March TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Re: March TTC

JLeigh, the ultrasound is a piece of cake. It's a little awkward, but it's quick and painless. I needed an empty bladder for mine. You might want to call first to make sure. It wouldn't hurt to go with a full bladder and then empty it if they instruct you too, but why go through that discomfort if you don't need to... I'm glad that you're on your way to getting some answers! Keep us posted! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks for thinking of me WPP, but unfortunately AF came on Monday.  April showers bring May babies??  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yes, MissWolff, that's exactly what April showers will bring! :)

Still trying to get info from my doc. I really like my doctor and everyone else there, but as a dependent I can't access the patient email system that my husband, as an employee, can access. He can email back and forth with his doctors but that's not an option for me. If my health insurance were the Titanic, I'd be in steerage. :(

Maybe they'll call me back tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How frustrating!  I can log in to our health insurance account even though I'm not the primary carrier...that's really strange and deplorable, actually, that you can't. Can you ask DH to ask them to explain your results, though?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Thanks for the reassurance about the ultrasound, everyone. I'm generally kind of nervous/squeamish about medical stuff, but since it sounds like the ultrasound will be quick, that makes me less nervous. They told me to come with a full bladder. I'll keep you posted!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's just a smooth wand; of all the medical procedures out there, fear this the least. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I heard from my doctor today! She found cysts on my ovaries but doesn't think that I have PCOS because my insulin levels are good, I'm a very small person, and I don't have the hirsutism or other factors. She thinks I have post-pill amenorhhea, which she says is fairly normal and may last another two months. She doesn't want to try Provera yet because she thinks my body should regulate naturally, but if it doesn't then we'll talk about it. 

I appreciate that she doesn't automatically reach for the meds, but waiting is annoying. :( I feel better that I at least understand what's going on, even if I didn't necessarily get the answer I want. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

WPP - What a relief! I'm sorry you're stuck waiting but at least you've got something to work with. Did she give you a date to call her back by?

AFM - I started charting on TCOYF per MissWolff's recommendation. I noticed today that they gave me a cover line and the little sheep icon on Sunday after the second spike, so we'll go with that. I've been having these sharp cramps all day. Hopefully I just tweaked something in yoga last night and it's not AF showing up early. If I only ovulated 4-5 days ago, I'm sure it's not anything pregnancy related.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, great news about the non-PCOS diagnosis and for a doctor you trust.  Waiting does stink, though.  

Chicklet, good luck with the new app.  Hope you get a BFP out of it really soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

In Response to Re: March TTC:
    [QUOTE]Chicklet, good luck with the new app.  Hope you get a BFP out of it really soon.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

If only so I can stop complaining about the uncertainty of it all, right? :-)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

We always worry about uncertainty of it all but you have to force yourself to stay positive.  Which is easier said than done.

WPP, Chiclet and jleighia, I wish you all that best of luck with the RE.  Do not be afraid to speak for mind and ask lots of questions.  Make decisions that make most sense to you and DH.  Follow your gut and trust your instincts. I hope your visits with the RE are short lived.

AFM, still moving along well.  Waiting to hear when I will have my 1st us to determine if I' carrying a singleton or multiples.

Thinking of all of you ladies and wishing you the best of luck!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

WPP- I'm glad that you got some clarity on your situation. I think the worst thing is 'not knowing'.

Chiclet-  Glad it worked out for you. I've found it really helpful and much more accurate than my Andriod app.

tomarra-  Those are great words of wisdom. Always listen to your body.

Hope everyone has a great weekend even though it's not going to be as beautiful as this week was!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Good luck Tomarra! Wishing you stickiness.

Thanks to everyone else who has shared their journey here. I know it must be hard, but I appreciate you putting that info out there for all of us.

I had a major disappointment this month. AF was 5 days late. That hasn't happened to me since I was like 15. I was pretty sure I wasn't pg, but after a few days, it started to mess with my head and I though maybe....

So, that also means other things didn't happen when I thought they did. Now I am wondering what the heck is going to happen next month. Ugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hib, sorry you got your hopes up only to get AF late. :(  Been there.  The older you get the less regular you might be - that's what's been happening to me for a decade (I'm 40).  It started with a couple of days longer or shorter and pretty randomly.  Gradually it got to where it is now with a cycle ranging from ~26 to 40 days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Sorry Hibernian. ((hugs))  That is frustrating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Really sorry Hibernian... when AF is late it really, really is a cruel trick on your mind.  And I'm learning that it is next to impossible to really know for sure what is going on inside our bodies.  This last cycle, I had what I was 100% sure was O on day 11.  Temp went up a whole point (and stayed up) and O pains and all.  So when I was "late" 14, 15 then 16 days after O... I got excited.  Alas... she did show her head on what I thought was 17 days after O... so clearly I was off.  This is no consulation to your furstration, just a story showing you are in this together with others equally as confused about our bodies!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Sorry, Hib. That's the worst when it messes with your head like that. Tomarra, thanks for that great advice. I need to remember it as we continue this journey. Family gatherings for Easter, anyone? There are always questions at those....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hi gals - just posted on the PG boards; i'm out.  very light spotting (almost like pale taupe CM), day 3, called nurse, US, no more heartbeat - D&E tomorrow or thursday.  i'm OK with it... going to take some time to regroup.  i'm sure it's helping that i know how fortunate i am with a DS and DD already.  GL to all of you.  fingers crossed!   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Sorry about the false alarm this month, Hib. Been there, and it totally sucks!

AFM, RE appointment was yesterday. The good news is that DH has, as the doctor put it, Superman sperm. Literally exceptional in everything they test for. Unfortunately, all that awesome sperm is wasted on me because I don't ovulate. The doctor said I have PCO (not PCOS). 

Here's the worst part of it all... The best treatment to start with is FSH injections and a progesterone suppository BUT our insurance doesn't cover it. Apparently, it's the law in MA to cover fertility treatments but not in NH, where DH's employer is located. We just switched this year to his insurance because it's cheaper. But you get what you pay for, clearly. So I'm doing Clomid for at most 3 cycles, which the doctor doesn't think will work but it's cheap and then we have to wait until January when I can get back on my employer's insurance and the right treatment will be covered. He recommended that DH speak to his company's HR department, but I highly doubt that will accomplish anything. He works for a small company that prides itself on how it takes care of employees, but I just don't see them changing their policies for us. So we're basically stuck for almost a year without much hope. (Then I started freaking out about preexisting conditions, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.)

WPP - I literally sobbed last night thinking about dodging all the family questions on Easter. DH's family has NO boundaries and I can completely see myself snapping. Maybe with enough wine, I won't care. (That's usually how I make it through family functions.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Stef - just saw your post. I'm so sorry for your loss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So sorry, Stef, for your loss.  Loving and appreciating the blessing of your 2 children is totally separate from the sadness and crushing disappointment for having lost this one.  Hugs and prayers to you and DH as you recover.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Stef, I am so sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

Siena, you probably will not read this post but I also thinking of you guys.  I hope it was just to early of us and everything works out well.

I just can bear to post in the pregnancy board just yet.  With these losses and it's making me nervous about my us next week.  But I need to follow my own advise and force myself to stay positive.

Chiclet, sorry about the diagnosis but one never knows, miracles happen everyday.  Hopefully things will get squared a way and you get some help covering the treatment.  If you goggle online there are some grants that you may apply for.  Good luck.

I also wanted to pass some information to those of you who's insurance will help pay for the treatments. When I called by insurance for information as to what was cover  and how much they were very vague.  Half way through my treatments I learned that each doctor's visit took money out of the bank.  You may want to ask them about this, so that you plan accordingly.  Plus, I would have to call the several times to find out how much money we still have left and sometimes they were off.  So, just we aware.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Stef, very sorry. I echo what Kar said very eloquently.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Thanks, tomarra.  We should have more info tomorrow once i get repeat hCG draws, although even then it may not be conclusive. My dh is holding out hope, but to me it feels like a foregone conclusion. I would be thrilled to be wrong though, obviously. Anyway, i am sorry to have raised your anxiety. You have good reason to be optimistic, so try to stay focused on that, and I'm sending you lots of postiive vibes for your upcoming u/s.  

stef--i'm so sorry for your loss.  I am really sorry that you have to go through this.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

stefani -- I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Chiclet -- I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis/insurance issues. Is PCO something different than PCOS? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Clomid does work for you. Are FSH shots and the progesterone suppository very expensive to pay for out-of-pocket?