March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Re: March 2011

tomarra, that's great! Sounds like me this cycle...I had a 12mm on CD13, it grew to 17.5 by CD16, and just got back from my CD17 u/s - it's now 20.5! I've read, and this seems to be true with me, that their growth accelerates as you get closer to O time. Fingers crossed for those 12s and 13s to grow like weeds today!

By the way, it seems funny to me that you had to wait on your results yesterday. My ultrasonographer always tells me the sizes while she does the u/s. Does yours measure them right there on the monitor screen?

I'll trigger tonight, with IUI on Saturday morning. I can't believe I'm excited to inject myself! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, The u/s tech was measuring all kinds of things and reading out loud to another women so she could report them.  It wasn't until I saw your post did I realized I should be paying attention to those numbers.

The thing that I fine weird is that I usually don't OV unil day 18/19 the earliest so why would they start measuring at CD11.  The other thing is that today I have a lot EW CM so maybe I might OV before then.  Isn't TTC such a mystery sometimes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They have a regular protocol - CD 11 must be just "when its done."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

So considering I'm in my first 2WW is there anything that I should be doing or looking for? 

Apparently the suspense is already getting to me and I have another week before AF is due.  Add on that I'm only two months of BC and who knows when she will really show up.

I have started prenatal vitamins (my GYN suggested starting them 3-4 months prior to TTC) and I already take an extra folic acid supplement at the direction of my GYN.  Anything else I should do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Nothing really except wait, conitue to do the things your enjoy and try to relax.  I know it hard but that is really all that you can do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

tomarra, TTC is such a mystery...I feel like I'm learning new things every day, but there's so much I don't understand! Kargiver's right...at least in my RE's practice, it's standard to start with an u/s on CD10 and go from there. And, I'm always really nosy - asking the ultrasound tech "how big are they? how's my lining?" :)

I forget - are you doing a trigger shot? Or monitoring with OPKs?

clc, I don't have much experience with the 2ww, but I know I was flipping out last time! But like tomarra, this time I'll try to keep myself busy and focused on other things. It's waaay too easy to obsess...GL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Tom and Tan, Sounds like you are both got good news. Congrats.

Thanks for all the support, all. My numbers today were more than double those on Tuesday so that is promising. So far so good. We'll see how they are progressing next week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Woo Hoo!  That's awesome Jacon!  I am completely lost with the follicle talk, but good luck to Tomarra and Tangerine too.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Jason that awesome news!

I'm sorry about all the follicle talk but it seems the only thing I can focus on now (our new obession)...crazy huh.  This u/s she did not read out the measurements so I will be waiting for the call.  It's seems that TTC process is about learning to be more patient.

For those in 2ww I hope your hanging in there and that you all get good news!

Have a good day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jacon, great news!!!

All things TTC is what we're here for - no apologies necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Great news Jacon!  And I agree with Kar- no need to apologize.  Even if we may or may not know what a particular discussion is about, it's fair TTC game and I most certainly wish you well too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Great news, Jacon!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Jacon, that's wonderful!! Fingers and toes crossed for those numbers to keep on rising.

And yeah, sorry for all the technical follicle talk :)  For me, just ovulating is cause for celebration...I actually called DH on my way home from my u/s yesterday to say "our little follicle is all grown up!" It's all about incremental progress right now.

tomarra, keep us posted on your u/s results...frustrating that your tech doesn't give you the info right then, but you're so right - TTC most certainly teaches us to be more patient (probably good training for raising kids). As someone who's always felt able to make things happen by trying or working harder...this is a real learning experience!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

What exactly is the follicle and why are we watching it grow?  Tang and Tom, please share...

ETA:  I'm sure TCOYF covers this, but I didn;t read it.  All I need to know about TTC I learn here.  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!  I am by no means as patient as I want to be... but I have gotten less obsessive as the months have gone by.  At first it was sort of "fun" to deny myself things thinking that I might be pg ... but after a while it got old.  The best thing is to live your life as normally as possible.  (easier said than done)

JACON.. congrats on the numbers going up!! that is awesome news.  Crossing fingers that this is a sticky one :o)

How is the follicle watch going? 

AFM... pretty sure I caught the beginning of my LH surge last night (the line on the cheapy OPK was dark, but not quite as dark as the control).  I'll do another OPK test this afternoon to see if it gets darker or lighter (either ramp up or ramp down).  If it peaks today it will be consistent with a 28 day cycle.  We'll be sure to fit in some quality BDing this weekend :o) I love this part of the cycle because it is where I feel like I have the most control.  Last night DH was super cute... he comes through the door and is like "guess what tonight is? ... its baby-making time!".  He seems more excited this month than ever before. 

Best of luck everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hey Nov! I never would've known or cared about follicles if not for this process :)  I'm no RE, but I'll try to explain what I know...so, we take clomid to stimulate our ovaries. In my case, the doc isn't quite sure, but thinks my brain doesn't send strong enough signals to my ovaries, so I don't ovulate regularly. So the clomid bypasses that issue by stimulating the growth of follicles on the ovaries, each of which contain an egg. Each month in a "normal" woman, a follicle grows and matures, and when it's reached the right size, it bursts, releasing the egg into the fallopian tubes. So with a clomid cycle, they like to monitor the growth of these follicles, to make sure they're growing (and the clomid is working), to make sure there aren't too many (hello, octomom!) - and to measure their size so we know when one has "ripened" enough to be ready for ovulation. Some women monitor with OPKs and catch their surge that way, and in my case, the RE has me "trigger" ovulation with an injection of HCG, the hormone that surges and causes the egg to release.

Does that make sense? I'm sure I'm botching some of it, but that's my understanding.

Boston, your DH is so cute! GL with all that bd-ing this weekend. Looks like we'll be in the same 2ww :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Good job Tangerine!

Just got my results and they hardly grew so I have u/s on Monday...lucky me.

Bostongrl and everyone else hope you have a fun filled weekend!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Argh, tomarra, that's so frustrating. I was in exactly the same boat this cycle, and I got so impatient! Did they grow at all? I think my biggest was 11mm on CD10, and 12mm on CD13. But then it started growing much faster, and I bet the same will happen for you. C'mon, follicles!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Excellent description.  Thank You!!  Good luck with your trigger, and to tomarra - grow follies, grow!

Have a great weekend everyone!  GL bding boston - hope this is the weekend for you guys!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Yes, thanks for the description.  Makes more sense now.  I was sort of following before, but all the acronyms and scientific language got me lost for a bit.  I agree, all forms of TTC talk is welcome, and it's good to know what the options are if the "natural" way isn't working. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll just add to that great description is the LH surge (caught by OPKs) is what makes the follicles burst and release the egg.  Hence, it marks the time just before you're supposed to BD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

We are now firmly in the 2ww.  OPK strips declined and my temps are now about a degree higher than pre-O.  We tried our best on the BDing front... so now its time to sit back and wait.  DH is so excited this month... I really hope it is our time finally.  His friends are now starting to announce being pg or that they are TTC (it was only MY friends before that had kids or were pg) ... so I think it finally sunk in that it is the "right" time in life to be on this track.  Went to visit my friend who had her baby last weekend... soooo cute :o) It was so nice to hold a snuggly little baby.  please... pretty please... I want one of my own *puppy dog face*

Good luck everyone!!  I hope all the follicle watching and O triggering is going as planned. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

my test line is never exactly as dark as the control, btw.  "almost" is a positive for me by experience.

GL, boston and all others in the 2ww!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

It looks like I will be heading into 2ww too!  The follicles grew and I was told to start testing with OPK. I actually started testing yesterday because my body was giving me it's usual signals.

I really hope that the next couples weeks this forum will be filled with exciting news.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

great news boston and tomarra.  GL!