October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

SS, I agree with clc, spotting at random times is very common coming off of (and after starting) BCPs.  It should go away within a couple of cycles and does NOT mean that you can't get pg right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

SS, When I had mid cycle bleeding in my cycle's it meant that my body was getting redy to OV.  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tom, yes, a tiny bit of bleeding can occur when the follicle bursts and the egg is released.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks ladies, that makes me feel so much better!  Hopeful its actually a good sign.  Maybe I'll try to test with the OPK just in case.  In the meantime fingers crossed for it to stop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A tiny little bit might be from a follicle bursting.  But, a mini-period due to your hormones recalibrating post-BCP is not.  

However, take heart in knowing it's very likely to be neutral from a TTC perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

SS - I was a wreck coming off BCP. It took my body 2-3 full cycles to feel normal again. I had lots of weird cramps, spotting and just about every PMS symptom there is. It sounds like you might be going through something similar. The good news is that it does get better. (Or you'll get a BFP soon and it won't matter!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks, after having my body work like clockwork for the last 13 years, guess I'll just have to learn to expect the unexpected for a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

SS... good luck getting "back to normal."

Well, bad new... AF just showed.  But GREAT news is that was a 28 day cycle rather than a 46.  So I'm psyched about that!!  On to next cycle!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hi ladies- I am an avid reader but not a big poster. (How many of us are there out there???) So my TTC train is just leaving the station...I need to drain my flex spending account before the end of the year and it looks like preg. tests are one of the few OTC items I can buy. Any recommendations? Does it matter?  Thanks!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry about AF, IPW.  However a shorter cycle is something to celebrate!

Welcome, Miss Wolff!  I would say that it doesn't matter what pg tests you buy.  Go for the best prices so you get the most bang for your buck.  Although I will say that after receiving a BFP on one of the cheapy dip strips I bought one of the digital tests to confirm and there was nothing better than it saying "Pregnant". And DH was super impressed (he didn't believe the dip strips but that solidified it for him!).  Perhaps a special box of those might be a nice treat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

So I've tried to resist posting as an avid reader like MissWolf...but I have to put it somewhere that I got a BFP this past Sat, plus 2 more on Monday, a blood test yesterday...still in disbelief though. Was on BCP for close to 10 years and just stopped in August. +OPK on Sept 25/26 and here we are.

First dr. appt is Nov 4, a torturously long wait for a person who can't wait 5 minutes to begin with...I don't really have any symptoms other than some cramps and twinges here and there, a bit more tired, felt woozy last week around lunch time, and very hungry but little food appeals to me.

I guess I just need some reassurance and someone (besides DH) to tell me to relax and worry less. hCG level from yesterday was 432, putting me at 3-4 weeks. After asking Dr Google (I know, I know...) I've seen that the levels can range SO widely, so I shouldn't put a lot of stock into it, but I can't help it. My PCP didn't mention another round of bloodwork to follow up, so do I just assume things are going well, unless I run into any problems?

I still can't believe it was me that wrote all that...is this really true??Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Yeah, congrats Summer Bride!  Loving October so far!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

This is fun to have more lurkers stepping into the light - and with good news, too!  woo hoo!!  Congrats summer and welcome Miss Wolff! 

Sorry about AF IPW, but a shorter cycle is definitely good news.

clc - how are your b00bs feeling today?  lol

I bit the bullet today and called for my RE consult, and their next opening was ... (wait for it) ...  next week!  Eeek!  I have to print out the health history forms tonight, fill them out and fax them over tomorrow.  Probably should have been a little more specific when I texted DH that we both have an appt with a baby dr next week.  That's the fastest he's ever called me back! Oops, but I knew he wouldn't get it if I said the "RE".  Poor guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Congrats summer!  I also just went off BCP in August after...16 years?! Wow. Time flies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congratulations Summer! 

I feel like 3 BFPs in 2 weeks is a new record for this board! How exciting!

Miss Wolff - you're a genius! I think we're going to have quite a bit of our FSA left over this year too (knock on wood). Looks like I'm going to treat myself to some OPKs and POAS tests too. Prenatal vitamins are also approved. I'm planning to stock up on those as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats summerbride and welcome Misswolf!!

mw, I'd get the cheap strips from Amazon, and the key for them to be reliable is to wait until after you've actually missed your period before using them.  They ARE accurate, but they don't detect the teensiest amount of hCG in your urine that the pricey 6-day FR tests do.  That's the only difference.  A positive pg test is a positive pg test no matter how much it costs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

It's Christmas in October for TTC supplies! ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

MissWolf, I liked the cheap OPK strips from Amazon (actually found them easier to read than the ones I bought at CVS) but preferred the pharmacy pregnancy tests.  I just bought whatever was on sale. 

Summer, congratulations!  I think the best way to date the pregnancy is using the positive OPK date, not the hcg number.  I had an early ultrasound because of various problems and the date it came up with was exactly the same that I got from taking the date I saw the dark line on the OPK and adding 48 hours (i.e. dating from when I probably ovulated).  (In your case, it sounds like this would put you just over 4 weeks pregnant.) Meanwhile, my hcg numbers were kind of misleadingly high as to how far along I was, and it led to a lot of unnecessary confusion. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Summer - the absolute HCG number tells you very little as thistle mentioned.  Basically they should be able to see a sac with a beta of 2000.  I believe my betas were low in the beginniNg and then took off.  So 423 sounds like a fine number for 3-4 weeks pregnant so I wouldn't sweat the actual number.  If they recheck, it will be important to see if it is doubling every 2-3 days.  Of course, mine didn't do that either and everything seems fine at this time.

So, I would encourage you not to worry about your number. Sounds like you are on track.  Also, I obsessively looked at sites on the internet for both my pregnancies early on.  Totally self destructive (see how I learned nothing the first time around).  I feel like we should be able to put our brains on hold somewhere during the first trimester.  It is decidely unfun to worry all the time.  For someone who went through years of TTC, I am surprised I felt that way in the beginning. 

So, long-winded response - congrats on BFP!! 

Misswolf - welcome!  Certainly, does make me wonder how many lurkers are out there!  Come out, come out wherever you are! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Ha ha LIL!  NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I lurk only to silently cheer you all on!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I lurk :)

Summer, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just wanted to second LIL's comments to stay off the internet regarding pregnancy stuff. My SIL gave me that advice and I took it. The only insight and wisdom I got during my pregnancy was right here, and it was well balanced, reassuring, and more accurate than a random google search. It's possibly the best advice I received and I had a wonderful, happy pregnancy (at least in my own mind!)

Also, the crappier you feel (barfy and no appetite), the lower your risk of miscarriage (it's the hormones). That was a great comfort to me during the first trimester when I was worshipping the porcelin god full time. Eat what you can, I recommend the lemon Luna bars when you can't seem to eat anything else!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Nov - b00bs are still quite sore which feels great!  Thanks for asking ; )

Summer - I googled away when I got my beta results too.  They were over 2,000 so I was thinking I would be in the 6-7 week time frame but after an early ultrasound found out I was only 5 weeks along.  Damn google for giving us such large ranges.

Thinking of you today, Tomarra!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

I have a little bit of a cautionary on the "should see a gestational sac at 2000" thing--I had an early ultrasound when my HCG was about 5,000, and they could not see a thing.  Leading them to believe that my pregnancy was ectopic again.  Luckily they waited for the next beta before treating me for it, and that showed a normal rise, and then on the next ultrasound a week later they could see a sac--but I don't think the 2000=sac rule holds in all cases.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Oh I agree thistle.  I was coming from a different point.  I was trying to say don't be disappointed if there is no sack and the lower hcg because 2000 is usually the earliest it is seen.  Not to say that at 2000 there has to be a sac if that makes sense. Hope that clarifies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

At Walgreens this week First Response tests are on sale, $2 off.  Plus, they're selling the "3 for the price of 2" boxes at that price.  Each box has a 2$ off coupon in it for another set of POAS tests (plus a coupon for some OPK strips).  You could just buy one box of 3 and then use the coupons to buy more later if necessary.  These are the "test 6 days early" tests so they're pretty reliable. 

In Response to Re: October 2011 - TTC:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies- I am an avid reader but not a big poster. (How many of us are there out there???) So my TTC train is just leaving the station...I need to drain my flex spending account before the end of the year and it looks like preg. tests are one of the few OTC items I can buy. Any recommendations? Does it matter?  Thanks!!
    Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]