November 2012 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

November 2012 TTC

Best wishes in November, ladies!

AFM, PMSing like crazy, crying at marginally sappy commercials and feeling like a whale.  Smartly, DH has assurred me I don't LOOK like a whale, lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Re: November 2012 TTC

Kar, thanks for starting this up.  DH sounds very smart and loving.

Well the nurse just called and beta rose to 970!!! It almost tripled in 48 hours (doubling time of 32 hours). I can't believe it actually seems this is happening for me!  I go back Sunday for my 3rd and final beta then first OB ultrasound on the 13th.

Starting to think it really is twins!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad I'm not losing the farm. ;)  Congrats!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

SS, that's awesome! Will they know on 3rd if it's twins or do you have to wait until the 13th?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Kar- It's ok...commericals make me tear up...especially dog/cat ones.  Forget about it, I'm done!

SS- I am so excited about this!  Can't wait to hear if it's uno or dos!

TC- Are you out there? I think your beta or u/s is around the corner?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

SS--hooray for increasing betas!  I'm going to say it's still early to put a bet on twins--not bc I want to rain on joyful speculation, but I wouldn't want the expectation to be so strong that it would become disappointing to find a singleton pregnancy.  I will keep thinking about you as you go for one more draw and for an excellent u/s on the 13th!  We're rooting for you! =)  

WPP--betas are higher and increase faster for multiple pregnancies, but the ranges are so broad that it is hard to distinguish them from betas alone. At least that is my understanding...  BTW, how's it going with the medicated cycle?  Sorry the clinic gave you a hard time about the weekend call--that is completely ridiculous!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Great news, SS! Can't wait to hear if it's twins, though I'm sure you and your DH will be thrilled either way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Congrats SS, that's great!

As for me, I'm not terribly optimistic. Beta isn't until Sunday but I tested yesterday and today and got BFNs.  With DS, I tested positive just a week after the transfer.  With the pre-DS rounds, I tested positive just one day before the beta but the numbers were always low and the pg didn't last.  Not giving up yet but I'd be shocked if I end up pg this time around. Wish we had other frozen embies though, if this doesn't work, we need to start all over with a new donor.  Oh well- still so thankful for happy healthy DS that I really shouldn't complain.

Best of luck to everyone this month, hope it's a busy month with lots of BFPs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for all the congrats everyone!

tc - Don't give up yet.  A week after transfer is really really early.  I only got a very very very faint positive from POAS 2 days before beta (12dpo) and my beta was 3x the average.  So honestly I think its just too early to tell. 

Siena - Great explanation and that corresponds to everything I've read.  There is a correlation between higher betas/stronger doubling times and multiples, but its far from certain because of the huge variances.  So I'm speculating but not counting on it yet.

WPP - Hope everything is going well with your cycle.  They can't tell me for sure if its 1 or 2 until the 13th.

Honestly I don't know what I'm hoping for.  While twins are super exciting, I think if its just one super healthy bean I'd feel a sense of relief since having one baby is scary enough as a first timer :)  Guess I just have to wait and see.... and pray that whatever they see in there is healthy. 

It's odd but as ecstatic as I am I still feel like I'm a TTCer and don't feel "pregnant".  I just still have a hard time believing it may actually work out after seeing so many BFNs.  I'm also spending tomorrow attending all sorts of sessions on donor eggs and adoption at the Resolve conference.  It's amazing that when I signed up last month I was convinced I'd be taking one of those paths to parenthood.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks for the 101 on betas, siena :)

Tonight is my last clomid pill (they said to take it at bed time) and Monday morning I go back for another ultrasound (much easier to schedule this one!), where they'll tell me if DH and I can go for it. He's still disturbingly excited about sticking me with the ovidril needle. 

Tomorrow we have a family party that I'm looking forward to but also a little nervous about. SIL is into her second tri and this will be the first time everyone's together since she announced. I'm really hoping DH and I don't get any, "So how about you guys?" My plan is to have food in my mouth at all times so I can't talk. 

SS, your last post made me tear up! So happy for you that your parenting plans changed once again and you're going down this road :)

TC, good luck with your cycle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck TC.  Here is hoping for a bfp.

Great news SS!  The sessions may be more enjoyable since you are going pregnant! haha  I think this first trimester time can be super hard when you have been ttc'ing for a long time so hang in there!  Certainly your robust positives are great news!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Just got a call with the results- not pregnant. I'm not surprised but it's still disappointing. I had been hoping DS would have a sibling with the same genetic makeup (our prior egg donor can't donate again and these were the last embryos). Oh well, life goes on. I'll distract myself by starting my Christmas shopping- that usually cheers me up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry tc, so disappointing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

tc, I'm so sorry.  No matter how many BFNs we get, it never seems to get any easier.  Hope the upcoming holidays at least provide a great distraction.  Have you thought about what your next step is (sorry if too soon and don't feel you need to answer)?  Another donor?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

So sorry, Tc :(

I had my CD10 ultrasound today but there weren't any follicles large enough yet. Going back on Thursday and hoping we get the go-ahead for DH to inject me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Tc - I am so sorry.  I thought a bfn in the second try would not bother me much and was surprised to find myself very disappointed when it did not work with our initial second round. I know that this is even more of a loss for you b/c of the donor issue. I am not sure if you are planning to find another donor but taking some time to enjoy the holidays certainly seems like a good idea! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Sorry tc, that's a bummer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Thanks ladies.  Yes, we're definitely looking for a new donor. I started looking right away just because the whole process takes so long with the contracts, screening, etc. Plus with DS, it took 3 cycles to stay pg (one fresh, 2 frozen) so praying we don't go thru that again. Still, after he was born, all I could think was that it was all worth it, so if that's what it takes for #2, so be it. I'm thankful that we have this option.

Good luck tomorrow WPP. Hoping to see better news on here soon!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Tc - Right? Totally worth it.  And believe me when it is all said and done the TTC part becomes such a faded memory.  You soooo have the right attitude!! I talked to someone the other day who was considering donor.  She asked me if I still had any bitter feelings about all that I went through with TTC or any regrets.  Certainly not!  As you mention, one you have your little one the process will always seem worth it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

TC - I'm sorry this transfer didn't work out. I hope that you're able to find a new donor soon! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Well, I didn't know an ultrasound could go badly, but apparently it's possible. This is CD13 and the second u/s to check for follicles, but I don't have any remotely mature ones. They monitor up to CD16, and then throw the cycle out. I go back on Sunday (CD16) to check again but they're not hopeful about this one. So we probably don't even get the chance to do the trigger shot or *try* for this month because it's such a lost cause. 

Also, I'm really close to getting fired. I'm missing too much work and it's getting too difficult to move clients around. They were really unhappy when I called to tell them that I had to come in late this Sunday.

So there's that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Oh WPP, I'm so sorry. Have you told your boss you're dealing with some medical issues? If not, perhaps that would make her/him more understanding?

Re: clomid, I ovulated late on it, the first time on CD 21 and the second on CD 18 -- if you were going to ovulate late like that, would the follicles be mature yet since it's only CD 13? And for next time, could you take clomid without all of the ultrasounds and trigger shot and just see if it works on its own? Maybe that would get you out of harm's way as far as work is concerned, since you wouldn't be missing so much work. Just a thought!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm a longtime lurker and have found these boards and you ladies to be great resources these last few months while I was (obsessively) looking for information before TTC, and now that I have begun TTC.  My husband and I have been trying for about 2 months, so now seems like as good a time as any to throw myself into the mix. 

I wanted to take a "lets see what happens" approach to TTC, but am considering using an ovulation test kit for my next cycle as the lengths of my cycles have been really inconsistent (with a difference of as much as 10 days between the longest and shortest cycle for the last 8 months or so that I have been keeping track) so I fear we are completely missing my O days.  Has anyone had luck with the ClearBlue brand test kits?  I like the idea of a smiley face response instead of trying to interpret lines, but not sure if they would be as accurate.

Best of luck to everyone, WPP I hope you get some good news on Sunday!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Huge ((hugs)) for you WPP!!  I'm so sorry that the u/s didn't go well.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for a CD16 miracle.  And that majorly s*cks about work too.  Ugh. It might (or might not) help if you talk to your supervisor about why you need to keep reshuffling things.  I wish I could say something that would make it all better, but I know I can't.  So just know that we're rooting for you!

TC--I'm really sorry that the IVF cycle didn't work out.  I hope you find a wonderful new donor and have a quick success with the next round.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

WPP - So sorry about the u/s.  Can you make your appts really early?  I would be first in line for the 6:30 am u/s every time at Boston IVF and was really able to not miss any work that way.  Besides, what better way to wake up in the morning...not!