June TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: June TTC

Congrats, TC on moving on to the OB! 

Welcome back to TTC, Luck.  I don't think it's crazy that you're worried about your eggs vs. the donor eggs. I don't know from experience but I would assume that it takes awhile to become comfortable with using donor eggs and now that you are there any change would cause anxiety.

Hug, so glad to hear the bleeding stopped.  Good luck this month!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't think it's weird, either.  I'd be much more confident that a donor's 20-something year old eggs are in much better shape than my almost 40 year old ones.  I wonder why we get all our eggs at birth.  Why couldn't we "lay" fresh ones every month?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

tc,
    I think once you see the heartbeat your odds of miscarriage dramatically drop (I just dont know the exact statistic) so thats good!

____

Got a positive OPK today. Hoping that our ONE time will be enough this month (now that  hubby is gone) but I am guessing its unlikely :(  ALthough, it was only 48 hours ago, so I'm hoping that there is still a chance!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There's a chance, hugh.  Sperm can live long enough to fertilize an egg released 4 days after BDing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi everybody - just checking in. How are the 2ww-ers? Tomarra, I think you'd said you'd be testing this week...good luck!! Nov and clc, how are you doing? Kar, any sign of a +OPK yet?

Hugh, I'd say there's definitely a chance this month (just think of all the millions of couples who didn't know to bd on "the day," but it still happened for them!). Good luck!

I'm 4 days into injectibles, and so far, so good. Had my first ultrasound check this morning, and things are moving along. Between all the bloodwork and injections, I'm starting to feel like a pincushion. But hopefully it'll all be worth it!

Stefani, you're probably right about injectibles + acupunture = multiples? I think I'll hold off for now. I'm substituting my gym's free yoga class in the meantime...I went on Monday for the first time in probably 2 years, and man, am I sore!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm here, CD 12, hoping the B's give us a reason to celebrate tonight Cool

ETA: sorry about feeling like a pin cushion Tang.  Hopefully all those needles result in a happy, healthy LO which would make it all worth it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, I hope the injections work for you and that the discomfort will be worth it.

clc, good luck this cycle!

AFM, I’m very frustrated this morning.  I woke up today with slightly lower temp., no sign of AF so I tested and got a negative.  So, I’m trying to patiently wait for AF to show up so that I can move on.  I’m going to ask the RE to up the clomid dose and for the trigger shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tom, could it be too early for you to test?  Perhaps there is still a shot this month?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking, but haven't had anything to contribute. I do have a question now and since everyone here is so knowledgable, I figured I'd ask... Sorry if this is TMI.

I just stopped using the Nuvaring after about 4 years in preparation for TTC. We're not actually TTC yet so I'm fairly certain that I'm not pg. (It's only been a few weeks anyway.) My breasts, especially my nipples, are killing me! I'm not sure if this is something that I should expect with the hormone change? I don't know if I should call my doctor or if I should just wait it out. 

Thanks for your help!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Chiclet,  That usually happens to me when I'm about to OV.  Good luck!

AFM, still no sign of AF and another negative test.  I starting to worry that I didn't OV this month even though I had postive OPKs and temp. change.  Im debating whether to call the RE or not...what do you guys think?

P.S.  While steaming my cloths this morning for work I spotted a turkey in the back yard.  So cool!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You could be pg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP's success in talking with her DH gave me the nudge to talk with mine last night about our lack of BD during the week.  He agreed that we need to start finding the time to BD if we are serious about TTC.  So we will be working on that in the upcoming months.  Sounds like we are going to have a great summer!  So thank you, WPP, for inspiring me to have the conversation!

Tom, hope you get some answers soon.  How late are you?  It might be worth it to call your RE.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

yay clc!  It's not just good for TTC - ENJOY each other!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, Glad to DH is more willing to try.  I find my DH to also be 3 months behind me on most things. He catches on quick though so now he gives me a hard time when I'm being lazy about BD-ing.

AFM, AF seems to be making her way...just a day or 2 late.  Have a good day ladies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

DH made me promise (with a handshake to confirm it) that if on the off chance we were successful last night we would have our LO's middle name be "Bruin"... so here's to hoping that we created our first little Bruin!

Tom, sorry about AF arriving, so frustrating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks Tom! I guess I'll just be patient. Sorry to hear that AF is on her way. 

Hope everyone else is doing well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

clc, glad I could inspire you (and it sounds like it went well!) :)

Tom, sorry about AF :(

I'm all about the emoticons today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Happy 1st day of summer everyone.  I hope you all are well.

AFM, moving forward with my 4th clomid cycle and waiting on insurance to see if I can get the trigger shot for this cycle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck, Tomarra.  When do you hear from insurance?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, I'm sorry about AF. But I'm glad you're moving forward with your next cycle and pressing for the trigger shot. I really hope your insurance covers it. If not, I've heard it costs in the neighborhood of $80-120 out of pocket, and that it can be cheaper at pharmacies like Target's.

How's everyone else doing? clc, love that your firstborn might be named "Bruin" - fingers crossed that their victory was your good luck charm!

AFM, I took the trigger shot Monday, had IUI yesterday, and am now in the 2ww. Not feeling super-optimistic about this cycle - despite being on injectibles, I still only had one mature follicle. So, we'll see. Hope everyone else is doing well!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck, Tang! One follicle is really all it takes, right?  Maybe it's your time!

Being a relative newbie to TTC, can you explain why you do a trigger shot?  And why insurance would or wouldn't cover it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, clc! I hope you're right ;)

The trigger shot is essentially a big dose of HCG, the pregnancy hormone that triggers ovulation. In my case, my doctor monitors the growth of follicles on my ovaries, and when she sees one that's mature enough to ovulate and produce an egg, she has me inject myself with the trigger. The surge of HCG helps to burst the follicle and release the egg. I think it's sort of an insurance policy - after you've spent the time, effort, and money on a round of fertility meds, you want to make sure those ovaries actually do their job! Also, some women ovulate too late in their cycles, so taking the shot helps to eliminate that problem.

My insurance covers the trigger shot, and I'm not sure why others wouldn't. We're very lucky that in MA, fertility coverage is mandated; in most other states, it's optional, so it's rare for people to have much, if any, coverage. But - I guess some insurers see it as an optional medication, so they'd resist covering it. In my opinion, anything that speeds up the TTC process, as opposed to prolonging it, along with the associated costs, is probably worth it!

HTH, and sorry if that's a much more long-winded explanation than you were looking for :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

FYI on insurance: self-insured companies in MA are NOT required to cover infertility.  mine does not.  one argument to not covering it is that people suffering from infertility and requiring fertility treatments can have more difficult pregnancies and/or multiples - costing more for the self-insured company.  just thought i'd add this b/c when i was TTC i didn't understand why i wasn't covered but i finally figured it out!  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks Tang and Stefani.  Tang that was a perfect explanation.  At this point I'm just trying to take all of the information in just in case I need it in the future.

DH is clueless about this stuff so I figure I need to get all of the information and feed it to him.  We are on month 4 of TTC and the other day he says "this is taking awhile, maybe we should go get your eggs checked out."  I had to explain that 4 months isn't really that long and that we would need to wait a little while before we are off to the doctor.  He did, however, concede to starting the OPK strips after this month if we aren't successful.  So it's a step in the right direction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Hi Ladies,

It wasn't an issue about the insurance covering the meds but they have a specific pharmacy that you have to buy them from.  I have a great out of state insurance and they cover everything. But, this caused issues with RE office (more like the nurse on call) because they normal go through a different pharmacy.  So, I had to setup everything up with pharmacy first then had the RE office call in the with the Rx.  Anyhow, the trigger shot will be delivered tomorrow.  I have my day 11 us on Saturday and if I have a mature follicle I will be injecting myself over the weekend. 

Tan, I know your not hopefully but I will be crossing my fingers and toes for you.  It's just a matter of time before you get your positive!

clc,  How far along are you on this cycle?  I hoping is for another short one for you. My DH is still very clueless about the whole process but he's always willing to play along. 

I hope all is well with everyone else.

Sections
Shortcuts