ob/gyn referral

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

ob/gyn referral

Hello,

I've been lurking on these boards for awhile and believe that it's time to join the group.  My husband and I are planning on beginning the TTC journey this year and I realize that it would help if I had an ob/gyn.  I currently have a PCP through Harvard Vanguard in Braintree and they have recommended that I go to their Quincy office.  Does anyone have a referral of anyone they've used there?  I don't know if this will help with the referral but I'm 37 y.o. with a family hx of high blood pressure.  (I'm not sure if I'd need someone who'd specialize in mature pregnancies). 

Thanks in Advance,
    Nene72

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: ob/gyn referral

I used to go to HV Quincy for gyn but switched when I got pregnant.  At the time, several MDs left the practice and they had the office split into 2 "teams" and you could only get in with one at the time.  It was a bizarre set up.  But, I was happy with them up until then, and my PCP is HV Quincy and I'm happy with them.  I ended up switching my ob to Atrius Womens Health in Weymouth.  They are affiliated with Harvard Vanguard, so all the records are centralized.  I see Dr. Kotch there, but got to know all the OBs and Dr. Chen delivered my baby in December.  I was VERY happy with Atrius and highly recommend them.  Also, HV Quincy delivers at the Brigham but Atrius delivers at South Shore.  Not sure if that factors in for you either way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Thank you for your help.  Since I live in Boston, I would want to deliver in Boston and I've decided to go with the Quincy practice.  I have an appointment next month with one of the certified midwives (last name Trueblood). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I believe I had a few appointments with her for regular gyno stuff and she was good.  I just met a friend of a friend today who just recently delivered at BWH with the HV Quincy group and she LOVED them.  Best of luck with the appointment.