, but I bet everyone could fill in the rest of the blah, blah, blah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Good luck tomorrow, clc!! No news from AF = good news.

Tomarra, what happened with your temps? Did they tick back up? I'm debating whether to temp this cycle. It drives me a little batty.

AF showed up yesterday, so tomorrow's my baseline ultrasound. Hopefully I'll become a human pincushion once again tomorrow night...Happy Friday, everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck tomorrow clc!  And to all!

I'll be on vacation as of 6 tonight, but should be able to check in sometime during the week.  Hope to hear some good news from clc and others.  =)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

3 days?  Where is everybody?  How're things going?

AFM, I'm on day 6 of 21 in the cleanse, and all is well.  I'm wondering if getting a year's worth of toxins flushed out of my kidneys and liver will do anything for TTC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Kar, how do you feel?  I would also be curious to see if the cleanse will help with TTC.  Good luck!

I tested on Saturday and got another BFN.  So I'm just continuing to wait for AF. My face broke out yesterday which is a sign that AF's on her way so I guess I won't be waiting too much longer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, clc, sorry about the breakout.  Cruely enough of Mother Nature, though, it's also a potential sign of early pg.  Not to keep your hopes up, but there it is.  Still hoping for the best for you!!

I feel great, thanks!  I've lost 4 lbs, and DH has noticed my skin looks brighter.  The first couple days are the hardest, but now I'm not that hungry and don't crave the stuff I can't have.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

DH and I are a mess.  We just got news that we will be auntie & uncle to a little boy and we are having a hard time keeping it together.  I'm totally loosing it at work but I can't go home.

Tan, My temps were rising but now their a stabilizing which is making me/us feel unhopeful for this cycle.  I sometimes feel that taking my temps are can be a curse.  I continue to take them because the accupucturists finds every helpful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

4 lbs in 6 days?  That's awesome!  I wish I had your willpower.  I could never make it through something like that.  I did look at the link that you posted but it just wouldn't work for me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Aww tom, I'm so sorry.  I'm sure that is very hard on both of you.  Keep your head up at work, I know your day will come!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I have finally calmed down a bit.  It is what it is and there's nothing much I can do about it. 

clc, thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'm sorry to hear that you think AF will be arriving soon.

Kar, I'm glad that the diet is going well.

Nov, I hope your having a wondering & relaxing vacation.

Tan, I hope all is well with you and I'm crossing my fingers for you.