March TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March TTC

Chicklet, I don't know about the numbers, but take a look at this and see if it answers your questions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fuzzymiss9. Show Fuzzymiss9's posts

Hello ladies, been merrily testing away (thank you so much Kar for the suggestion of those 50 pack tests!) and the line has been popping up faster and darker as time progresses.  And I found out what was making me have acid reflux...my daily coffee, so I've swtiched to tea...sadly, feeling so much better, it's still there but I don't feel it as bad.  The weirdness of my dreams continues however...
    Fingers crossed for everyone, almost believing that this is happening for real.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Fuzzy - you're cracking me up! It IS happening for real! You're pregnant! 

Kar - thanks for the link. I found that one too, but it doesn't look like they have Day 10 test levels, only Day 3. My appointment with the doctor isn't for two more weeks! (Stupid vacations...) It probably doesn't matter because I'll be in the looney bin after waiting that long for my results! :-)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats, Fuzzy! I also could not believe it when I got my first BFP and tested every single day with the 50 pack tests. It was so addicting seeing the line darken and show up immediately. Then sometime around 6 or 7 weeks the line started fading and I freaked out needlessly. I think your hcg can get so high that these particular tests start to read them differently. I'm not sure how far along you are but I just wanted to provide some warning about my experience. Good luck and lots of sticky thoughts!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Fuzzy, Sounds like you’re having fun with the pee sticks.  Here’s hoping the PG keeps sticky.

Chilet, It’s tough to wait around for the doctor for your test results but It will be over soon.  Just keep working on a list of question for the RE.

AFM, the first day back at work was hard.  Since the transfer I have been having period kind cramps but on Friday night things got a lot worse.  I was woken up at night with these sharp pains that lasted anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.  At 5:30AM we decided to call the on call doctor.  They had us come into MGH (Boston) for an ultra sound and blood work.  The ultrasound revealed that I have a mild case of OHSS.  Basically my ovaries are enlarged (the right one is double it's size) and filling up fluid which is causing the pain.  It usually goes away in a week or two.  I have to just drink allots of gatorade and eat salty foods. It's way too soon to tell if I'm pregnant or not.  They did tell me that if I am pregnant, it could cause the symptoms of OHSS to last longer.  So, in a nut shell I'm feeling really lousy and I only have myself to blame. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tomarra, that sounds terrible, I'm so sorry!  You might want to confirm the "eat salty foods" recommendation.  That sounds completely backwards to me if you are trying to flush excess fluid from a body part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kar, I thought the same thing but the doctor expalined that the salty food part helps drain the excess fuild in the abdominal cavity back to the blood vessels.   Oh, the intersting things we learn during the TTC journey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, as long as you know for sure.  Not to make light of your situation, but I'd love to have to eat salty food.  Go get some Doritos under doc's orders and enjoy the best you can. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Oh Tom! That stinks. I wouldn't say you have yourself to blame. These things just happen. I've heard the same thing about the salty foods. Something about creating dehydration so that your body will reabsorb the excess fluids from your ovaries. As if you need an excuse to eat french fries - I know I don't! :-)

Hope you start feeling better soon. Or don't, if it means a sticky baby!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Tomarra, hoping the pain goes away fast but the baby(ies) stick around! 

Chicklet, I can’t imagine how antsy you must be waiting and am thinking of you.  I’m so impatient and would be going nuts as well. 

Gloomy morning and feeling pretty down since I’m so impatient and decided to test this morning even though AF isn’t due until Thursday.  I know, I know I shouldn’t but those cheap packs of 50 make it hard to resist.  Nothing, nada, not even a hint of a line, so I’m guessing this month is going to be another no go. 

On the news the other morning I saw a story about a new sperm analysis at home test for men that will be in stores soon and is already available online (looks like its $39 on amazon).  Anyone ever heard of or tried this?  No reason to think the swimmers aren’t working, but since a large percentage of the issues can be male related would be peace of mind to eliminate that as an issue, or get to the doctors sooner if it comes back that there is a problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's too early to say if this month is a no-go.  The teeniest of faint lines only appears when there's enough hCG in your urine to give you a positive, and it's too early.

I've heard of that test coming to market, but I'm not going to buy it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

SS - my RE recently told me that on average it is 25% male factor, 25% female, 25% both and 25% unexplained.  That sounded a little too perfect for the numbers, so I'm guessing she rounded here and there.  But gives you a little perspective.  I'd be shocked if the home tests are as thorough.  When the RE gave me DH results... there were 4 different things they test for (amount of swimmers, direction they swim, and a few others) in addition to sample amount.  So not sure a $39 test would be able to tell all those things.  But who knows... you can do home paternity tests, so maybe we are getting really sophisticated.

Tomarra... OUCH!  So sorry for your pain.  Hopefully it will go away soon and you will also get some good news next week.

For a completely different reason, I also need to be aware that I have enough salt in my diet as I have low blood pressure and without enough salt, I will get dehydrated easily making me quite dizzy.  So I've gotten that great doctor's recommendation before to "eat more salt!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tomarra, that sounds sooo uncomfortable! The pain lasts for a week or two?? Ugh. Hopefully it at least eases up. SS, I saw that test advertised. I'm surprised it's only $40 and wondering what the margin of error is. I mean, I set a beaker on fire in my 10th grade chem class. Not sure if I (or DH) could handle keeping this test uncompromised. AFM, I'm in total freak out mode this week, which is probably not helping my weird anovulatory cycle. It's CD...oh he.ll, I lost count. 90-something. Tomorrow I have a major evaluation to graduate and get my license for my new profession, then a job interview, then my final clinic where I see clients. Then on Thursday I have my ultrasound. My blood test came back with normal LH and SSH sooo....onward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

WPP - Good luck this week! I'm sure you'll do great on your evaluations and interview. All good stuff!

SS - Thanks for thinking of me. I looked into that test too, but I think it's kind of short sighted. Like IPW mentioned, sperm count is only one piece of the puzzle. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with the results either way. Fingers crossed for you on Thursday. Hopefully you're just testing too early!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

WPP, congrats on getting your license!  You are going to rock your interview and your final clinic....good luck!  I still can't belive that none of your doctors have given you provera.  You too, must be feeling uncomforatble.  I hope she comes soon or least they give provera after the reviewing the blood work results.  Hang in there thinking of you.

SS, you never know a few days could make the difference.  Crossing my fingers and toes for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, it feels to me, anyway, that you just started school!  Congrats on making it to the final stretch and GL and best wishes as you tie things up with a big bow.  3 months with no AF and no Provera?  WHAT is going ON with your docs?  If I were you (not saying this is objectively the right thing to do for anyone!), I'd be very tempted to go to CVS for Plan B, the emergency contraception set of pills.  That would do the same thing, I think, and what could it hurt?  I don't know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks Tom and Chiclet... unfortunately AF showed yesterday... at only CD 23!  My cycles have been pretty short - consistently at 25 or 26 days the last 6 months, but this is weirdly short.  Wonder what happened this cycle.

Oh well, on to the next month.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Sorry for AF showing up, SS. :( Have you had anything going on this month that may have contributed to a different cycle length, like travel, extra stress, etc?

Kar, it feels like classes just started to me too! I have one week left and hopefully the state will process my license by mid-April. Anyone looking for a massage therapist? :) 

I had my ultrasound this morning and should have the results by tomorrow.I'm going to ask about Provera too. On the one hand, I like that they don't just want to hand me pills indiscriminately, but this also seems to have gone on for a really long time and I'm ready for some intervention.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Sorry SS. Hopefully this month is yours. I ended up at doctors again and have been put on bed rest At least until Monday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

SS - Sorry that AF has showed up again! You should definitely treat yourself to some St. Patrick's Day celebrations this weekend!

WPP - I'm so surprised that your doctor didn't prescribe Provera when your bloodtest results came back. I hope they end up calling in something for you tomorrow when they look at your ultrasound. I'm so frustrated for you!

Tom - Sorry you're stuck on bedrest. Fingers crossed that all this pain is a positive sign.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tomarra, so sorry you're having this much trouble, but maybe all the continued pain means a pregnancy...hoping for the best!

WPP, your DH must be psyched about your new venture, lol.  It might even prove handy in the TTC arena! ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

In Response to Re: March TTC:
    Sorry for AF showing up, SS. :( Have you had anything going on this month that may have contributed to a different cycle length, like travel, extra stress, etc? Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

Other than the stress of TTC I can't think of anything.  Really weird.

Tomarra, so sorry about the bed rest, but really hoping all of this will be totally worth it soon!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

From the time my period started to about age 30 my cycles were always between 27 - 31 days.   After 30, my cycles slowly became more variable.  Now, at 40, they range from 25 - 40 days.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tomarra, how are you feeling? Do you need to continue the bed rest? I hope you're feeling better but if not I have two words for you: Netflix subscription! 

My doctor called today with the results of my ultrasound. I need to call tomorrow to get some clarification because I don't really know what the implications are. She said that I have some ovarian cysts but "they aren't necessarily diagnostic of PCOS" or anything. I think she intimated that the RE is going to call me back too. Not really sure what happens from here. I hope it's not, "Yeah, we don't know...k, see you later." I hate when things are inconclusive. 

Tomorrow I have a job interview and I'm giving my notice at the part-time job that I really like. 'Tis bittersweet. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend and the board silence is people recovering from St. Patrick's Day. Tongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, I hope you can get clearer answers soon from someone.  And, no word about jump starting your period?  For pete's sake, I'd be so frustrated by now I'd be loaded for bear.

GL today with your interview!  I couldn't even speak when I handed my resignation letter to my boss; the tears streaming down my face said what it was all about.  And, I was thrilled to be leaving in many ways.  It was the relationships I'd miss...and still do.  Are you looking for a massage therapy job?  How did your tests go?

AFM, I guess I'm in the 2ww...not sure.  Hope my indifference isn't offensive; I just don't care that much, anymore, and if I do get pg my first thought will be, "Oh, no, Down's..."  Not only am I 40 and have already had a m/c, but my BFF had a m/c last year at 12 weeks and the exam showed Down's was the cause.  She's 36.  I didn't realize that most fetuses with that defect actually do lead to m/c; the ones who live are the exception.  

Anyway, on that cheery note, happy first day of Spring, everyone!  Birds, bees...it's all about making babies, right?

Sections
Shortcuts