May TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: May TTC

Looks like thing are slow here....you all must be busy BD-ing!

Jenni, It must of be great to hear that heart beat.  Here'a hoping for a sucessful pg!

Boston and tc,  I hope all is well with your pg as well.

clc, tan, nov and kar,  sending you all positive toughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Oh man, I've been spending my energy on reading the posts in General from the crazy guy and I missed all of the good news! Congrats Boston and tc, and Jen, I hope things continue to go well for you!

Tomarra, Kar, Tan, Nov, Clc, sending good mojo into the universe for you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi all! It has been slow, huh? Jenn, Boston, and tc - hope you're all feeling great! And everybody else - I'm looking forward to updates! I can't remember where everyone is in their cycles.

I had my follicle check ultrasound today, and things looked good (phew...was a little nervous after the D#ng Quai debacle...I've dialed it back to just Mucinex, baby aspirin, and prenatals! Thanks again for the heads-up, Tomarra). Had a 13.5mm on one side and a 14mm on the other, so I'll go back for another ultrasound this weekend, and hopefully things will be ready to go by then. The waiting game continues! Meanwhile, it's been a literal shower of babies. New babies, new pregnancies, baby showers coming out my ears. Trying to stay positive and just hope it'll be my turn soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP - I was intrigued by all of those posts as well.

Tang - hopefully the follicles continue to grow!  I'm sure it's hard to hear about all of the new babies and pregnancies but your day will come!

I'm just hanging out waiting to see what this cycle has in store for me.  I'm on CD 20 now but I have a feeling I'm in for another extended cycle. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

CLC... I can't remember, are you using OPKs?  Do you have an idea whether you've O'd yet?  That would at least help give you a target date for how long your cycle will be.  Temping could also tell you this, but I always had a really hard time with temping... it only made sense to me when I had OPK information to go by as well.  You can buy super cheap ones on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-40-Ovulation-10-Pregnancy/dp/B001FYLNVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305898937&sr=8-2

These and a box of dixie cups and you'll be good to go :o)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thank you, Boston.  I am not using OPK's at this time.  DH and I decided to take a "see what happens" approach through the summer.  I'm trying very hard to stick to that agreement but the long, unpredictable cycles do make it frustrating.  But I can take a few more months of this and then will be purchasing the cheapies from Amazon this fall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

clc... you're being way more restrained than I ever was... props to you :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Hi all,

I've been lurking on these boards since DH and I started TTC back in October and decided to finally jump in. In March, we had a miscarriage - found out at 8 wk u/s that development had stopped around week 4 or 5.

DH and I have started trying again, but we're a little confused. My cycles before m/c were always 29 or 30 days. This morning is day 33 and I tested with FRER and got a *very* faint positive, so I tried a digital test to confirm, and it said Not Pregnant.

I guess I'll wait a few more days and test again? I hate to get my hopes up, and I know cycles can change after m/c. I've just never been this many days late and not gotten a positive result. When I first got pregnant, the test I took showed a clear positive pretty quickly.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this month, and congrats to those with BFPs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like you're pg, pittitw.  The FRER detects far less hCG than the digital ones.  Just because it's digital doesn't mean it's more accurate.  If it will only say "Positive" when the level is at least 25 mIU, and the FRER line appears with a level as low as 7 mIU, obviously the digital one will be negative and the FRER one will be positive if, say, your level is 10.  The faint positive is more evidence - there isn't a LOT of hCG yet to detect.  

So, welcome and congrats on, yes, the BFP!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Boston.  I'm trying! We'll see if I can stick with this all summer.

This cycle I have had some lingering brown discharge (TMI, sorry).  I had it for a week post AF and then it went away for several days and now it's back.  This type of discharge is normal for me for the last two days of AF but never for this long. It's not heavy, I just notice it when I wipe. Anyone else experience this?  Any reason I need to be concerned?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, I have had that discharge on a couple of my cycles.  When i asked the doctors about I didn't get much of an answer for it.  They told me it could be post AF discharge or mid cycle bleeding.  The mid cycle bleeding one ever made any sense to me because in those cycles AF wouldn't show for another 3 to 5 weeks.  So, in short if you are concerned about give your doctor a call.  Also, I total agree with boston that you have great patience....more that I ever did.  The things to remember is that it can take 3 to 5 months for you cycle to regulate and you can get pg even if you have long cycles.

pittftw,  I do not have advise for you but if it was I would call the doctor's office and ask if they would do blood work to confirm it.

Tan, I hope you are in the 2ww and this is your month.

Everyone else,  sending you positive thoughts!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Pittitw, I would call your doctor and get a blood test.  I think it's a good idea to know for sure what's going on, and that way if nothing else your medical history will be clearer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pitt, a blood test is a good idea, but if you take another FRER today and it's positive, too, you're pg.  If it's negative, you had a chemical pg, but hoping and praying you see another line!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Well, I called my dr's office, and they suggested waiting til Thursday for a blood test since cycles can change so much after a m/c. Plus by then I'd be a full week later than expected instead of just a few days.

I'll probably also buy another FRER to test at home obssessively in the meantime :-P

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi ladies, not so good day here but maybe you can talk me down off the ledge.... I had some cramps and spotting earlier today and I'm convinced it's another miscarriage. Almost exact same timing (5.5 weeks) as my previous one.  The nurse said not to worry yet but to call back if it gets heavier and they'll try to get me in tomorrow. Otherwise my u/s is scheduled for Wed.  I really tried not to get excited this time but as each day passed, I got a little more hopeful and now it's just so hard to take another disappointment.

Sorry to be a downer, hope others are doing much better on this gloomy Monday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: May TTC:
    Well, I called my dr's office, and they suggested waiting til Thursday for a blood test since cycles can change so much after a m/c. Plus by then I'd be a full week later than expected instead of just a few days. I'll probably also buy another FRER to test at home obssessively in the meantime :-P
    Posted by pittftw

A m/c back in October might still mess with your cycles, but it cannot still cause an elevation in hCG enough to show positive on a FRER.  I've got a VERY good feeling for you!!

~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi ladies, not so good day here but maybe you can talk me down off the ledge.... I had some cramps and spotting earlier today and I'm convinced it's another miscarriage...
    Posted by tc95

Oh, no, tc - hoping and praying this time these symptoms are innocuous and all will be well.  Keep us posted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

tc- I am pulling for you!  Hopefully it is nothing, but definitely keep us posted. 

Pitt, congratulations on the faint positive.  Hopefully the bloodwork confirms that it is a pregnancy!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

tc, I'm so sorry, and I hope you're wrong.  I had spotting with this pregnancy and also cramping, over a couple of weeks during the first trimester, starting about 6 weeks.  It turned out to be nothing.  I know it's horribly hard to just wait and see, but I'm pulling for your pregnancy to be okay.

Pittftw, did I read right that your miscarriage was in March?  Have you had a period since then?  If not, I think it's remotely possible that a positive on an FRER could be explained by the failed pregnancy.  I had an ectopic and it took me about 9 weeks after treatment before hcg was totally gone.  On the other hand, if you are having cycles again, I don't think there's much chance that the miscarriage could be causing a false positive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

TC, sorry to hear of your scare, hopefully it's nothing more than that. Sending extra sticky thoughts your way. 

Pitt, good luck with the second FRER.  I was thinking the same as Thistle, after your m/c in March did they track your hcg until it was back to zero? If not it could be lingering hcg that is causing the positive.  Hopefully it's a real BFP!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Sorry TC - I hope you are wrong. Good luck and here's hoping for no more spotting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

after your m/c in March did they track your hcg until it was back to zero? If not it could be lingering hcg that is causing the positive.  Hopefully it's a real BFP!
    Posted by clc51510

Yes, I had blood drawn what seemed like a million times until I was back down to zero and I've had a period since the m/c, so it wouldn't be from lingering hcg at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

I decided to use up my last digital test this morning, and... BFP!!! I'm still going to have the blood test on Thursday so that I'll know where my hcg levels are, but at least I know they are rising since I got a BFN on the last digital I took.

Trying not to get too excited til we get to an u/s, but I'm so relieved this morning :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kj1025. Show kj1025's posts

Hi there. Like pittftw, I've been trying since October and lurking a bit on these boards. You ladies are so helpful! I wish you all the best on this 'journey.'

I'm hoping you might be able to help me out. I think I may be in the middle of a chemical pregnancy. I had two faint positives on Sunday and then a negative Monday and Tuesday (today). My only symptom is that my b00bs kill, and that hasn't gone away yet (and my temps are still high). Do I still have hope? Or, if not, when should I expect AF? I'm two days late at this point.

I know I should go get blood work done but I will probably wait until next week for that. Any thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

tc, you're in my thoughts...I hope you get good news today.

Pittftw, congrats!

Sections
Shortcuts