March TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: March TTC

Went to the doctors yesterday and still on bed rest for the rest of the week.  It seems things have stabilized and can only get better from here.  We found out yesterday that we were granted a miracle.  We go back on Wednesday for more blood work.  It's crazy after all this time I still can believe that we're pg and I can only hope that it sticks.  I'm already dealing with ms and it's been alots of fun.

WPP, good luck with the interview.  I hope you get to talk to the RE soon and resolve the issue with AF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, tomarra!!  Hoping it sticks.  Do you know how many?  Hope you're feeling better soon.  There are a couple of threads on what to do for ms that are fairly recent you might want to browse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Tomarra I am sending sticky baby thoughts your way!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Tom - Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! 

WPP - I don't think there's any chance that they tell you to take a walk. That's always my biggest fear going to the doctor's too, but I would have a hard time believing that any doctor is going to just shrug their shoulders and discharge you. They might need some time to really diagnose you, but the fact that they saw something I think pretty much guarantees you follow up tests. At least you're on the road to an answer! Good luck with your interview and giving your notice!

AFM, I think I'm in the 2ww too, if that's even possible. I'm temping this month and I think I saw two temperature spikes, so I clearly screwed something up. Given my hormone levels, I'm not really putting much stock into it. 6 days until my RE appointment when we can hopefully figure out what's going on! DH and I both took the day off from work, so I'm thinking there's an all-day-date in our future that day (or maybe painting the bathroom, *sigh).

How's everyone else doing? Hibernian, MissWolff, JLeigh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chicklet, I found that temping was all over the map for me so I quit bothering with it eventually.  I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Tomarra---great news! congrats and best wishes!!!

Chiclet- Thanks for checking in...I've been busy and not posting too much.  Got AF on Monday. So here we go for round 8. Checked with dr's the other month and no one seems concerned. I guess at a minimum we might get DH checked out since it's not invasive and easy.  Everything seems to be working ok for me, so I just have to be patient....

WPP- Glad to hear you are getting somewhere, albeit slowly. And GL with the jobs!  It must be hard to leave somewhere you like!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Tomarra... YAY!  Great news... thanks for posting.  Was wondering when you'd get results.  Hope the bed rest goes smooth and you are back on your feet soon. 

Kar, don't stress too much about Downs.  Completely out of your control, and even a 1 in a 100 chance is still a very small, small possibility. (not sure those are numbers for a 40 year old... but just using it as an example).  

Good luck everyone.  AF is today or tomorrow for me as temp is going down.  Since I'm doubting we'll get PG on our own, only reason I'm temping around AF now is so I can be proactive with migraine medicine.  I don't have perscription level stuff, so if I take Excedrin Migraine ahead of it, I usually catch it in time and the OTC meds work just fine (they just don't work after the migraine has already started for me).  Still unsure if I'm going to have DH go back to do SA again, as the RE requested, as now I'm thinking we won't do IVF.  I'm just not sure.  I'm kinda at peace with letting fate decide if we are a 3 person family or more.  I have my little blessing and I just don't want to be greedy when so many other people need medical help to start their families.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

CONGRATS, tomarra!!! So happy for you, and sending lots of sticky thoughts your way!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks IPW, yes, it is 1 in 100.  At 20 a woman's chances of delivering a child with Down's is 0.07%.  My chances are 13 times higher than that.  Yes, 1% still isn't that high, but I don't want to be that 1...someone my age is for every 100 births.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

In Response to Re: March TTC:
    [QUOTE]Chicklet, I found that temping was all over the map for me so I quit bothering with it eventually.  I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Doing anything while I'm half asleep leaves a huge margin of error!

MissWolff, sorry to hear about AF. What a bummer!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Chiclet- Just a comment on temping...not sure if your temp spikes you were referring to were isolated spikes?  I know with temping you are looking for an overall pattern, so any oddball isolated temps should be disregarded.

Or did you mean there is a pattern of up/down 2x? If that is the case, well I have no clue! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I don't know how to interpret the pattern. On Day 11, I had a pretty significant drop (.8 degrees) and then a few days of increases until my highest temperature to date on Day 14 (+1.5 degrees over the drop on Day 11). So I assumed that was it. But then on Day 17, I had another .4 degree drop and then another 1 degree increase two days later. I have no idea what my cycle length will be after last month's 60 day cycle, so I don't know which one to believe. I have my fingers crossed that we timed it well enough to capture both days so it won't matter. I just don't know when to expect AF. I don't know if the RE will want to do a blood test when I see him on the 26th. That will be anywhere from 2-7 days early, but maybe that will be okay for a blood test? I know the office policy is to not do POAS tests, nor do they recommend them to their patients. No one would be more shocked than me if we got pg this cycle, but it's fun to think about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Gotcha...yeah, that sounds tricky!  Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a BFP from one of those dips.   Sorry, I can't recall...did you just start temping?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I probably had my mouth open or something. I'm practically still asleep when I'm doing it, so I'm positive that there have been some screwups along the way. This is my first month temping. I was doing the OPKs last month but it drove me nuts. I much prefer not having to pee on anything. Between the RE and applying for life insurance, I think someone has wanted my blood or pee once a week for the last month! Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Chiclet - not to get your hopes up or anything, but is it possible that CD17 could be an implantation dip? Are you tracking your temps on paper or a website like Fertility Friend? If it's on a website, did they show ovulation yet?

Congrats, tomarra! Sending you sticky thoughts!!

SS - sorry about the wacky cycle. My BFP cycle was the shortest I've ever had in my entire life. I o'd on CD 8 or so and a normal cycle for me was at least 30 days.  Maybe you can start trying immediately after AF just to make sure you're not missing ovulation?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congratulations, tomarra.  Sending you lots of sticky thoughts.  Hopefully your bed rest ends soon but for now enjoy the time off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Chiclet- Gotcha...I found that over time my temps started to make more sense...in the beginning it was more random and confusing.  Hopefully that will be the case for you as well...I agree that an implantation dip is a possibility.  I keep track of all my temps on tcoyf.com as it helps to determine O.  GL!! :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks Cici and MissWolff. I have been tracking it using Women's Log on my phone. I don't know if that's the best app, but it's free... We'll see what happens. Hopefully I'm covered either way...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Congrats tomarra!  Sending sticky thoughts your way!  So excited for you!

Chiclet (or whoever else is charting)--I really like the fertilityfriend phone app and website for charting.  It is free also.  (There is no reason to pay for the upgraded "VIP" service--all the basic functions including estimating your O date and making lots of pretty charts are there in the basic version.)  Their website has a lot of info on interpreting charts, thousands of example charts shared from women on the site, and they do a lot of data crunching which is sort of interesting to read about. Even if you don't want to switch platforms, it might be helpful to poke around their chart gallery a little bit to see examples.  You can filter the results to find people with cycles similar to yours (e.g. long cycles or what have you).

Also, I found that the first cycle of charting was kind of confusing, but by the second cycle, it was easier to see the patterns.  So hopefully things will become clearer over time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tomarra, that's so awesome that it's really happening for you! :) Ultimate stickiness!

Chiclet, good luck in the 2ww...and I think MissWolff said she's there too? Good luck!

It's so hard to temp at the same time every day, isn't it? I'm a super light sleeper and go in and out (especially when my dogs step on my face). Chiclet, do you do it at the same time every morning? Maybe that contributes to the wackiness?

Sooo my interview today was great and I'm super interested in the place. A lot of competition, though. I think it would be awesome and I'm sooo excited about it! I'm going back next week and I can't wait. I got an offer from the first place, which I'm kind of meh about. I'm starting to feel like the architect of my own universe, which is hugely powerful and exciting. :) 

I was dealing with annoying healthcare systems today and didn't actually get to contact my doc, so I have to call tomorrow. I hate talking on the phone, especially for stuff like this! I haven't heard anything since that confusing message though, so I just have to do it. Rah. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

WPP - I'm so happy that your interview went well. I hope it comes through for you!

It is really hard taking my temperature every morning. I have taken it at 6:10 every morning, which explains why I'm half asleep. I had been sick the first part of the month and I'm sure that all the coughing didn't help the temperature fluctuations, but it was pretty much under control when ovulation day hit (whichever one that was). I hadn't even taken implantation dip into consideration. Oof...

Siena, I took your advice and set up a calendar on Fertility Friend. It says "Ovulation Day Not Detected" so that wasn't super helpful yet, but we'll see. The ultrasound tech thought that I would this month, but who knows...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Sorry Chiclet.  One thing I did notice about the FF software is that it seems to like cervical fluid data.  I got dashed lines in my last cycle indicating FF's uncertain guess about when ovulation occurred and it said it was because my CM data didn't confirm the date.  (I had not bothered recording that on most days. I found it confusing, and not that precise of an indicator.) I tend to have a step-function rise over a few days, so it's not really possible to say which precise day ovulation occurs, but it is easy to see a 2-3 day window in which my positive OPKs line up with the beginning of this slow rise. FF never told me that it couldn't detect the date at all though... Sorry that temping has turned out to be a frustrating endeavor too.  :-/ Hope you get your BFP soon, so you can stop worrying about this.

WPP--congrats on the interviews!  Hope you find a fabulous new job soon. And I hope you get some more detailed and helpful info from your doc tomorrow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

ALF - Thanks for the info on Tricare. I have Tricare Prime. I'm actually in CA (started reading these boards back when I lived in Boston), in a primarily Navy area, so I feel like I'm stuck with the Navy hospital. Maybe not, though - I'll have to do some investigating.

Chiclet, thanks for checking in. I went in to have blood taken last Monday and I still haven't heard anything about my results. My ultrasound (eek!) is next Friday, and then my doctor's appt with my OB/GYN is the following week. Hopefully I will get some answers by then (and some Provera). Meanwhile, I STILL haven't seen AF in 2012. Fun times.

WPP - good luck with the second interview! I hope you get the job you're hoping for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Why the "eek," jleighla?  u/s is not uncomfortable, you know...  Anyway, GL, and good to see you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Jleighla, don't worry about the u/s. Like Kar said, it's not bad. The tech had me insert the wand on my own and then took over when it was where it needed to be. It's pretty quick, too. A little pressure, but no pain. The worst part is that you have to have a full bladder. Good luck with navigating your health insurance and I hope AF makes an appearance so you can get this show on the road!

Sections
Shortcuts