October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

October 2011 - TTC

BFP!!  Holy crap BFP!  I don't even know how this is possible considering a few weeks ago I had a blood test that was negative and I've had "my period" for the past two weeks but two tests have now shown BFP!  I'm still having some bleeding so I put a call into my doctor (on a Sunday) so I've already become the crazy pregnant lady.

Considering last month's OPK as a pregnancy test discussion I will pass along this information... last Thursday I used an OPK strip to start testing for my surge and the test line was very dark and the control line was barely visible.  I figured it was an invalid test and moved on.  Yesterday I had the same result which started me thinking that maybe something was off.  This morning used an OPK first with the same result to used a cheap dip pregnancy test and BFP.  Freaked out, went to CVS and bought a digital test and there it was again: BFP!

Not sure how far along I am but hopefully will get in with the doctor tomorrow.  LMP was August 18th, negative blood work on September 19th and BFP on October 2nd.

Hoping this is a good month for all of us!  Now if the bleeding would just stop...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

Woo hoo, what a great start to the month!!!  Congrats and sticky thoughts to you, clc!!!!  The blood test should tell you how far along you are.  

And, by the way, my SIL had regular monthly bleeding the entire 9 months she was pg and had healthy fraternal twins (who are now 18).  She swears it was her period, and I don't argue with her despite that not being technically true, but that gives you an idea of how heavy it was..  And, there are so many people this is true for that they have that series "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" - monthly bleeding "just like my period" seems to be a common theme there, too.  You might just be one of those lucky gals. ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

CLC - you made my day.  I couldn't be happier.  Congratulations!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats CLC what a great surprise!!!!  So happy for you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Congrats, CLC!  Wishing you a sticky 9 months!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congratulations CLC! September really was your month, huh? I'm so excited for you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

congrats CLC! that is great!! keep us posted on the doctors visit!

I wanted to post after lurking for a while... I am coming back to the TTC (and hopefully pregnancy boards) following a hiatus in infants and toddlers world...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

congrats clc!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

luvR and Winter - GL as you get back on the horse...so to speak, lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks everyone, all your support really means a lot!  I'm headed to the GYN at 10:30 today and then will be going for bloodwork. Unfortunately the bleeding still hasn't stopped so I'm not sure what to expect.  Just trying to hope for the best.

Welcome back Winter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Yay CLC... keep us posted when you find out how far along you are.  How exciting to get such a surprise BFP.  

And good luck Winter!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Congratulations! What a great way to start a Monday!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats CLC, so excited for you! So I’ve been thinking of TTC for a while (and stalking this board) and now that we official passed our first anniversary together and our new house renovations are more under control DH officially ok’d going for it.  I was so excited I stopped taking bcp mid month (probably a no-no) and got AF about a week after I stopped taking it and am now on cycle day 6.  I read TCOYF front to back, have been taking my folic acid, and got an OPK.  So two questions… 1) what else should I be doing to prep?  Am I missing anything? And 2) can I start trying this month or should I wait another month to get the bcp more out of my system?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Just back from the GYN and was pretty much told to keep waiting.  I had blood drawn and should know tomorrow where my levels are.  If the levels are high enough I will be in for an ultrasound if not I will be doing a repeat blood draw on Wednesday to make sure they are climbing.  So the wait continues...

SSBride - welcome!  I would say you're pretty much doing everything right so far.  I don't think there is any reason to wait until next cycle so try away!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks CLC!  I asked the second question since my doctor mentioned that some researchers believe if you conceive the first month there may be a higher chance of miscarriage since your uterine lining may not be as normal?  But then said plenty of people get pregnant that first month and she's never personally seen issues.  Then other friends doctors have said to wait several months, while still others told them no need to wait.  So I'm just kind of confused.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

SSbride, there is no right or wrong answer.  Just follow your gut and go from there.  Good luck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, sorry you are dealing with this and for your loss.

It's confusing because no one really knows.  We tried again right away after our VERY early m/c (a week after the BFP) because it was more like a period than anything - what damage could that cause...none, I was betting.  But, I'd probably wait a bit if I'd needed a D&C.  If it happened somewhere in between "very early" and "needed D&C," though, I have no idea what we'd do.  Like you've found, everyone has a different answer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

SS bride- I was two months off BC and did fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks everyone, my gut is that its probably ok.  You here of people all the time that get preg while their still on the pill, or even keep taking it b/c they don't know.  Thanks for validating that I'm not being hasty though.  So excited to give it a go.

Kar - sorry if my post was confusing, I've never actually had a m/c just trying to avoid any higher risks of one if I can. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Next question... after 13 years on bcp (yikes) I have no idea how long my cycle will be.  What cycle day should I start using the OPK... got a pack of 20 to start (wishful thinking)? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, I skimmed your post and didn't read it correctly, embarrassingly enough.  Sorry, again...but happy to know all is well.

Time on BC is absolutely not correlated to how long it will take you to get back on track with your own cycle.  You can be on it a year and have it take 6 months or on it 13 years and have it take a month or two to get back to normal.  

That said, the first month I'd not bother with the strips.  Don't waste your effort (or money).  You can just have sex every 3rd day and catch it because sperm live 3 days; you'd always be covered.  If you get your first natural period within 35 days, then on month 2, I'd start testing on Day 9.  If it takes longer, I'd do method one another cycle and so on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I agree with Kar that you may want to wait on the OPK's for this month.  I had a normal first AF after coming off BC for 10 years and then my second cycle was 60 days.  You might want to wait it out a month or two. I think it's more important in the beginning to just monitor your cycle and see how long you're averaging.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Welcome, Winter :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

thanks nene... now you know why I have been lurking around more :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks ladies for all the info!