May 2013 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

May 2013 - TTC

Thought I would get things started for May. Hope everyone has a peaceful month!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Re: May 2013 - TTC

It has been quiet over here lately!  I havent posted much, but we are trying again this month with OPKs.  Got the positive (smiley face) on Fri morning, BD on Thurs Fri and Sun, so I guess I am in the 2WW. We have been TTC for 7 months but only used OPKs for about half that time, so hoping this will be the month for us.  Good luck to everyone! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Well...we're going to try things on our own. IVF was a bust and we don't want to take out a loan to pay for it. My RE doctor told us if we get pg on our own, they'll be able to test for my mutation but it won't be until 11-13 weeks. This isn't at all what we wanted to do but we also don't want to sit around and do nothing until November. Who knows, it may take until November and then insurance will pay for everything. We'll just have to see what happens.  I'm on another message board with some ladies who did the IVF with PGD with my disorder. It helps to have some one to vent to about all this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Had my egg retrieval Sunday morning. I don't feel fully recovered from it, but time's up. They were able to fertilize 9 and I'm having one transferred tomorrow. After months of delays and disappointments, I'm suddenly nervous.

Northern - so sorry for all your uncertainty and delays.

Fakin - I saw your last post under April. I'm so sorry all your decisions suddenly have to be made now. It's not an easy decision and your timetable didn't give you a lot of room to absorb everything. I hope your surgery was successful and that you're recovering well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

Good luck KMZ!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

KMMZ - that sounds like a really good number of eggs.. were you able to freeze any?  My fingers are crossed for you that this is your month!

Northern... what a pain.  I'm sure you are frustrated, but wishing you the best these next few months as you try on your own, and conceiving a healthy baby in doing so!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Thanks for the good wishes! Unfortunately, we were unable to freeze any others - they weren't high enough "quality" - we only had the one embryo that was good enough to transplant. So this better work because I don't know if I can do another round of all those drugs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

When should you be testing with opks? My RE doctor told me FMU but I've read online it should be during the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mid afternoon is what my kit says due to when your LH surge occurs.  You could miss a positive if you use fmu, and I'd be peeved at that recommendation given what I know!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Thanks Kar, I'm going to test again later today. I got, what I've read online, are typical signs you are ovulating or getting ready to ovulate and I got a negative this morning which I was surprised about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

"Symptoms" of ovulation are not reliable determiners, generally, no matter how adamant women are about "knowing."  Statistically speaking, that is.

the morning of your surge you could see a darker than usual test line.  my positive tests were never exactly equal, the test line was very dark, though, and I know that they were real because I always got my period 15 days later, and my cycles are not regular (pre-ovulation phase varied in length so I never knew how long the whole cycle would be).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

I know there are lots of different opinions on this topic, just wanted to chime in with my experience which is using FMU I have been able to catch my surge each month.  I think the instructions for my OPK said to test any time of day, as long as you consistently test at the same time each day.  Mornings were the most practical time for me to test before heading to work for the day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Actually, I was always able to catch my positives w/fmu, too, but it's not good medical advice given our circadian rhythm And when LH surges occur.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Does anyone else have issues getting into the forum?  Most days I get an error when I try to load the page and if I do get it, I don't have the option to post.  Strange.

KMMZ - Good luck! I hope this is your month!  Northern - I used to test morning and when I got home from work and I always seemed to catch the surge in the afternoon, so I stopped wasting the tests in the morning.  I haven't used OPK's in a few months though.

We got our IVF insurance approval much quicker than I expected.  Now just waiting for AF to arrive   so we can figure out the schedule and see if we go forward right away or wait until after our vacation in July.  Of course, AF has decided this month to be late.  So far 3 days late though no positive PG test either.  I am guessing the Clomid I took this month just screwed up my cycle.  It won't stop me from testing again tomorrow morning I am sure!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I finally got a positive surge in the morning on Friday and it was still positive in the afternoon. This is the first month I used them so now I have an idea of around when to start using them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

I got my period on Saturday (along with screaming back, hip, and leg pain that required muscle relaxants and painkillers and a round of emergency acupuncture on Sunday) and the blood test was negative on Sunday.  I have a follow up with my dr on Thursday.  In the meantime, I need to schedule and appointment with my endocrinologist, because I think my thyroid's off.  I'm also going to be asking my dr for scripts for muscle relaxants and pain killers - mine are gone now. The overdose of hormones has made my usual back pain during my cycle feel like I'm in labor for seventy-two hours. I actually missed two days of work a couple weeks ago because of it. I can't be incapicitated like that every time my cycle starts up.  It's hell on my husband and my kid not to mention how crappy I feel from it.

So, not meant to be this time. Maybe next time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

KMMZ, bummer.  So sorry not only for AF showing, but in such a dramatic way.  I hope you can get the pain taken care of. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Sorry to hear KMMZ, hope you are feeling better

Good luck Wedoct, hope your AF cooperates!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks MissGirl!  Still no AF, normally my cycle is 25 days, so far at day 31.  Took another PG test yesterday and still negative.  

So sorry KMMZ.  Best of luck to everyone else this month.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

KMMZ-So sorry for you...

Having one of those down days (yet another delay from doctor/insurance office....third round of IVF will happen in July/August now...ugh...).

How does everyone keep their spirits up during all of this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I feel down I'm comforted by knowing that if we never have kids we might not have missed out on something great but could have been saved from something terrible.  One really never knows, and to automatically assume we would have had a healthy child that enriches our lives is just one possibility to have not had.  If it doesn't happen, it makes just as much sense to be sad as relieved because we don't know how it would have turned out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Sally, I think the biggest thing is that while this whole process is a huge part of your life right now, and a huge part of your relationship, you have to make sure it isn't the only thing going on.  Don't they say life is what happens when you're making other plans?  Don't let the rest of it pass you by...if there's a job you want, apply for it; a trip you want to take, book it; a restaurant you want to try, eat there! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Sally, I totally agree with Luv. So much of your life right now revolves around schedules, conversations with your partner about timing and appointments, medication, insurance, etc. I can't let it take over my life. I will admit that I skipped a family christening on Sunday (granted I still wasn't feeling great, but if I pushed it I could've managed) because I was just so sad and feeling the tiniest bit sorry for myself. But that's the only thing I've let myself miss since we started this. I keep up my schedule and I make sure DH and I have time one on one that does not revolve around TTC conversation or DS. We have a date tomorrow and a moratorium on talking about our follow up appt with the RE today.

We're planning trips and home improvement projects and doing what we can to have as normal a life as possible. If I let myself get overwhelmed with how much this all just sucks, I would never get out of bed. Part of it is "fake it till you make it" but the other part is just a genuine desire to remind myself that I had a life before TTC and I'll have one after.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

Thanks for the perspective ladies :) It is helpful!

Sections
Shortcuts