June TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: June TTC

Thanks again!  ALF, my longest cycle was 60 days... I don't think I'll make it that long : ) but you're right, I should wait more than 28.

Kar, thanks for the good thoughts.  I guess I was already moving on after getting down on Saturday.  I'll take a little hope for now and if it's not my month I will happily use the OPK strips next month.  So either way I have something to look forward to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I've been severely chastised here for my honesty when my opinion has been negative.  Hopefully, that means that when I'm positive about something people know I'm not just blowing unwarranted sunshine. :)  BEST WISHES to you that I'm right!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

DH and I have grown a bit during this process and have gotten much closer.  I very lucky to have him in my life.

clc, It could be implanation or mid-cycle bleed (which can be cause by a fibroid or cycst).  I'm crossing my fingers that it's good news you will be sharing with us soon!  If you can wait to test I wouldn't blame or shame you one bit (cause we have all been there at one time).  Good luck!

Tan,  Your are in my thoughts and I hope your chance comes soon too!

Nov, How was the MRI?  Thank you for you kind thoughts.

Kar and ALF, It's great to hear from you.  I hope all is well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wouldn't judge anyone for testing early, either - talk about the pot calling the kettle black!  I WISH I could kick my addiction, but there's a rush about it I crave.  I need help..........Embarassed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

You guys were right.. our BD 3 days before my positive OPK did it.  I am expecting my period tomorrow and just got a POSITIVE pregnancy test!  It was light the first day, but then yesterday I did the ept digital and it clearly read "pregnant" right away.  Apparantly I must be very fertile to get it on a one-time deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats!!!  Your man has pretty virile swimmers to make the goal after 4 days even though sperm can live up to 5 - it's on the outside of their lifespan.  :)  Sticky thoughts and best wishes, hughkona!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

congrats hughkona!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Woohooo hughkona!!  Congratulations!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats, Hug!  Pretty impressive.  Hopefully your the start of some good news all around!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I just got the update from the us this morning.  It's measuring 18mm (it was 12mm on Sat) and they want to take the trigger shot tomorrow night and get busy.  I'm so nervous but I hope it works!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck, Tomarra!  Have fun this week!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Thanks everyone!  Yes, lets hope for another girl, because our first daughter was also the product of "old sperm" hahahaha

I am hoping this will put some fairy dust on all you girls! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tomarra, good luck with this round!!

And, again, congrats hk - are you hoping for another girl?  Logistically, that would sure be easier!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Congrats, hughkona!! Very exciting.

clc, fingers crossed that you were having implantation bleeding!

And tomarra - awesome!! I bet that follicle will be 20+ by the time you trigger tomorrow night...and the trigger is supposed to help the follicle mature further before it releases. My fingers are crossed for you! I was totally freaked out about injecting myself, but I promise you that it's not as bad as it seems. The needle is super-tiny...I know that's not much consolation, but it'll be over in a flash. GL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Just wanted to send everyone my best wishes! Between Hug's BFP, Tom's growing follicle and CLC's maybe implantation bleeding, it looks like this board is heating up! I'm sending lots of sticky thoughts your ways!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. 

Tang, are you in the 2ww now?  Also, another amateur question... what's your beta?  I saw you mentioned it in an earlier post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Thanks for the good wishes!

Tan, I do have one question.  The directions say to allow the syringe to come to room temperature.  I'm thinking about taking it out of the fridge 30 minutes before I use...do you think that will be enough time?

It would be so nice if this forum was bouncing with good news in weeks to come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Congrats on your BFP kona!!! That is awesome.

Tomarra - Best of luck with the trigger!! 18mm is awesome!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, that's exactly what I do. The first time I didn't let the shot warm up at all, which I think made it less comfortable. Now I let it warm up for about 30 minutes. Did your RE show you how to inject yourself? If not, there's a good video here: http://www.villagefertilitypharmacy.com/medications-and-video-injection-lessons

I used to inject myself in the upper thigh area, but recently started doing it in my stomach, which is less painful and prone to bruising. The idea of it really freaked me out, but I actually prefer it now! Also, the nurse told me to pinch a roll of skin/fat (awesome) and inject into that. Good luck!!

clc, yup, I'm in the 2ww. And, the beta test is the pregnancy blood test you can get at the doctor's office. It looks for the presence of HCG, the pregnancy hormone, in your blood. I believe this makes it a little more sensitive than POAS tests, since they can detect even tiny amounts of HCG earlier in your cycle. My RE requires me to have one every month to determine that I'm definitely not pg before moving on to the next round of meds. HTH!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for the info, Tang, and good luck in this 2ww.  I'm here waiting with you and it's killing me already.  I definitely thought about testing this morning but was able to talk myself into holding out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, Thanks for the information. I will have to check out video when I get home.  I did get a print out with detailed instructions from the RE office but it did not tell me how long to keep the syringe out before injecting it.

I did just got a bit of scare just a little while ago.  In the cafe I felt I was about to pass out.  I'm drinkiing some juice now and hoping it well go away.  I have been taking some extra strength Mucinex for a for 4 days now and I think it's been causing to feel dizzy/light headed or I'm coming down with something.

Good to those of you in 2ww! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

So I broke down and tested this morning (CD 27).  I know it's potentially too early to test but there was one in the house sooo... anyway BFN.  Oh well.  I guess there is still hope but I have college friends visiting for the weekend and now I won't feel guilty having a drink or two.  If I don't have AF by the end of next week I'll test again.

I'm ready to buy the OPK strips though... any suggestions on which ones to get from Amazon?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like the dip ones, and I buy them in the amount that costs the least per strip.  Take heart, though, your BFN could turn to a BFP in a week.  Maybe postpone your ordering of the OPK strips until then. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AF is arriving today, I can definitely feel it.  DH will be particularly crushed because he just said yesterday, "I think you're pregnant, I can tell."  What he can "tell" is that I've gained 10 lbs this year.  Thank goodness our annual purification diet (Standard Process Purification) will be starting next week.  I always lose 7 - 10 lbs and keep it off until I start eating Winter junk.  I can't wait to wear my thin jeans...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Oh Kar, sorry to hear about AF! That stinks! 

DH and I started a new diet today with the help of a nutritionist I just started seeing. It's called the Omniheart Study. I can't find much online about it, but it's lots of fruits and veggies and not so much sugar. I have a lot of fat to lose before TTC and DH is heading down the path of a diabetic (despite being really skinny!) so we're trying. I say this as I'm eating my sixth serving of fruits/veggies for the day. Good luck with your purification diet!