June - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

June - TTC

Thought I would start the June TTC since I am hopefully officially going to be back on the TTC wagon this month (this week, actually).

So let me start by saying, "F you, first half of 2010." May the second half of the year be full of success and more happy endings!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: June - TTC

ha - I should add, I have had a very rough 6 months not just with the m/c but with our house - it has just been sooooooooooo stressful and emotional and I am just ready to start new and be happy and live my life. So, sorry if that personal motto of mine came off harsh. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good luck dream,  it's a good thing to have a fresh start and a positive attitude!  

Dh and I are starting this month. AF came after 50 days or so after going off the pill.  I have never been so excited to have AF visit! 

Thinking good thoughts this month for everyone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good Morning to 2 of my fellow former brides :o)

Day 18 and still no O according to the strips.  This is like watching paint dry!!

I made the mistake of reading a bunch of TCOYF this weekend... As far as I know there may be absolutely nothing wrong other than we haven't gotten the timing right, but now I have all these other possibilities running through my head (anovulation, repeated miscarriages, etc).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Fram I am with you.  I am temping again and have wondered about not ovulating at all, because my past temping attempts had been sporadic.  I have decided to su-ck it up and get the strips for next time if I don't have AF visit.  Right now I am not sure where things stand because on Sunday and again this morning I had very low temp readings but the thermometer beeped very quickly and then I immediately re-did the temp and it came up higher (Sun (ETA to update the temp to the real number) 96.9/97.5 Tues 97.3/97.7).   In the mean time we are coming up with new ways to keep it fresh and not like we are punching a time clock, so if we are not pg this round it won't be for lack of the trying.

One concern I do have is my thyroid, I have always been on the low end of 'normal' and I know that my Mom has had issues in the past and my sister was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's, and it is possible that it is herediarty but I cannot find anything that definatively proves that but something that is being explored.  But I also have many of the same symptoms as my sister so I figure it is something worthy or a disucssion with my doc and possibly an additional test or two.  I do have a regular physical scheduled for June 15th so I figure I can ask some questions then and see what is what.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

hello ladies!

Dream - that didn't come off harsh at all - I second it!!! the first half of 2010 su-cked for us too! now, we are moving on with lots of hope and a big 'ol bag of meds! hahaha...did my first injection this morning and we have to have hope or it's just going to su-ck even more! :) so, here's to a great month and happiness and good luck for all of us...

fram - I am with you on tcoyf...it's a very helpful book to many women and I have learned so much from it...but I decided it was time to put it away, for now.  It just wasn't doin' it for me!

scorpio - keep it fresh girl! ;) I remember calling hubby on our lunch hour and running home...of course, we are past that now with the ivf, but it was fun while it lasted! Good for you for being tuned in to the thyroid issue and to ask about these things at your physical! keep us posted.

hope everyone is well...i am hurtin' today - i pulled my back out planting potatoes this weekend!! uye uye uye!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Fram, step away from the book!  There is likely absolutely nothing wrong with you, but TCOYF will have you believe you're infertile after 3 cycles of TTC.  Even with perfect timing, it can still take a healthy couple a year to conceive.  I thought the book was helpful in the beginning, but after awhile I had to put it away.  I was over-analyzing everything.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Broken record alert--anytime I hear about negative OPKs, I'm compelled to remind people that the cycle I got pregnant with fraternal twins (i.e. ovulated twice), I never showed a surge over a period of 2 weeks (kept testing longer than I should have--and sometimes 2ce/day b/c I was on clomid and fully expected to ovulate).  Anyway, I won't go into all the details yet again, but just wanted to throw that out there and remind you not to rely on them to dictate the timing of your "activities."  They can be a useful tool when they work, but sometimes they don't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fram, I never saw the lines be EXACTLY the same.  I learned by counting the days from when I thought it was positive to AF that I was actually right in thinking that it was the surge.  14 days exactly every time, but the lines were SLIGHTLY off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Can't believe I forgot to say - welcome back on the wagon Dream!

Thanks for the input ladies.  My cycles are sometimes 35 days, which means O wouldn't happen until this Friday, so I'm not giving up on the strips yet!  I noticed some CM so made sure to get in some quality time together, regardless of what the strips said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

thanks, Fram! :-)

I'm interested to see how long my cycles are - last one was 26 days, and I know I can vary between 26 and 30 days normally. I'm hoping for a solid 28 day cycle this time around which would mean Monday when we finally get to move back into our house with a working bathroom and all - there will be lots to celebrate. ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

lol - ditto for me what daisy said.  on clomid, the first cycle the OPK worked, the second one it didn't (despite testing 2x/day) - and i got PG with twins that cycle, and saw my temp rise during the time i was OPK-ing!  maybe it's clomid that screws it up, but just something to bear in mind.  i'm a broken record when i say - temp, temp, temp!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Does anyone have any experience with using Provera to jump start or regulate their cycle.  I'm one year post partum (and three months off of breast feeding) and may want to be TTC soon and have not seen my period yet.  My OB wants to try a ten day cycle of Provera.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Hi Sarah,

I've used provera A LOT, but all pre-pregnancy.  It always worked in that it made me get my period.  Keep in mind that that's all it does, though.  It doesn't force you to ovulate the post-provera cycle--it just creates the opportunity for you to ovulate sooner than you might have otherwise.  I have PCOS, so my situation is probably quite different than yours, and I have no experience with non-birth-control-induced periods postpartum (started estrogen-containing birth control before I got one).  If you do use it, you may want to chart and/or use OPKs the following cycle to see if you ovulate or not. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Sarah - I did Provera in February (after coming of the pill last June and only having two periods between the two months).  It worked pretty much immediately for me, my period started the day after I stopped taking them.  20 days later, I had another period, and have now not had one since (on about day 36ish of this cycle, I think?).  So although it worked at the time, it doesn't seem to have been succesful in the long run.
    I did find though that it made me super bloated, had a massive breakout and cramping just before my period (that I have never had before, and haven't had since), so just be aware of some possible side effects going in to it.  Good luck!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Thanks gals.  I'm just looking to get my period again.  Its been a bit longer than I thought since I stoped breastfeeding so I'm hoping this does the trick to get my cycle going again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

YIKES!! just caught myself writing down my favorite girl names to see if they go with my last name! this is going to be a reeeeally long cycle.

please tell me i am not the only one who has ever done this!!!! I'm feeling a wee bit crazy right about now!!

other than these brief moments of daydreaming (most likely prompted by slow moments at work - very dangerous :)) I think we are doing okay so far...we are getting into a routine in the morning where hubby gets the meds together while I make smoothies - so far so good.

oh, and I ordered "girlfriend to girlfriend" last night - anyone read it? I am kind of excited to curl up with it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Cookiesandbrownies I have girl and boy names but focusing on the girl names since a son will most likely carry on my DH's name since it is a tradition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I think daydreaming and thinking about names is great and not crazy at all. :-)

We had pretty much settled on names in March, and I'm still 100% in love with my girl's name. I flip flop a lot on the boy - DH is a junior, but goes by his middle name and he doesn't want to have a III. boy names are so hard, I think. They can either be really boring, or really obnoxious...IMO.

What is "girlfriends to girlfriends?" If its a good book, I'll read it. :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Either I finally saw the sign on the ovulation strip, or I'm fooling myself.  Today is day 20 so it is within my timeframe. 
    Annnnnnnnnnd I am leaving at 9:00 am tomorrow for a weekend away.  F my life.  (Positive strip means ovulation will occur within 24-48 hours.)  Well, we'll do our best and give it another try... or 2!

And baby name daydreaming is completely acceptable!!  I have a running list of about 20 boys names and 30 girls names.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

fram - do the deed tonight and/or tomorrow AM - the sp&rm can live a couple days in there during your most fertile time.  i'd do both if i were you (assuming DH has no sp&rm issues).  good luck - this could work out ok!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

edited to add - and depending when you get home, do it again then just to be sure!  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Baby name day dreaming is fine.... I may or may not have a rolling spreadsheet of names I like....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

fram, I'm going away this weekend, too! Leaving DH at home to finish our bathroom...so I'm REALLY hoping this cycle is at least 28 days, if it is any shorter I would be O'ing this weekend (boo.) The good thing is, he's been openingly talking about making babies so I know he's as ready as I am to try again - and apparently now he wants a III so I guess we have our boy  named covered... :-)

Have a good weekend, ladies. :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I count on sp&rm living 2 days, but they can, on the outside, live up to 5.  Definitely go for it while you can.