May TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

May TTC

Happy May!  Hopefully this is a good month for all.  Cool

AFM, AF came yesterday (finally) so we're back on the TTC train. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Re: May TTC

clc - that's great news for you.  I know that was a really long wait; you must be relieved!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Clc, I’m glad that AF showed up and you got to move on to your next cycle.

WPP, how are things with you?

Jenn, It looks like things are moving on smoothly with you.

So, I had a weird/strange thing happen to me at work today.  Women grabbed both my back and belly area today and asked it a very excited voice if I was pregnant.  I gently grabbed the hand on my belly and said no and walked away.  This happens in the café around 20 other people and I not sure how to really react to this.  I know she was trying to be mean or anything but it seems many people at work are eager for me to pg. Other than that I’m still waiting patiently for my body to give me a sign that I finally OV’ed this month regardless of the us results. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tomarra, that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.  I am reminded every day that not all crazy nuts are safely behind the locked doors of a mental institution.  I have no idea how I'd handle it - guess it would depend on our relationship before the grab.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

tomarra - how odd and disturbing!  You would hope people would have more tact. 

I am just over 8 weeks and feeling well, but as I just posted on a pg thread, feeling anxious to have my prenatal appt to hear a heartbeat and be sure everything is progressing as it should. 

I am nervous people will "guess" that I am pg.  I've always had a bit of a thick middle, but I've been ravenous, and have already put on a couple of pounds.  I'm hoping nothing is obvious until after the first trimester and until I am ready to tell people.  My mom once asked me if I was pg before we were even trying.  We were clothes shopping and I guess my belly pooch looked like a pregnancy pooch.  Ever since then (several years ago), I have been self-conscious about my belly and would be mortified if people at work did what they did to you.  Especially if I was actively TTC. 

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  Hopefully you can laugh it off with them and ask them politely to not embarass you like that again.  You will tell them if (when) you get pregnant when you are ready and would appreciate them not putting extra pressure on you. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wore a sun dress with an empire waist from the Gap last 4th of July, and my mom asked if it were maternity...sigh.  I'm sure you're hiding a couple of pounds of weight gain, Jenn, don't worry.  And, people do gain a few pounds here and there even if they're not pg.  You won't gain just in your belly for quite awhile; it will be pretty evenly distributed 'til about month 4 when your belly starts to poke out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Tomarra- wow!  I don't know how well you know the person, but I can't believe it!   I mean, I can but I don't like it.  Sorry that she did that and hopefully you can write it off as a crazy and not let that put unnecessary stress on you.

Jenn- You will be amazed at how oblivious many people at work can be.  Of course, I don't know your work environment, but at mine, nobody seems to pick up on anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

When I was 11 weeks and had gained 2 lbs a 74 year old said to me "you have chunk are you pregant?" I said "well, thankfully I am".  I was super careful due to TTC for so long not to wear anything that may have been misinterpreted.  I cannot believe that as a woman you cannot gain 2 lbs without someone commenting.  Her 94 year old mother then nodded her head in agreement when she said "your b00bs are huge too".
    People are obsessed with women's bodies. 

Lovely....

I am hoping this is a great month for everyone!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

tomarra - when I was ttc for a while, I went to my company's holiday party wearing something somewhat form fitting (and I also was in pretty good shape). While I had a drink in my hand, some woman came up to me to "chat" and said she heard a rumor that I was expecting. Man, I wanted to belt her! I just said that the rumor was wrong and then found a way to walk away (without any physical violence). I also was asked by a guy at work in an elevator if I wanted to have any kids. I told him yes and then didn't say anything. Quiet times for the rest of the ride down. Some people are just stupid and nosy, aren't they? Hang in there!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

CLC... I'm glad AF came so you can move on to the next cycle... ttc is such an ironic love/hate relationship with AF. 

Jenn... that is great news that you are feeling well, and totally understandable that you are a bit apprehensive.  As for the weight gain... a friend at work is 15weeks, and was able to hide it until 9 weeks before anyone had a clue.  For her, the big give away was that she started wearing maternity pants.  So... from that I took the lesson that the longer you can stay in regular clothes, the longer you'll be able to "hide" it.  Long layered t-shirts and/or the bella band may be your best bet if you don't want to tell people for a while.  That is what I plan on doing if we ever get pg again... cuz after our mc I don't think I'll be comfortable telling people until at least 12 weeks. 

And tomarra ... how awful!  I always feel guilty for even suspecting a fellow worker might be pg .. but just the thought of asking - never mind touching! - would totally embarrass me and her.  Hopefully everyone else thought it was totally tactless and just thought she was crazy. 

AFM... no AF yet.  I guess no news is good news this week. I am expecting AF today or tomorrow based on when I O'd... so I think I will resist testing until Thursday.  We leave for vacation Thursday, so I'll test then but then probably won't test again until next Wednesday.  By then AF will have either shown up or at a week late it will be pretty exciting to test. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jenn, for what it's worth, I'm 14 weeks now, have gained (at least) 6 pounds, and I'm still wearing my regular clothes and really don't have a pregnancy belly.  I think the few people at work who knew I was trying suspect, but that's it.  So, if I'm at all typical, I'm betting you can make it through the first trimester without people knowing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Boston, I hope AF stays away and we get to celebrate your good new soon!

Yeah, I‘m pretty much over from what happen yesterday.  I know her and her family from the church I used to belong to but we’re mostly acquaintances.  I was mostly concerned about giving off the fact that her comment brother me and people would that we have been trying.  I played it cool and move to what I was in the café to do.

Oh, I finally entered the 2ww!  Other than that I hope the rest of you ladies are well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Ohhh, it's been a crazy few days!

Clc, that's great that AF finally came and you can move on!

Tomarra, sorry to hear about the nutcase. People never cease to amaze me with the stupid things that they say. You're a better woman than I for not getting violent.

AFM, still waiting on AF. I think I'm on day 48-ish. I'm going to the doctor next week and will ask her about this if AF doesn't come by then.  I just found out that I'm going back to school, though, and start in two months, so I'm really excited about that. It's weird to have a goal after spending a couple years running away from work that sucked out my soul like a dementor in Harry Potter! I can't wait to nerd out in a classroom again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

WPP .. congrats on heading back to school!  I remember being totally psyched when I went back for my masters.  There will be days that suck... but then you just have to remember how much more work can suck.  At least in school... you can actually be "caught up".  The semester eventually ends, and you are DONE. (and there is that totally AWESOME break between semesters where you literally have  nothing you are supposed to be doing)  At work... that just doesn't happen.  There is never enough time and there is always something you haven't gotten around to.

Is this a career change?  Or just an opportunity to move out of a sucky position?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

WPP, congrats on going back to school!  I laughed out loud at your "dementor" comment.  I feel like that a lot!  My coworker enrolled in a part-time MBA program when she was expecting, and had classes up to a week or two before her due date (while working full time).  We all thought she was crazy.  I think she took a semester off after her daughter was born, but she went back and is graduating this Spring!  You can definitely do it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Weird, for some reason the site won't let me do a post from my phone.

Thanks! It's definitely a career change and I'm psyched. I was in publishing before (world of pain) and now I'm doing an intensive program for massage therapy. There'll be a lot of work and articulated skeletons but I think it'll be a cool career.

Jen, stories like your coworker give me hope and motivation that if I do get pregnant, I can keep going with classes and work, etc. Life's a journey, right? :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

So I was at my hair dressers today (who is a friend) and she handed me two 5 day early POAS tests that she didn't need anymore since she found out a few weeks back that she was pg ... and she said "good luck". 

So I got home... I thought AF was due today or tomorrow and figured "why not?" they were free after all ... BFP!!!!!!!!  So excited!!!!!  Ran a lap of joy around the house :o) 

... sticky thoughts ... sticky thoughts... I really hope this one sticks.  And I'm just praying it isn't a chemical pg.  I think I'll wait to call my OB until after we get back next week.  By then it should be a firm positive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats Boston! Crossing my fingers and toes for you that it sticks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats Boston! Sticky thoughts into the universe!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Congratulations, Boston!  And good luck!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Boston!!!  Sticky thoughts and prayers to you.

WPP, congrats to you, too, on going back to school.  I related to your description of work.  My career scked the life out of me every day like that torture contraption in The Princess Bride, "I just scked a year of your life away..."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yay, Boston!!  Sticky thoughts to you!!

I'm still catching up - positive thoughts to everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Congrats Boston!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Great news Boston!!  Here is hoping for smooth sailing!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Thanks girls!!  I am super excited... though DH has been trying to remind me to be somewhat cautious about getting over excited too soon.  Here's hoping that the next few weeks go by smoothly and that any m/s holds off until after our trip :o)