March TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: March TTC

Congrats, Siena!  Sending you lots of sticky thoughts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Yay Siena! Congrats!

Tomarra- Glad it went well!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best wishes to both of you!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats Siena! 

Tomarra - 17 eggs is awesome!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

just got some shitty news that out 17 eggs, 14 were matured but only 4 fertilized.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: March TTC:
    I  just got some shitty news that out 17 eggs, 14 were matured but only 4 fertilized.
    Posted by tomarra

I'm sorry, Tomarra.  Forgive me for being uninformed but what would have been a good number to be fertilized? Was there a goal?  Also, will they still go forward with the implantation?  Again sorry for the bad news.

Also, totally shocked that you can say shitty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Tom, I'm sorry for your bad news. Four fertilized eggs doesn't sound all that awful to me. You only need one to stick, right? 

Try to stay positive about the four that are still growing! Easier said than done, I know. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tomarra, I'm sorry you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for but hope you beat the odds.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Tomarra, sorry about the new numbers.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for those four. 

Thanks for the kind wishes, ladies.  I really appreciate them.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, Siena! Sorry for the low numbers, Tomarra. Hopefully those four will be all you need! Going to the RE on Thursday. My work seems annoyed that I've been having doctors' visits, and I'm annoyed that they're annoyed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That stinks, WPP.  I hope nothing comes of it at work.  GL Thursday!  I hope they do something right away to kickstart your system.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

My goodness... I've been logged out for 4 days on all my devices and was not able to log back in or re-register.  Finally this morning it took my info. 

Siena... a HUGE congrats!!  Wishing you a very sticky 9 more months.

Chicklet... how was your 3day tests this past weekend?  Was thinking of you.

Tomarra - here's to hoping that at least 2 look great for implantation (sorry...probably not the right word).  When might that be?  Fingers crossed.

AFM - had my HSG yesterday.  Not as painful as before.  A slightly different procedure now in that the OB does it in their office (not the radiologist), and with an ultrasound not an xray.  Saw some cool stuff and tubes look good.  It was CD10, and I had one 17mm follicle in left ovary... so he thought I will O in 2-3 days (I guess they say that usually happens around 20-22mm??).  This morning my temp went way up... so maybe I am Oing now (or did last night?).  DH is doing his SA today at noon (so we weren't able to BD last night because he's supposed to go without for 48 hours before), but I'll still be BD tonight and maybe tomorrow just in case.  But, I'm counting this month out just to be realistic.  That, and of course my 78 year old eggs :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Siena - CONGRATS! I'll be crossing my fingers & toes for a sticky baby :)

Tomarra - sorry about the low numbers. I'm hoping that one of those 4 will be your sticky baby. When do you find out which one(s) they will try to transfer?

IPW - good luck with your DH's SA. Hope you didn't miss the window and this will be your lucky month too.

Hope March brings lots of BFP's to this board. Good luck to all you ladies!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

WPP, good luck with your appointment on Thursday. Sorry your coworkers are being annoying. As if you need one more thing do deal with!

IPW - Good luck the next couple of days. It stinks that the SA was kind of in the way for perfect timing. 

Thanks for thinking of me. My bloodwork was okay. I called to get the results but they would only tell me that my FSH was 4.0 and my estradiol was 24. I imagine they didn't give me my LH or Progesterone because they don't want me diagnosing myself. The nurse did say that she didn't see anything that looked alarming, but that the doctor would go over it with me at my followup appointment, whenever that is. My HSG is Thursday and then the ultrasound on Saturday. Funny story though, DH came with me to get my bloodwork and ran into a former coworker in the waiting room. Awkward!

I did get the DNA tests back and we're safe there. DH isn't a carrier for anything that was tested. I'm a carrier for one thing that I guess is fairly common to be a carrier for, but where DH isn't, our children should be fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Lots of good news here so far...

congrats, Siena, on the BFP!  Now to get through the next few weeks without too much anxiety, which I know is hard. 

And Tomarra, focus on the positive, 4 fertilized eggs!  Fingers crossed that you'll get on to implant and you'll be the next BFP. 

IPW, I'm glad the test wasn't as bad as last time...and sending happy baby thoughts your way this week. 

Chiclet, sounds like things are moving forward for you too! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, I'm sorry about the disappointing news. How many embryos are you going to have transferred? I'm guessing no more than 2, so would they freeze the other two? All my fingers are crossed for you.

IPW, glad the HSG wasn't as bad this time, and your ultrasound sounds like good news! When I was getting monthly ultrasounds, once I had a follicle at 18mm or larger, they'd have me "trigger" that night (inject myself with HCG to cause the follicle to mature a little more and then release the egg). From the point of triggering, it was supposed to take another ~24 hours to ovulate. So if you had a 17mm follicle, your RE's estimate of 2-3 days 'til ovulation sounds on target, and I bet you've got a good shot at catching your window. GL with DH's SA! (boy, how many acronyms can I cram into one paragraph?)

Chiclet, sorry they wouldn't give you more info over the phone. My practice has an online medical chart system that patients can access, so when I got those first results, I totally took to Google and started trying to diagnose myself. Which was kind of pointless in hindsight, though I couldn't help myself at the time ;) Hang in there, and GL with the HSG and ultrasound this week.

WPP, GL on Thursday!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

tomarra - is 4 fertilized eggs "bad?"  seems like a good number?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

To the uneducated 4 fertilized eggs sounds good to me, so I'm interested to know?

IPW - not be be negative, but if your temperature already spiked I think that means you missed the window.  At least what I've read lead me to believe that the temp rise happens after you are done ovulating.  Is this wrong to assume?  Now I'm worried I've been doing this whole TTC thing wrong the whole time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Thank you all for your concerns and well wishes.  We were excepted higher number of fertilized eggs and we're in a bit of a shock yesterday's news. Today, we have feeling better with the results and grateful we have 4.  Our fear yesterday was the odds of all them surviving the next 24 hours.  The RE calm our fears by telling us it would be rare if all them did not survive by the transfer day. We are planning to only transfer 1 and would consider transferring two if the grading of the embryos is low.  We are heading in tomorrow for our transfer and will let you know how it all works out.

Chiclet, Your results sound pretty good to me.  Hopefully when you met with the RE he/she will go into more details with you.  Good luck with your upcoming tests.

WPP, Your work shouldn't give you a hard time with you taking time off to go to the doctors or whatever.  Just keep on continuing to doing your job and trying to not let them brother you.  One thing I learned through this process is that YOU and your family come first.  Work is not going to be there for you when your going through your toughest times.  It will be your family who will be.  

IPW, I glad to hear your HSG went well.  You still might have a chance if you BD-ed before, after the HSG and his test.  And if does not matter if you have eggs of 23 or 63 year old if it's meant to be, it will happen.

SSBride, Your not wrong to assume.  I totally agree with you and your not doing anything wrong...it just takes time.

Good luck everyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

In Response to Re: March TTC:
    At least what I've read lead me to believe that the temp rise happens after you are done ovulating.  Is this wrong to assume? 
    Posted by SSBride09

SSBride--I just wanted to add some more detail to this reply.  You are totally right that typically a temp rise means you are done ovulating.  However, there are a few papers that show that a BBT rise might not correspond exactly to the day of ovulation--rather it is typically an accurate indicator that ovulation occurred within a window of a few days.  So it might help to get coverage for the first day of a high temperature, and perhaps the day after, if you want to maximize within the window.  (This is especially true if you are not using LH tests, which it seems are a more precise indicator of the timing of ovulation.)

These three papers specifically evaluate the accuracy of BBT charts.  I like the first one the best because it uses ultrasound imaging to validate the data rather than just comparing BBT charts to LH assay information.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7308516

From the abstract of the first one:
     Urinary LH level determination yielded a 100% correlation with the simultaneous ultrasonographic diagnosis of ovulation. Mucus sensations and characteristics yielded a 48.3% correlation when simultaneously evaluated with ovulation. β-Glucuronidase levels yielded a 27.7% correlation. The salivary ferning test had a 36.8% ovulation-detection rate the day of ovulation, but 58.7% of results were uninterpretable. Body temperature measurements yielded a 30.4% correlation with the simultaneous ultrasonographic diagnosis of ovulation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Tom - Thinking about you today. Good luck with the transfer!

Starting to freak out a little about the HSG. The doctor (or the pharmacy, honestly I'm not sure) screwed up calling in the antibiotic that I was supposed to start today. Hopefully I can get it at lunch so I won't be too late starting it. I got all the way to the pharmacy yesterday and it wasn't there. I nearly burst into tears right there at the counter. So frustrating!!! 

For those that have had the HSG before, do I need a full bladder or anything?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Tomarra - I soooo hope that everything went well today.  It is completely anxiety-provoking going in to find out what your little embryos have done in the past 3 days.  I hope that everything went well!   I think your strategy of one if excellent quality and more if not is a good one!
    Good luck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Siena - thanks for the info and articles.  Very interesting. 

Chiclet - good luck on the HSG test and hope it gets less stressful from here.  Sorry I dont have any advice on it, but know some of the other ladies will be able to chime in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

SSBride - you are correct... and high temp does usually indicate O already happened. (although Siena's research is really interesting!)  My temps are somewhat odd in that for the first 10 or so days... I'm in the low 97s.  Then I get this 97.8 or 97.9 on one day (in my case yesterday), and the next day I go 98.5 or higher.  So, without knowing anything scientific... I assume that 97.8 day is the day I O.  Also, had some pretty good cramps yesterday mid-day.  Again, very unscientific for me.  This morning was 98.7... so without a doubt now, I have O'd.  

Tomarra... good luck today!!  Thinking of you.

Chicket... they will ask you to empty your bladder before.  Do you know if you are having the HSG or the new FemVue?  The latter is done in the OB office by the OB.  And as for the antibiotics... you should take two the night before and two the morning off (so you are not late at all!!).  BUT... I totally spaced and forgot the two the night before, and the doc was like "no biggie."  Of course he could have been just saying that so I wouldn't feel as bad as I did.

So, I am surprisingly at peace right now.  Had a really amazing appt with the RE again this morning.  She is just fantastic.  Turns out... it's me and DH.  For apparently very healthy 37 and 40 year olds... we are both not so great in the baby making apparatus.  But, she is not at all phased.  She said she wants to test DH one more time as his sample yesterday could have been a fluke.  But, very likely IF we want to move forward, she'd suggest IVF for us.  She said because we are still young, she has no doubts about moving forward to that procedure (she's not guarenteing success... just that we're candidates).  So now we need to just wait a bit.  She doesn't want to re-test DH before a month..so we'll see her again mid-April.  I'm totally cool with this.  And now that I am pretty certain our DS was a pure blessing... I am totally at peace with our 3 person family (and actually quite grateful).  We haven't sat down and chatted yet about how far we want to go.  So perhaps we'll move forward, perhaps not.  But all in all... I just feel so fortunate to know we do have options and are in the hands of such a wonderful, caring doctor.  If anyone wants a referral up on the North Shore.. please let me know.  I'm actually going to send her a note.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks for the warning. I'm having the HSG in the radiology department at the hospital. I wish I was having the one you were, sounds like it has more instant gratification.

I'm sorry you got crummy news at the RE's office, but I'm glad you're feeling peace with what's happening. I feel like having some knowledge grants so much relief, even if it's not the answer you're looking for. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sections
Shortcuts