March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: March 2011

Prill,
    No way do we penalize employees that need to visit their doctor. What I said was, that their co-workers get frustrated, when someone keeps leaving early and leave the rest with the work load. That is what creates the problems. Anyone is intitled to use their sick time or their vacation time.
    Interesting about doctors and dentists not having off hours. In my office building we have a dentist as well as an eye doctor. Both work Saturdays and have evening hours Tuesdays and Thursdays. My own physician also have Saturday hours and sees patients any evening if necessary. Personally, I have always had an evening appointment for my physical.
    - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Getting geared up for BDing :o) ... started the OPK strips today (CD9) - I am getting so much more comfortable reading the cheapy OPK strips... hopefully this is a skill that I will not need to employ for much longer.

Mostly over my disappoint of AF arriving last weekend.  It does help that there is only one week between that disappointment and gearing up for BDing.  One of my friends had her baby Saturday, and we'll be going to see her this coming weekend.  I am happy that it will be in the BDing/2ww phase of my cylce as I seem to be more in the mood to be happy for others compared to right after getting AF.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!  and welcome to the TTC team CLC :o) .. time to start practicing your zen state for waiting out the 2ww

Tomarra... that totally sucks that you have to listen to all the excitement from the grandmothers-to-be, particularly right after getting AF ... I can totally sympathize :(  There is really no way around it, it sucks.  Like you said, even if it is ok most days... there are just some days where it feels like too much.  I haven't found many ways to deal with this other than going home and crying or taking my frustrations out during kickboxing class.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

I think it is really dependent on the type of work and the coworkers in question.  As a manager myself, if someone told me they needed to take time off for TTC appointments, I would be fine with that provided they HAD the time available to take.  Just the same as I would be fine with someone needing to take time off for appointments related to a sick child, or chemotherapy, etc.  I actually think I would be less put off if I knew what was going on because then I wouldn't be wondering if the person was out interviewing or just randomly taking time for personal business.  And if the person in question's coworkers had a problem with it they could addresss it with me.  I would then discuss it without disclosing the details.  And in the case of TTC, a lot of the appointments are very time-sensitive, so you CAN'T schedule them on the weekends or evenings, even if the hours are offered.  They have to be when they have to be (according to your cycle, etc.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Hooray clc! I hope you have a happy, happy birthday! Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

GL clc!  Crossing my fingers for you for a very happy birthday!

Boston - glad to hear you're feeling better.  TTC is kind of like a time warp.  Some weeks fly by and others feel like they're never going to end.

How is everyone else doing?  Kar, Tang, Tomarra?  Hope everyone is feeling good and is in good spirits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm fine...waiting patiently for u/s on Wed. morning.  I'm not sure if I'm having the hot flashes due to clomid or I may just be coming with something.  I feel I always get a cold/sinus before or during 2ww...does any else feel this way?

Anyways for those of you in 2ww I wish you all the best! 

clc, Happy early birthday wishes...may all your wishes come true! if AF does show up (I hope she doesn't) I hope it doesn't damper your birthday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks all for the early birthday wishes!

Considering we aren't officially trying I should be fine with either outcome.  We are both reasonably young (DH is 28 and I will be turning 26) and we are about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary so we are trying to take things as the come.  We don't want to feel the TTC pressure just yet.  It would just be a very nice surprise if it worked out!

We've decided to give it the summer and see what happens.  After that we will step it up a little and I will probably begin with the OPK strips. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all for the early birthday wishes! Considering we aren't officially trying I should be fine with either outcome.  We are both reasonably young (DH is 28 and I will be turning 26) and we are about to celebrate our first wedding anniversary so we are trying to take things as the come.  We don't want to feel the TTC pressure just yet.  It would just be a very nice surprise if it worked out! We've decided to give it the summer and see what happens.  After that we will step it up a little and I will probably begin with the OPK strips. 
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

We're doing pretty much the same thing (and you and your DH are the same ages as me and my DH). Happy first anniversary too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Welcome and happy early birthday, clc!

Boston, I'm glad you're feeling so much better. You sound like you're in a positive frame of mind!

Tomarra, you are more patient than I! I went in for my 2nd follicle check yesterday, and still had a bunch of small ones with nothing  mature enough to trigger. For some reason I had kind of a meltdown...convinced myself that clomid isn't working for me, etc etc. I have to go in for my 3rd u/s on Weds morning. And have an appt with my RE tomorrow morning to discuss "next steps." Hope she's ready for the laundry list of questions I'm planning to throw her way!

Novembride, how are you doing? And Kargiver? Sending you positive vibes :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Welcome CLC! Happy early birthday!  you sound like you're keeping everything in perspective, which is definitely a good thing.  Good luck on your 2ww!

Whirled Peas- I can't remember if you said you were in the 2ww or not, but best of luck to you!

Boston- You sound good, so that's definitely a positive thing.  I can totally understand what you mean about feeling more positive during the 2ww than just after AF comes.  Sticky thoughts to you in your 2ww!

Tomarra- I'm sorry AF showed up and that you have had to hear all kinds of gushing at work about expected grandchildren, etc. while you are dealing with your dissappointment.  Happy thoughts to you to get through it without going nuts!

Tang- Good for you for getting your laundry list of questions ready.  If you don't ask them, who will give you answers?  I am a big fan of questions!  Good luck on the u/s tomorrow!

Nov and Kar- how are you ladies doing? 

I know there are many more people in the 2ww and I'm not totally up to date on who's contributing, but luck and positive thoughts to all :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, I hope your next follicle check gives you guys the green light!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm good.  Waiting, as usual.  I'm trying hard not to read too much into every little thing, especially since I think a pg this month would really be a long shot (thanks a lot flu bug!).  For ex. I had some unusual cramping over the weekend that I would love to think was implantation, but was more likely gas.

I really got my hopes up last month, so I am trying to stay a little calmer this month. 

Hope your u/s goes well tomorrow Tang.  "Next steps" sound like you are moving ahead, which is better than just standing still waiting, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Wow, I go on vacation and all of a sudden there are 13 pages!  I read through everything, but I am overwhelmed with all the recent updates :)

AFM, I am in another 2ww.  Maybe March will be a good month after all.  Good luck to everyone else out there waiting!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

There are a lot of updates! I feel like I need to write myself a cheat sheet to keep up with it all. And I can't post from work anymore so I am getting even further behind.

AFM - Got a BFP yesterday. After 2 chemical pg since October it's really hard to get excited. I had blood drawn today and will go in again on Thursday to see if my hcg levels are progressing as they should. Had my first visit with the RE a few weeks ago and walked away with a staggering statistic - at my age (41) the chance of miscarriage is more than 40%. I just can't get that number out of my head.

Good luck to all in the 2ww and with other phases of treatments!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Good luck Jacon!  Hopefully your numbers keep rising at the right rate.  We're rooting for you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats Jancon...may your numbers keep rising!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck Jacon!  Third time's a charm, right?!!  Sending extra sticky vibes your way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Congrats, Jacon!! I'm with Novembride - 3rd time's the charm! Keep us posted.

Jennifyr and Novembride, good luck in the 2ww! It's funny - last month I found it absolutely excruciating...this month I just can't wait to join you all in the 2ww. Had some good news from my u/s this morning - my dominant follicle has grown from 12mm to 17.5mm (oh, the details you obsess over with fertility treatments) - so I'm almost ready, but have to go back tomorrow for a fourth u/s to make sure. I told the receptionist that I need a frequent u/s card, they're seeing so much of me these days.

Tomarra, you had your u/s this morning, right? (or, are having?) Fingers crossed...looking forward to hearing how it goes!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, Jacon! Hope everything works out!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats and best wishes, Jacon!  You're you, not a statistic. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, I'm so glad you had a better outcome this morning.  I had u/s this morning at 7:00am and waiting to here the results.

Kar, I totally agree with you...she not a statistic.  

Good luck everyone!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Good luck, Jacon!  Here's hoping the numbers rise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Jacon!  Hopefully the numbers continue to rise!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats Jacon!!  I hope the numbers keep rising- sticky thoughts your way!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, I finally got my results 5 hours ago and a have a follicles but they are measuring 12 to 13 mm so I have another u/s for friday am.