March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: March 2011

It certainly is Wink...good luck ladies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Well, I guess I can stop lurking now...I just finished my last BC so we're officially on the TTC train. I read TCOYF and started "practice charting" while on BC just to get into the habit.

DH is really zen about this and I think I'm the nervous one! I'm not anticipating anything happening right away, though....I never had a normal period before BC so I'm anxious about irregularity now. Undecided

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome, WPP, and best wishes!  The best thing you can do about irregularity is have a lot of sex! ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Lol Kar!  Welcome aboard WPP!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AF arrived today 4 days late.  It's the first time since I've used the ovulation strips that she didn't arrive exactly on time.  So, I'm pretty disappointed this time.  I tested and got BFNs, but read so many reports of repeated false negatives until 1 or 2 weeks after AF was due...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Oh kargiver, I'm sorry. That just s&cks. It must have been so hard not to get your hopes up with AF 4 days late...argh. Not to promote any false hopes, but...any chance this AF could just be spotting? Since you've always been so regular in the past...

Welcome, WhirledPeas! (I love your screen name). I was also irregular before BCP. This may not (and hopefully won't) be the case for you, but for some of us irregular ladies, AF can take awhile to show up after stopping BCP. Just so it doesn't come as a shock if she takes her sweet time :) Good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

WP, I have irregular cycles too but when I came off of the BP they were 28-38 days for the first three months then they got longer.  So, try to relax it will happen!

All the newbies, I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and not worry so much in the 6 months because I wish I did. 

Tan, how are you doing?  I suddenly hungry all time and I hope it's not due to the clomid.

Kar, so sorry AF showed up...I  was getting so hopeful for you.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sory about AF, Kar.  I was really hoping this was your month.  Maybe it is still possible - like Tang said.  My best to you, friend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hey tomarra - where are you in your cycle? Have you had any other side effects from clomid? The only thing I've noticed has been headaches...starting a few days after I finished the pills, I started getting annoying headaches. I just got back from my CD10 u/s...I have a couple of follicles, but they need a few more days to grow, so I'm back in for another u/s this weekend.

Hope you ladies are doing well...Happy St. Patty's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan- I'm on CD5, day 3 clomid and the hunger this the only side effect I have.  I will be on the look out for the headaches though.  I'm going in for u/s on the 23rd but it stinks that one has to go in so often when on clomid.  My work has been understanding and they think I'm seeing the doctor's for back pain.  There has been times when I wanted to come clean to my boss but I chicken out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

tom, that's great that you're not having major side effects either....I've heard the hot flashes can be pretty bothersome for some people. I know - all the doctor visits are really piling up, and I'm sure my boss and coworkers must think something's up. It's funny, I was pondering the same thing today - my boss is about to give birth after a long struggle with infertility, and I'm very tempted to come clean. But she has a big mouth, too, and I don't really want this spread all over...anyway, if you do decide to 'fess up, let me know how it goes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

I'm so sorry Kar, that stinks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

lol, Kar, I think we'll do just that! Sorry that AF teased you by being late and then came anyway.

Tangerine, are your coworkers male? If they get too nosy maybe you can just claim "lady issues" and they'll run away screaming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  And, I'm not offended at all by the suggestion of spotting (thanks!), but without giving TMI, I'm very sure...sure enough not to waste yet another test, lol.

tomarra, I can't warn enough against giving tmi at work too early.  It's tempting because you think you'll feel better for not keeping a secret anymore, but that relief is short lived and replaced with negatives you can't undo.  Stay strong!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Sorry Kar. What a cruel tease from AF.

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww and welcome WPP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

kar, to your point, I was just thinking more about telling my manager...and then thought, "TTC could go on for a long time. Do I really want her 'checking in' every week for months on end?" Nooo. So even though I already have 2 more appointments lined up for next week, I'm going to stay silent. Like you said - fleeting relief followed by potentially long-lasting negatives.

And, sorry again about AF. SO frustrating Yell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kar and Tan,
    I hear yah and that's why I ever say anything.  Even though it doesn't stop some co-workers from making unwanted remarks.  My supervisor and other co-workers are all becoming grandmothers by the end of the year.  So, for several hours of the day I get to hear all the wonderful details.  I don't mind for the most part but AF is here is hard to remain composed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies,
    As much as I wish the best and hope for everyone's success as far as TTC is concerned, I was not going to add to this board even though I was someone, who had a difficult time to conceive. I did walk in your shoes once, and I certainly do feel for you.
    However, this subject came up: Do I tell - or do I not tell my work place, that I am trying to conceive?
    As an employer, I am advising you NOT to let it out in the open. When someone starts adding lots of sick time for a few hours and half days, we employers know something is going on anyway. But the rest of the employees do not take it well. Why is Jane never here, when I need her? That you are TTC-ing, is not an excuse to them. Especially the male population. You are there to do a job and that is all that matters for your co-workers. That you can't get conceive, is not their problem. Their problem is to meet a deadline.
    Many of your co-employees may face other problems, far worse than yours. An ailing parent, a chronic sick child, cancer treatments - just to name a few. At least you are a healthy person. Be happy for that. I know, I am being blunt - but so is life.
    Just trying to be honest - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Thanks Pingo, I really appreciate it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Just to put forth another view point - I did the opposite.  I told everyone.  But I was also very careful to go for 6:30 AM ultrasounds and blood work so as to not interfere as much as possible with work. Although it was painful for me to do so early I thought it was better than being late for work.   Really, I only missed a little time - specifically 5 days for the egg retrievals.  I found that everyone at work was so very understanding and that it stopped all questions about when are you going to get pregnant etc.  I felt like I had the support of everyone and could even educate some people on what TTC is really like.    My favorite was after an IUI one of my coworkers asked if I wanted a cigarette.  I couldn't stop laughing.  To me keeping it light and in the open was great.  Despite all my troubles conceiving I think I did really well emotionally.

I am not ashamed of my infertility and I think this process has made a whole group of people more understanding of what some of us need to go through.

I think it depends on your personality and the people at your work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad it worked out postively lil!  I think it does depend on the workplace, and more often than not it's a good thing to keep it quiet, but there ARE exceptions.  Thanks for pointing that out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Luckinlife,
    I  am also glad it worked out well for you. But it sounds like you had the right attitude, to keep your appointments as to not inconvenience your co-workers.
    When employees leave early afternoon for whatever appointment and let the rest of the team work overtime to meet a deadline - it does create problems.
    Doctors, dentists, hospitals do have evening and Saturday hours. Unless it is an emergency, please use them - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I don't know, after four years of living in Boston I've never had a doctor or dentist with weekend hours. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong the places to go, but much of the world revolves around the 9-5 workday. There are simply certain things you can't do during evenings and weekends. I don't think it's right to penalize people for needing to use a doctor.

Employers should understand that they hired people, not robots, and occasionally a 2 pm doctor's appointment is all you can get unless you want to wait four months.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

WPP, you and I must be going to the same places.

Doctors and dentists with off hours are few and far between. Some hospital departments have longer hours, but not all and it's not necessarily convenient (what good is a lab that's open 9am-7pm if you need fasting bloodwork?). Most night and weekend hours are for emergencies only, not routine appointment.

Employers have sick time for a reason. I use it. At least doctor's appointments are planned ahead of time, so you can make arrangements at work, if there is a deadline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm just starting my first 2ww.  We aren't necessarily trying yet but are going the "if it happens, it happens" route for a little while.  Coincidentally, AF is due on my birthday so we'll see what kind of birthday present I get this year : )

Sections
Shortcuts