May TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Re: May TTC

Congrats Boston!!! Sticky thoughts to you :o)

WPP- going back to school and making a career change are both awesome.  I miss school a lot, especially the flexibility of schedule!

Positive thoughts to everyone in the 2ww, waiting to O, or just hanging out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Boston!  Sending sticky thoughts your way!

WPP - Congratulations on going back to school!  I've also been exploring the idea of going back to school.  I miss being in the classroom.

Thanks all, we are happy to be back on track.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Congrats Boston and many sticky thoughts to you!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Enjoy your trip, Boston!  Seems like the perfect time to get away.

I'm heading into the city on Saturday to do the March of Dimes "March for Babies" walk for the third year in a row.  Can't wait!  It's always a good time (even last year in the pouring rain). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Congrats Boston!!!!   Good luck.  I know it's tough to be too optimistic right away, because anything can happen still, but enjoy the week and happy testing again next week!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

AF came today, so I'm onto my second cycle after BC (first one lasted 50 days). I told DH and he was like, "Is that good?" lol.

Onward!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad, WPP, GL next time and with your cycle evening out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi everyone,
    Congrats Boston on the BFP, sending positive vibes your way.

Kar, nice Princess Bride reference, I love that movie, it's one that I can watch every time it comes on.

I'm hanging out in the ivf equivalent of the 2WW- had a transfer earlier this week.  Already feel like I'm peeing all the time (which is usually my earliest symptom) but trying not to get my hopes up as I have more trouble staying pregnant than getting pregnant.  Guess only time will tell so just need to stay sane in the meantime!

Good luck to everyone this month!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tc, I own fewer than 5 movies - that's one of them, lol!  I could quote the whole thing with you.

GL with this cycle's ivf 2ww. :) 

I'm PMSing like mad.  Had the Adult Alternative channel on cable while cooking all day, and just about every song made me sob for some reason that seemed logical at the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Good luck tc!

Kar, Your not the only crying & PMS-ing.  I have been so emotional the last 5 days.  I'm hoping it just the stressful days at work but man AF is not due to another week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tc, if you've been teary for a week and AF isn't due for another week, it's plain ol' stress.  Just telling you so you can prepare anyone around you for the week to come.  Stress + PMS = Duck for Cover.  ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi ladies! We're back from China, which was just amazing. We had such a blast, and having 2 weeks felt like such a luxury! The tradeoff is that readjusting back to work and normal life is that much harder.

I've been catching up on everyone's posts - some great news! Boston - congrats!! So exciting! Sending sticky thoughts your way. WPP and clc, I'm glad AF showed up for both of you so you can move on. Those long cycles are the worst! And Jenn, I'm so glad things are moving along nicely for you. tc, my fingers are crossed for a successful cycle for you. Where is everyone else at in their cycles?

AFM, another BFN this month. I didn't have terribly high hopes, since we were traveling...but DH and I really gave it the old college try, including...yes...the mile-high club! My hopes were dashed after an internet cheapie test showed a faint positive at about 12DPO, but FRER confirmed the BFN the next day. Ugh. I had a blood test this morning, so once I get the official results, I'll move on to round 4 of clomid. Trying to stay positive, which becomes harder each time I hear that another friend or relative is pg (I think we're up to 10+). This month I'm planning to go all out...temping, some approximation of Harvard's "Fertility Diet," Mucinex, you name it.

Anyway, happy Monday and I hope everyone had a great weekend!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome back, Tang!  Glad you had a fabulous trip and congrats on joining the Club (how?  never mind, lol).  That's too bad about the faint positive turned negative. 

Boston, any news on the retest?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

but DH and I really gave it the old college try, including...yes...the mile-high club!

Get out!!  Good for you guys!  Welcome back.  Sorry about the BFN.  What the heck is the Fertility Diet?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Certain foods impact your reproductive hormones so I think the diet is based on that.  For instance, eating a lot of soy acts like an extra estrogen source (probably not recommended for TTC, not sure).  I know my SIL with estrogen-sensitive breast cancer is supposed to avoid it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Welcome back Tang.  Sorry for the BFN but hopefully the vacation helped you both relax and get a clear head for the next round.  Best of luck with this series of Clomid!

AFM, this upcoming weekend is our 1 year anniversary and we are going away for a night.  Should be perfect timing Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Teehee! Kar, all I can say is, desperate times call for desperate measures ;)  It definitely wasn't the most romantic encounter I've had!

Nov, if you google "fertility diet," you'll see a bunch of info...I believe it's based on the Harvard Nurses Study, and here's a good summary on the Harvard website: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mental_Health_Letter/2009/May/Follow-Fertility-Diet

The diet is geared toward improving ovulatory infertility, which is what I'm dealing with. Basically, it calls for avoiding trans fats, eating more vegetable oils/nuts/fish, swapping meats for veggie proteins, eating high-fiber grains, fruits and veggies, eating iron-rich plants like spinach, beans and tomatoes, drinking lots of water, and having at least one serving of full-fat milk, yogurt, or ice cream per day. I was especially surprised to read that skim milk has actually been associated with infertility - I've always drunk skim, so I immediately switched to whole. My diet isn't too far off from the recommendations, so I figure I'll go the extra mile and see what happens.

AF arrived this morning...and the process continues...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Now thats really interesting.  I hadn't heard of that.  We drink skim now and I couldn't choke down whole milk, but I could go for the dish of ice cream every day.  =)  More good information.  Thanks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, ladies, I just found this PMS vs early pregnancy symptom chart.  Don't blame me if you drive yourself as nuts as I have been in your 2wws.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan,  So happy to have you back and I'm glad you had a wonderful trip.  I'm sorry but AF arrived...this TTC can really suck at times.

AFM, It seems I finally stopped crying but I'm still in a very peachy Yellmood.  Poor DH is the one mostly dealing with it and I hope it ends soon!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Argh, tomarra, I'm so sorry about AF. I hear you on the bad mood....it's rough on the DHs! It is SO much easier for them to follow their own advice and focus on other things. I hope that moving on to the next cycle will help you to feel a little better. What CD are you on? I'm on CD2...maybe we can be buddies? What's your game plan for this cycle?

Kar, that chart looks dangerous!! I'll have to stay away from that during the next 2ww ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL staying away...I'm obsessing more than ever.  In fact, I'm on my way to get a FRER right now.  Don't try to stop me, it's too late!  ;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Godspeed, Kar!!! Keep us posted!

And clc, GL this weekend! Sounds like perfect timing, indeed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck Kar! I agree that chart is dangerous.  I started reviewing it yesterday and had to make myself stop. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck Kar!