June TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: June TTC

Thanks, Chiclet!  Sometimes diabetes is 100% genetic, but DH can definitely do a lot with diet to manage it.  Glad to know you are both working with a nutritionist; there's lots of misinformation out there that can be particularly damaging to a diabetic (or someone predisposed at least).  GL with your Omniheart diet.  Keep in mind (although, I'm sure the nutritionist told you) that fruit sugar is real sugar.  My diet tells us to eat twice as many vegetable servings as fruit so we don't get too much fructose.  So, 6 servings of fruits and veggies should mean 4 veggies and 2 fruits even though it's much easier to have it reversed.

I started purification today...so excited!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks Kar! You'll be in your skinny jeans in no time! :-)

DH's grandfather is diabetic but is luckily able to manage it with diet. It's deceiving because you'd think that if you're at a good weight, you're safe. DH's blood sugar is ok, but his LDL and triglycerides are high enough that he could be in trouble in 10 years. I'm worried that my body fat % is going to give us problems in the fertility department, so I've been trying to get that under control but just exercising and watching portions isn't working.

To your point about the sugar in fruits - of the 11 servings of fruits and vegetables we're supposed to eat a day, 3 are to be fruit and then 3-4 cups of vegetables. I'm not a fruit eater at all, so this is going to be particularly difficult.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Exercising and getting your portions down should be resulting in weight loss.  Unless there is a hormonal problem, weight loss is a simple matter of physics - if you eat less than you need to burn per day, you tap into your fat to make up the difference.  If you were working out 3 - 4 times a week, and getting no more than 1700 calories a day and still were not losing weight, I'd get a thyroid work-up.  Nutrition helps, but it isn't necessary for weight loss; you can eat 1700 calories of Toll House cookies a day and lose weight.  You'd be malnourished, but that's different.

By reducing calories by increasing calorie light, nutrient dense foods, you lose weight AND stay well nourished - obviously, that's what you're going for, and I'm sure the nutritionist covered all that.

Diabetes is not just weight induced, as you've learned.  I know quite a few slender diabetics. :)

If you want to talk further about this, my personal email is kargiverbdc at gmail, and I'd be happy to chat about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

CLC ... I have a ton of opk strips at home that I don't need.  If you haven't bought any yet and AF hasn't shown up yet .. let me know and I'll mail them to you.  I think you can friend me through BDC and then I'll give you my email address that way.  GL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There is no way to post a PRIVATE message in BDC anymore no matter how you do it.  Whatever you post to someone in any fashion, everyone can see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: June TTC:
    [QUOTE]CLC ... I have a ton of opk strips at home that I don't need.  If you haven't bought any yet and AF hasn't shown up yet .. let me know and I'll mail them to you.  I think you can friend me through BDC and then I'll give you my email address that way.  GL!
    Posted by bostongrl[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I just requested to be your friend.  Once I can send you a message I will give you my email and then you can just delete the message.

Still waiting on AF.  I haven't ordered the strips yet on the off-chance that I was too early to test last Friday.  I'm going to hold off on testing again until this weekend.  I don't have any symptoms either way so I'm not sure what to expect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

yeah... but it is easier to the delete the message with the address in it if it is on your profile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

True, but it sounded like there might have been an assumption of privacy, and I figured better safe than sorry re mentioning it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks again, Boston.  I emailed you and deleted the message you sent me.

Thanks for the tip, Kar. I thought you could personally message someone but I guess not so it was a learning experience for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No problem, I thought it sounded like you thought it would be a 100% private thing.  It used to be, actually, before they redid the forums.  You can leave a personal message, but it's not private, and what's the point of that??  We complained when BDC made the switch and we realized this was a side effect, but they didn't fix it. :(