November 2011 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2011 TTC

The time and order is messed up (argh!), but the following is in response to liz's quote directly below this:
    Interesting Kar. I read somewhere that even when you have sex at the exact right time, there is still only something like a 20% chance of conceiving.

Yes, that's right.  And, that's if you're in your early 20s, yes, you time it exactly right with respect to when the egg was released and sperm introduced on the scene, and there are no underlying obstacles.  

And, forget that great stat if you're 39.  It's down around 5% monthly or something like that.  People tell me all the time how likely they believe it is I'll get pregnant, but I don't think they have facts behind their optimism.  Optimism without statistical support is just fantasy imo, and fantasy doesn't encourage me one iota...it actually just peeves me that people pass off fantasy as optimism. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Liz a great book to read is Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.  You can find it on amazon...it will help you just to understand your body and cycles.  Like anything else certain parts you take with a grain of salt but it does have some great information to help you have educated discussions with your doctors either pregnant or not.

Agree -thought bd was bed dance or bedding down...baby dance is very disturbing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Interesting Kar. I read somewhere that even when you have sex at the exact right time, there is still only something like a 20% chance of conceiving.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011 TTC:
    [QUOTE]Ally McBeal dancing baby- super creepy...not happy the image is in my head now...haha. BD- I was ok with it as I thought it meant 'bed dance'...baby dance, yeah not a fan. I had assumed like Liz that BDC would not let you say the real word.
    Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]

They used to not allow it, which I think is ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

MissWolff - for some reason I also thought BD meant "bed dance" which I actually kind of liked.  Baby dance is kind of creepy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Just got back from my 4th baby shower in 2 months. Makes me want it more than anything!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

@wrkingmom, thank you for the book suggestion!

Also, I don't know if anyone else is planning on using the ovulation strips, but I found it to be confusing. This website really explained it to me in laymen terms if you will.

http://www.firstresponse.com/using-ovulation-test.asp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Sat AF visit!  Wat wat whaaaaaa....

Oh well. Better luck next month (this month?).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry to hear about AF Miss Wolf.  Good luck with your upcoming cycle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sorry Miss Wolff.  Have yourself a nice big cocktail.  Wishing you luck next cycle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Sorry Miss Wolff!  Definitely a reason to have a cocktail!  And some unpasteurized cheeses, sushi, raw shellfish, and any other treats you love!

I'm still in limbo around here. 

It is very bad how quickly the obsessive habits I had last time TTC have come back.  "I had lower back pain before, do you think that's a sign?" "I'm so tired! It can't just be b/c DD is teething and up in the middle of the night again, right?" "Is that cramping implantation or is AF coming?"  It's terrible!  My husband is already over it and it's only been three cycles of "let's see" and one of "let's try". 

And it's still too early to test for me...even if I am PG, I'm at least a week before AF is supposed to show up...so several more days of obsessing still to come this month. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I went through that, too, and spent a lot of $$$$$ in the process on those stupid FRER tests.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I had a convo with DH this weekend...he doesn't really 'get' the obsessiveness.  He thinks just 'do it' a lot and it will happen.  I sort of agree with him, but I don't want to be naive either.

And I don't really want to obsess, but it's hard not to. It's your body so you are confronted with all these different symptoms/feelings and are always wondering 'what if'?

I am trying to just go with the flow, but it's not my personality.  I sadly never knew how all this baby making really worked until I started. Now that I know all the stats it seems like it's much harder than I was led to believe at 16.  I'm also not super young (31) so I want to know if something is 'off' as soon as I can.

TTC world is very weird. Lots to learn and think about.  Sorry- vent!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I did have some gooey cheese on my sandwich :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(you can have soft, gooey cheese, anyway, if it's pasteurized - most is in the US)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011 TTC:
    [QUOTE]I had a convo with DH this weekend...he doesn't really 'get' the obsessiveness.  He thinks just 'do it' a lot and it will happen. Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]

Miss Wolff I can totally relate, my DH also thought that we could just "do it" and it would happen.  Trying to get him to understand cycles and the statistics was painful.  Mainly I let him know when was optimal and besides that let him think whatever he wanted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At the same time, ladies, your DH have it right, too.  The more spontaneous and natural the whole thing is the more likely you are to conceive for phsyical arousal reasons that have mostly to do with your cervix.  Since sperm can live up to 5 days, if you have sex every 3 days you're covered no matter how well you track (or don't track) your cycle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Every time I try to post, this comes up:

Please change the following word(s), then resubmit your content (change it; don't disguise it):      

What?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Liz, pick some random works and put spaces between letters. BDC flags the dumbest words as 'inappropriate'. For instance, you can post poopy but you can't post po* p. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just started a thread about this problem down in Talk to BDC.  Maybe if people add their frustration with the issue there they'll notice and fix it faster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Ok, let's try this again. I wanted to say that I made a mistake yesterday by testing. I am due for my AF in about 3 days but had what felt like early symptoms. Well, big fat negative. Sometimes I think it is just in my head.

Lesson Learned....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Not that I want to encourage you to test like crazy, but I got a BFN before AF and then a BFP a week later, so you never know!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Many people who truly are pregnant get BFNs before AF is due.  The only reason we test that early is that EPT companies have invested billions of dollars in getting us to think we should.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hmm, good to know! But I think I am going to wait for AF, and then start trying when I am ovulating! Thanks, girls :) However, this was our first time without any b/c or condom, so the chances are very low.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

So last Saturday morning, I took a pg test because I was going into Boston with my girlfriends.  It was negative.  I was supposed to get AF yesterday and didnt so I took a test last night and it was positive!  We are so excited and I am nervous at the same time.  I am going to call and make dr. appt today.  This is going to be very hard keeping this a secret with the holidays coming up!