March 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: March 2011

Good luck to all the 2ww-ers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

The silence of the 2ww kills me.  Its like you can hear the wind blowing on this board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Are we all on the same cycle?  I just entered it, too.  

A cricket chirps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Everyone is too busy crossing their fingers & toes!  I can wait to come back from vacation and hear all the good news.

I'm slowly making my way 2ww...I finally got an LH surge this morning!

Have a good day everyone!

oh...I all most fogot but those of you are religious you may want to check out St. Gerard Majella and Anahita (Angel).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vaseonthemantle. Show vaseonthemantle's posts

Hi Kar, Its me.. Vase.

Well, I stopped taking my pill after AF in January, so Im back in the boat with you ladies. DS is 14 months, I cant believe it. Just wanted to drop a line and say Hi!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Not in the 2ww but still, you know, waiting to see what happens....

This morning I woke up with some nausea and ridiculously my mind went to, "morning sickness?" Um, no, I haven't even O'd yet. Calm yourself, WPP.

Waiting s u c k s, doesn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tomarra, have fun post-OPK+ !!! ;)

Vase, good to see you - 14 mos, already - hard to believe!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP - I found myself doing the same thing earlier in the month. 

I agree the 2ww is no fun.  AF is due Friday and I'm suppressing the urge to test until after the weekend.  I'm only two months off BC so I'm not sure how long my cycle is yet.  Last month it was exactly 28 days but that could have been a fluke. I do have one test in the house which is making this so much harder.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Good luck 2ww-ers!  Hopefully you find a way to distract yourselves enough to get through.  Perhaps after work dates with the gym or friends would be helpful?  Positive thoughts to you all!

AFM, I am still not totally comfortable with fully migrating to the pg boards, so I've just been sitting around lurking everywhere.  Crossing my fingers that all is going as it should be from what I saw on the u/s last week and this very "un-fun" nausea and sickness I am experiencing.  I'm trying not to be too anxious about anything and just letting things go along as they will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Looks like I'm out of cycle with you girls.  AF showed over the weekend, but it didn't seem the same (I'm probably imagining it).  I have a test in the house and am tempted to check just to be sure, but I have no other symptoms, so that keeps me grounded that it was just a weird period.  However, should I find myself near a dollar store, I may have to pick a few cheapy tests to keep around for sanity checks such as these.

So, moving on to next month, it could turn out that the end of the 2ww goes right into the start of my vacation.  I can't decide which would be worse - to get AF on vacation or to not get AF on vaca with my Mom and not tell her and not test and not be with DH.  Thoughts on airport scanners in the 2ww?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hey Nov - here's an article that might be helpful:

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-walk-through-airport-screening-machines-while_2616.bc

I'm pretty sure you should be just fine!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thx clc.  I figured it must be OK since I remember traveling with my SIL when she was pg with no problem. Good news is I recounted and if I have another 30d cycle like the last two, and don't get PG b4, AF will have come and gone before vaca!  woo hoo!! 

For any TTC grads who may be lurking and did the "every other day" approach, whta day do you start on?  I was thinking around 8 and straight through?  DH has yet to find out I am considering this, but I forsee no objection.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You should be fine w/ an airport  scanner. I travel frequently for work and have never worried about it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Depending on the length of the flight, you will get more radiation riding on the plane than walking through a traditional scanner (in all cases, not very much!) - I'm not sure about the new whole body "naked" scanners, it seems that there has been some debate on how much radiation they actually emit, and if all the machines are properly calibrated to use the lowest possible dose. (but I get that from the interwebs- so take that for the little that it is worth)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Nov - We would start BDing around day 10 just in case.  My cycles tended to be longer than 28 days, but I still wanted to cover the bases.  We didn't always stick to every other day, but we tried.

I also agree that going through an airport scanner is probably not a big deal.  Also, you can probably opt out of going through anyway.  I'm sure they are used to dealing with pregnant women.  They don't need to know that you only suspect there's a posibility!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

In Response to Re: March 2011:
    [QUOTE]Depending on the length of the flight, you will get more radiation riding on the plane than walking through a traditional scanner (in all cases, not very much!) - I'm not sure about the new whole body "naked" scanners, it seems that there has been some debate on how much radiation they actually emit, and if all the machines are properly calibrated to use the lowest possible dose. (but I get that from the interwebs- so take that for the little that it is worth)
    Posted by amy-lynn[/QUOTE]

Truth. True about the new backscatter machines, too.

If you're comfortable getting extra radiation from the flight, the security machines are a drop in the bucket. That's if you even go through them. I've flown through Logan many times since the new machines arrived and haven't yet had the pleasure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I just flew to CA in my 2ww.  At Logan, I was in the traditional scanner line.  In SF, I was in the line for the traditional scanner, but they waived me over to the new backscatter machine.  I've read conflicting reports, and while they are probably fine, I'd rather be overly cautious.  So, I just clutched my tummy and made a motion like I was pg and he let me go through the traditional machine.  I hope it turns out to be true that I actually am PG!  If not, no harm no foul. 

However, I am on CD 29 and get into the standard panic every time I go to the bathroom, expecting to see AF rear her ugly head.  Usually I am right on time with late day 27 or early day 28, so I am hopeful, but still realistic that it might not happen this month.  DH called me at work today to see if there was any "news".  At this point, no news is good news!!!  I want to wait to test until tomorrow night or Friday. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Jenn... crossing my fingers for you :)  .. you could help this board end the month on a high note and maybe kick of a rash of BFPs :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Jen, ooh sounds promising. GL to you and everyone else in the 2ww.

November, we also did the every other day starting on day 10. One month we did it 5 times in 6 or 7 days (b/c we got the positive on the OPK so we switched to every day for a few days) and man were we exhausted by the 5th time!

AFM - after 5 days on vacation I went in for another blood draw today and my numbers skyrocketed. Now I'll go in for an u/s on Friday. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Jacon, so happy to hear your numbers skyrocked...it must be nice to finally see you little bean.

Jen, I hope you get good news!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jacon, great news on the numbers!  Good luck with the ultrasound. 

Good luck to everyone in the 2 week wait!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Jacon - Woo Hoo!  That's awesome. 

Still no AF for me!  I think I might test tonight.  It could be all in my head, but I think my breasts are a little sore.  Here's hoping this is no April fool's joke!  See everyone in the April thread. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JACON, great news!

Jenn,  GL!!!