June TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: June TTC

I'm on CD 19 now... so I would guess I'm in the 2ww. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, I was out of place to ask that question...sorry.  Sending you good wishes for this cycle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Good point, stefani! Such a very complicated insurance system we have...

clc, I've been forced to bone up on all this fertility stuff, so definitely ask away if any other questions occur to you :)  4 months, in my understanding, is 100% normal and expected for TTC. (It just so happens that I have a freakishly fertile bunch of friends who seem to get knocked up just by looking at their husbands, which makes me feel even more abnormal than I already do ;) Anyway, I'm glad your DH is willing to try OPK strips next cycle. You can promise him it'll be completely painless for him; there just might be few days when you'll feel especially "frisky"! :)

Tomarra, I'm glad you've figured out the system and are making it work for you! That's great that you'll have the trigger shot in hand tomorrow and ready to go. GL at your u/s on Saturday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: June TTC:
    [QUOTE]clc, I was out of place to ask that question...sorry.  Sending you good wishes for this cycle.
    Posted by tomarra[/QUOTE]

You weren't out of place.  I hope I didn't make you feel that way.  We all ask personal questions of each other.  I sure do!  That's what this place is for Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks again for all of the info.  I'm a planner by nature so I like to have a lot of information before just jumping in to something.  While I know that we are still in the "normal" time frame for TTC it doesn't hurt to know what might be next.  Keep the information coming!

Good luck with the trigger shot this weekend, Tomarra.  Maybe that's the little extra help you've needed.

We have friends visiting this weekend with their one year old.  I can't wait to spend some time with her.  Hopefully, if the weather cooperates, we will be taking her on her first beach experience...should be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I cant' remember the age cutoff, but I think it's 35 for a year to be totally normal for TTC.  For over that age (whatever it is) it's 6 months before you need to get an evaluation.

Even at your most fertile age (can't remember that, either), you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month even with perfect timing, etc., so 4 months doesn't even cover that since 20% is 1 in 5.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, you didn't come off that way.  I answered the post quickly then headed off to a meeting.  At the meeting I kept thinking that it was "none of my business to ask clc that question."  I just feeling really off to today...I guess...sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

CLC- fwiw, I went off birth control about 6 months before ttc (using alternate protection) in order to allow my cycle to regulate.  I don't know if that played a factor in our conceiving quickly, but I am just mentioning that because I know you just went off bc and are still trying to regulate your cycles.  When i did my pre-conception work ups, the drs definitely told me that 1 year is normal in ttc world, though I'd add that if you want an evaluation sooner you could push for it.  Sending positive thoughts your way!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A year of non-intervention ttc is recommended if the mother is under 35.  If she's over 35, it's 6 months.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Girls!  Just wanted to let you know I am still thinking of you and sending positive thoughts, even if I'm not posting much.  Update: I've lost 9 pounds, and am starting to feel it in my clothes, which has greatly lifted my spirits!  MRI is also scheduled for this weekend to figure out the back/hip pain issues.  Thanks for being there for me when I was feeling down.

Good luck to everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Novem, Good for you!  I hope the MRI shows nothing serious...good luck!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Well I (we) had a sucky weekend.  We have one follicle on the left side that is still too small.  I have another us for Tuesday morning and hopefully by then it will be matured.  Saturday, at a bridal shower I heard one my husbands aunts congratulate my SIL on her 2nd pg.  I balled my eyes out on the way home but was able to control myself the next day when we gathered for BIL birthday celebration.  My DH knew about the pg but he didn't want to tell me before hand knowing it would upset me.  After talking about it, seems the whole not pg situation is hitting him a lot harder then it is me.  He feels some what guilt for all the things I have to endure in order to get pg.  I had to ensure him that I have no issues going through this because I want a child just as badly as him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, congrats on the 9 lbs!!  That's definitely noticeable in how your clothes fit - they must be falling off. :)  GL with the diagnosis process; it can be elusive.

Tomarra, sorry you're having such a hard emotional time and that DH is experiencing guilt on top of it all.  I'm sure you assured him by saying what you did about it being just as much for you as for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Nov, that really is great. 9 lbs is major! And just in time for summer :)

Tom, I'm so sorry you had a crummy weekend. I feel your pain...I get so frustrated when I don't get the news I'm looking for at my ultrasounds. It feels like such a waste of time (and money), knowing you have to wait longer and go back for another one. I bet that little guy will have grown nicely by tomorrow morning...how big was it over the weekend?

And...I'm sorry about the SIL news getting you down. I found out the other day that a(nother) close friend is pg with her 2nd, and over the weekend we saw another friend who's about 7 months into a semi-unplanned pregnancy. She and her DH are all nervous about having a baby, and I wished so badly that I could say "you have no idea how lucky you are!!" Anyway - I bet once you've digested the news a bit, you'll feel a lot better. And like Kar said, I'm sure you made DH feel a little better by reassuring him that you're more than willing to go through all this stuff. My DH has said many times that he wishes he could take some of the burden off my shoulders. It must be awfully hard for them to see us dealing with meds, appointments, ultrasounds....and disappointment. But knowing how badly we want it hopefully makes it a little easier to take. I've told DH "If the doctor told me to stand on my head for a week to get pg, I'd do it without complaint!"

Anyway tomm, keep us posted on tomorrow's u/s. My fingers are crossed for a nice, big, ripe follicle :)

AFM, no news. No real hopes for this cycle, as I don't believe I o-ed, so just counting down the days 'til my beta next week, then off to the races again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Tom, sorry you had such a tough weekend.  On the bright(er) side - look at well you and and DH are communicating and getting through this together.  It will happen for you guys!  GL tomorrow.  {{hugs}}

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry about the bad weekend, Tomm.  Wishing you good news for tomorrow!

Nov, 9 lbs, that's awesome!  Good luck with the MRI!

Thanks for all the TTC info.  I'm 26 so we will be waiting several more months before I push to see the doctor.  I will however be ordering the OPK strips after this cycle.  Still hoping that there is a chance for this cycle. 

AFM, I'm on CD 23 and on Saturday I had some spotting and now (sorry TMI) my discharge is sort of tan/brownish.  I normally see this discharge at the end of AF and some months for a day or so at the beginning but it seems a little early for it now.  Any thoughts?  Could I be getting AF already?  Is there any chance left for this cycle?  I know I've seen implantation bleeding brought up a few times here but I don't know much about it and when it would occur. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not to be overly optimistic (we all know how I feel about HOPE), but it sounds very much like implantation bleeding.  It's the right cycle day, color, and amount.  Google it, you'll see.  GL, clc!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Kar.  At first I was pretty upset when I saw the blood. It had been a long day and we had a house full of 6 people (including a one year old) so I was pretty down.  And then after that initial instance I didn't notice any more bright blood just the tinted discharge and got to hoping that it could be something else.  Man this week is going to be tough, waiting to test and for the long weekend is going to be awful!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Do you have any history of fibroids?  I have uternine fibroids and I will randomly get breakthrough bleeding, esp if I've worked out really hard or done extensive ab work. It's usually brownish and can actually be bright red at times. It generally lasts for a day or 2 and I don't need more than a panty liner for it. It took me forever to get a doctor to make the connection.  I thought I was pg all the time [ie, I'd get all excited and feverishly get POAS tests] or that there was something seriously wrong w/ me.

Chances are it's nothing but a fluke. If you are pg, you'll know for sure in a few weeks if AF is late or you get a BFP. Till then, don't hold out too much hope or read too much into it.  GL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I got the idea this was unusual for her, but I don't know...  I agree, though, it might not be, and definitely don't waste $$$$ on FRER.  Just wait until AF is actually LATE in spite of what the HPT box says.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yeah, I've had actual implantation bleeding too and it looks just like this too. I didn't put much stock in it when it happened b/c it was par for the course for me to have breakthrough bleeding.  I waited an additional week to test and when it was positive was like, duh, I  guess htat was implantation bleeding.  lol.

If you are pg, you'll know when AF is late. I know it's exciting, I really literally wee'ed away money w/ those POAS tests for months on end b/c I was convinced that breakthrough bleeding was implantation bleeding.  Just wait until you are late and test then. GL.

Sorry if this is TMI, but if you had a 'wild night' shall we say, the night or 2 nights before hand, you can get this kind of breakthrough bleeding as well 24-48 hrs later.  Embarassed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

At this point this is unusual for me.  I would say the look of discharge is normal right before and after AF.  Considering it's pretty much stopped and was at least a week earlier than I expected AF I thought it seemed off.  There were a few times that I notice similar discharge in between cycles after coming off BC.  So you're all right, it could be nothing.  I do have one FRER at home but considering I've been having longer cycles I will wait at least until past CD 28 to test.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hang on to the FRER for at least a week.  I've read tons of false negative reports about it, and there's no sense wasting it.  I still am leaning toward thinking this is IT for you, but at the same time I'll feel terrible for contributing to getting your hopes up if it turns out to be nothing.  It's just so "perfect" for IB...I'd have a VERY hard time not getting excited if it were me, even though ALF is 100% right about the other things that could cause discharge like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you are having longer cycles, it probably makes sense to wait to test until you know AF is late.  You could and still can set your watch to my cycles - 28 days on the nose- but I was having the breakthrough bleeding.  If you are having longer cycles, I'd wait until at least the day after your longest cycle thus far to test [so, if you are 35 days, test on day 36]. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good advice, ALF.  Those tests are great for having positives be the real thing, but are known for false negatives.  Might as well not throw money away.

'Course, guilt is prompting me to say that for ME this is all "do as I say, not as I do," LOL.  Embarassed