June - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: June - TTC

hahaa...2/25 is my sister's birthday. My sister is awesome - she plays football. If it's any consolation. lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Fram, great news!  Here's hoping that I used up everyone's bad luck for awhile.  Feel well, take care, and fingers are crossed.

Dream, I know how you feel.  My SIL had her DH 5 days before my MC.  We're so very happy for them, and that she's healthy.  Still a kick in the teeth sometimes for us.  Bawl away.  You can always tell folks they're "happy tears" if they ask.

AMrunner.  Usually removing it is the way to go for thyroid CA.  Great catch.  I'm in the field if you want a second opinion (not from me, but I can point you in the right direction).

C&B: What great numbers!  Treat yourself while you rest up, and best wishes for an uneventful transfer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Oops.  My SIL had a DD.  She's had her DH now for a couple of years!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Fram, congratulations!  Great news!

Dream and ajuly, fingers crossed for you both during the 2ww!  Stay strong in waiting to test. ;)  My secret is not to keep tests in the house; it's easier to resist the temptation if you have to go out to pick one up. 

amrunner, wow!  My jaw dropped when I read your post.  I never thought I would have the occasion to think, "Thank goodness you had fertility issues!"  Oh my gosh, what amazing fortune that you discovered your thyroid issues and had your gland removed.  Keep us updated on your numbers!  Fingers crossed you can start TTC soon!  (We have had two cycles with good thyroid numbers, but nothing yet...Blah!)

All the best to everyone TTC!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Amrunner, that is a great attitude to have!  It certainly does seem better to find out after it has already been removed.

I would like to echo those who say wait to test!  I tested a week before the BFP (way too early) and got a BFN.  For me, I already had a bad feeling and was going to think it was a BFN whether I tested or not, so I wanted to do something.  I was still careful about cafeine and whatnot for the next week because I knew it could be wrong.

This is random, but you know what is weird?  If you do a search for chemical pregnancy on WebMD it doesn't come up with any results.  Seems so weird given the wealth of knowledge on there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

that's becuase they want you to stop worrying and enjoy your pregnancy. :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Haha
    As they say on Family Feud, good answer! good answer!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Mgb- too late, i already have one in the house. It was actually thrilling to buy one because I hope to be pregnant, not like the last time I bought one in high school, when I prayed I wasn't.  Maybe I should let DH keep it hostage for another week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Dream - I just laughed out loud.

Fram - don't search - all the cra*p you need to see is out there.  I've seen it.  My husband finally looked at me and said "why are you doing this to yourself".  Unclear acts of self torture!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Dream, that was a positively wonderful response.  You're funny! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Haven't been on here for awhile so I'm just getting caught up on all the news. 

CookieM - I'm so sorry for your loss, must have been especially hard given that you were at the 12 week mark. Hope you're healing.

Cookiesandbrownies - wow, that's a great number of embryos to have available for when you're ready!

Fram - congrats, that's so exciting!

amrunner- wow, so glad to hear that they caught your cancer early on like that.

As for me, I'm starting to believe that things happen for a reason and it's making me more calm about the whole ttc thing. No idea how long this mood will last (few weeks ago was the first time in months that I didn't break down at AF's arrival) but I've accepted that DH and I will need help to conceive and, if that means using a donor egg, then we're fortunate to have that option. My dr told us to consider a donor almost a year ago but I guess we just weren't ready to hear it then and had to get here in our own time. 

Best of luck to everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Oh, if only I took my own advice...I'm on day 27. My cycle can be anywhere from 26 to 31 days. I've entered in all the possible scenarios into the "probability" calculator (which I'm sure is REAL accurate). If i make it through today, I might actually consider that I could be pg. But I am positive I feel AF coming on - I keep going to the bathroom to check. I will wait and test on Sunday, if I make it that far. I'm driving myself bonkers. My boobs don't hurt, so I'm  pretty convinced that I'm not pg...pretty sure last time they were hurting by now. But only time will tell...it would be truly amazing if I am (like, a hole-in-one if you get my drift...)

TC - it seems like you're moving forward with a good attitude, and that is important! Things do happen for a reason, and one way or another, it will work out for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Random question for those of you charting/temping, what thermometer do you use?  I can generally follow the overall pattern on my chart to identify o (but usually only after the fact), but my temps have been up and down every since switching to a recommended basal body temperature thermometer several months ago.  Like one day 96.9, then 97.7, then 96.8-- ugh!  At this point, I am really just charting as a record in case we need further intervention, rather than to time BDing.  (DH's SA was great, so we are doing the all out BD at least once every day every cycle.  Now, that's a happy guy.  LOL!  And I can't believe I just wrote that on the internet...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

MBG I am using a digital basal one (in purple no less Laughing)that I bought at CVS and my temps were going wacky sometimes as well and then last month I never even saw a spike for an after the fact indicator that I had O'ed.  Plus my cycles went 28, 28, 31, 36, 35.  Last month we did the whole BD thing starting around day 11 and went crazy until like day 25 or so just in case and well there was nothing.

I did just order some ovulation test strips to supplement the temp taking at this point like you I am just using it to have as a reference and to track my cycle and when we do BD because they all just blurr together now. Embarassed

I know kar has suggested some strips before but I couldn't be bothered (that sounds so bad) with pee'ing in a cup and then dipping.  So I found some POAS style that are testing for the LH surge.  I just received them in the mail free shipping over $14.95 and you can order as many as you like each POAS test is individually wrapped, I have not yet used them so I cannot tell you if I like them or not.  They place has a sliding scale for prices but I don't remember what that scale was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Congrats Fram!  I just logged in now!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

wow, I just now figured out what AFM stands for. All this time I've been wondering, "who is this AFM that everyone is talking to?"

I'm special. :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

wow - these boards are so active! fun :)

fram, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

am - my jaw also dropped when i read your post.  you are an amazing woman to have gone through all of this with such strength and positivity! I am so happy for you that everything was caught so early and inspired by your outlook :)

dream - thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

and tc, i also believe that things happen for a reason.  this is a crazy ride but I like to believe there is "someone" at the wheel making sure we're alright!

speaking of which...(or afm, dream - you are too funny!) i was in the er last night.  i am fine now but on bedrest for what looks to be mild ohss.  i never thought i would end up this way (I was supposed to be prepping for a transfer tomorrow!) but i do believe this is happening for a reason...i needed to take a breather and when everything has calmed down (including my ovaries which have tripled in size!) i look forward to meeting those frozen embies! I told a friend tonight about the 16 and she said "so, you have 16 kids!?" I said, well that's one way of thinking of it!! hahahaha...at least for now, that is what i am thinking about to get through the boring days of bedrest and the feeling that my ovaries are going to fall straight out of me when i stand up!

hope everyone is well :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fun Friday story:

last night I had a dream about "Mittleschmertz." Except, the Mittleschmertz were a family that lived across the street, who's kids kept knocking on my door trying to get me to buy stuff. They owned  the local spa, and they put on Broadway musicals in their backyard.

My 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Engle, was in the audience one night and she had her 2 GIANT babies with her. They were very heavy.

I had to borrow someone's pants, because mine either didn't fit, or they weren't appropriate for the evening at the Mittleschmertz's.

That's all I can remember, maybe you guys can put the pieces together...lol. Day 29 and still clean as a whistle. I'm not terribly optimistic, but not ruling anything out.

have a good weekend!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Dream - that is too funny!  Let's hope that weird dreams about the Mittelschmerz family mean good news!

P.S. We need to go on a walk around the lake one of these days!!  Although, I think DH might follow us in his car to make sure you're not a psychopath.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

oh my goodness c&b i totally missed the ER part! Wow, yeah, I hope you feel better soon!

amrunner, if we could snap our fingers we wouldn't have this board! Now, what  kind of life would that be? :-) Great news not needing the iodine - radioactive ANYTHING never sounds good.

Yeah, I have some wierd dreams. That one was pretty mild. The Mittleschmerz or however you say it made me wakeup and think...huh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

haha oh good, glad I'm not alone. :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Yes, Fram we do. I have been meaning to say that, too! He can follow away, but he will have a hard time keeping up with my stealth ninja moves. :-)

Kidding of course. I get home around 5:45 most days, just let me know when you want to walk! You need the exercise, lady!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Day 30, no AF, BFN this afternoon. A few variables could imply a false negative so I'm not out of the game yet. Of course, AF will probably show up tomorrow on our 1 year anniversary. ;-) What a b*tch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Dream, here's hoping AF does show up for you guys....Happy Anniversary!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Dream, thinking good thoughts for you! And happy anniversary!  

This has been the longest week ever, Dh doesn't quite understand how hard the waiting is.  I've had cramps on and off today, day 28 tomorrow...

Sections
Shortcuts