May TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

May TTC

Happy May!  I got my positive OPK yesterday so this is our week! Yay.  We are sticking to the every other day schedule.  Is that what others have done? Or during this week do you increase it to every day?

How is everyone else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Re: May TTC

clc- congrats on the positive opk!  that is always exciting.  We usually start off every other day just to make sure we have our bases covered, but once you get the positive OPK you might as well shoot for every day for the next 2-3 days (if you are both up for it!)  

I am just hanging out waiting for AF but hoping for a BFP.  I am not a big tester and much prefer to wait for AF than to see a negative test, but at the same time the wondering is killing me!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Miss Girl you have a lot more patience than I do.  Man I can't help but test!  Good luck to you.  When is AF suppose to arrive?

Two friends from playgroup are having their second babies this week.  One had a little girl yesterday and the other is due with a little girl tomorrow.  I'm so happy for them but sad for me.  Sad that I started trying before one of them did and she's about to have a baby and I'm still trying.  Just hoping that it's our month soon.  July will be our 1 year mark.  Does anyone know if they will make us try for another 6 months considering I had a miscarriage in January? Hoping we can at least get some testing done and then see where to go from there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc- since you had a positive OPK, I would do it everyday for the next couple of days.  Never hurts!

I'm sorry you are feeling that way and totally understand how you are feeling.  I would follow up with your doctor in June and set up an appt for July.  I don't think they will make you wait until Jan.

Missgirl - Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.  You are a lot stronger than me, I had to test, couldn't wait.  lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Well officially in the 2ww.  Hopefully these next few weeks fly by.  

Miss Girl any news?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Unfortunately AF arrived this weekend :(  I am starting a medicated cycle now using letrazole, which I had been hoping to avoid but now after over 1.5 yrs with no success, hopefully this will be the push that I need!  anyone out there have experience taking this?

clc good luck in your 2ww!  those weeks always drag for me but hopefully this will be your month!   I think you might as well set up an appt to see the RE for some testing just in case. Personally I find it helpful to have my next step laid out in case of another unsuccessful month, it sort of softens the blow to know you have a plan in place.  I agree with pugs' suggestion to try to get a July appt in case you do reach the 1 year mark.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

I'm dealing with insurance companies and labs and centers to get everything that I can covered for the PGD/IVF process.  It's going, but going slowly.  Then the testing of my DNA and building of a "probe" for the PGD will take quite a long time, it's so stressful.  Then of course comes all of the fertility drugs etc.  It's a completely unglamorous side of TTC eh? 

Sorry to hear you didn't get a BFP MissGirl and that you now are starting the Letrazole.  I don't have experience with that, but I feel for you.  Hopefully you won't even notice you are taking them and they are that push!

Clc, I agree with Pugs - you should probably setup something now at least for July because it can't hurt.  You can always ask over the phone if now is too early post mc too (like some time in May), it may not be especially since testing can take 2 months to see what's going on.   I'm also sorry you are feeling sad about the playgroup moms.  It's got to be tough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Patiently waiting for next week to test but it seems like history may be repeating itself.  I'm on CD 24, DPO 8 and I started spotting yesterday.  By yesterday evening it turned into a little more than spotting and this morning has continued.  This is the exact same timeline as when I was pg with DS and when I had my miscarriage in January.  Hoping if I am in fact pg this little one holds on.  It's going to be a tough week of waiting.  Luckily my cousin is coming in for a visit this weekend and I haven't seen her since November so I will have a welcomed distraction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I caved and tested this morning, BFN.  I'm at 11 DPO so I still have time.  I'm still spotting off and on.  Can't figure it out but I guess I will wait another few days and see what happens!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - I could be that it is too early to test?  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

clc that sounds promising that youre having the same symptoms as with past bfps!  hopefully you just tested too early, fingers crossed for you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tested again today, another BFN.  Damn those cheapie dip tests that are in my house.  They are making it too easy.  I might be out for this round.  Still spotting but it hasn't increased in the past several days and it's all dark brown (sorry TMI).  So perhaps there is still a chance but I'm not so sure.

Plan is to call the DR today to get something booked as soon as they'll let me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

That does sound so much like the beginning stages, especially since you've had those same symptoms before.  Interesting - have you considered getting a different test just in case the ones you have are duds somehow?  Maybe wait a bit more before doing that though - how long have you been spotting for?  You don't think it might just be a weird start to your period do you?

Wishing for you!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks Fakin.  I've been spotting since last Thursday.  I do have a store brand first response at home but I've been waiting a little longer before using that.  If things don't change by this weekend I will use that one.  It's definitely early for this spotting to be the start of my period but I wouldn't rule it out.  My cycles use to be consistently 40-42 days before my mc in January.  Since then they've been about 32 days so it could be my period.

In good news, I was able to get a consult for next week with the dr. Happy they didn't make me wait any longer considering my year isn't really up until the beginning of July.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

any update clc?  Did you use the other test?

Glad to hear you are able to meet with the doctors earlier than you thought!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

More BFN's and AF finally arrived.  Even though I figured it wasn't my month it still was a bummer.  Anyway, appt on Wednesday so at least we're moving forward.

Hope others are having better luck than me! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I met with the NP at my OB yesterday and unfortunately they aren't willing to do anything until January 2015.  They said that while we've been trying for a year and haven't had a successful pregnancy we have had a pregnancy so I would need to wait 12 months from my miscarriage.  It was pretty disappointing considering they had me come down for a consultation. Why not tell me that over the phone?  But oh well, on to more trying!