October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

"Holy crap" is an understatement, clc.  I'm soooooo happy and excited for you!  Sending super sticky thoughts your way, lady!!

You win my vote for Best Post to Start a Thread Ever with that one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Nov!  Heard back from the dr today and my beta was over 2,800.  I'm back in tomorrow for more blood work and then an ultrasound Thursday morning.  Hopefully everything continues to turn out okay; however, the bleeding continues.  I'm excited for now but fearful for what we'll learn on Thursday.

ETA: I'm already having to miss some work for all of these appointments.  My work is pretty great about giving time off for anything that we need but eventually they will get suspicious. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, I know it's unnerving, but bleeding is very common, and if you don't have a lot of cramps with it and your numbers are high (which they are), it's probably nothing.  Congrats on the great appointment and continued well wishes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

ML - good luck with your surgery (read it in the september thread)

Our ultrasound went great!!  The baby measured in at 7 1/2 weeks and had a good heartbeat.  It was so amazing to see and such a relief!! 

Going to call obgyn tomorrow (had ultrasound with RE).

Welcome SS and good luck starting TTC!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats CLC! 2800 sounds like a great beta! 

LLLE, great news about your ultrasound!

AFM, DH and I are hopefully closing on a house at the end of the month. We've been looking for over 6 months now. This one bedroom condo just isn't cutting it anymore! We did have a little talk over the weekend about putting off TTC until the new year so we have a chance to settle into the house and figure out our finances. I think it's the right thing to do at this point. Here's hoping for a fun Valentine's Day! Wink

I hope everyone else is doing well!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

CLC- not too familiar with betas... but that sounds like a great number!  Stay positive for Thursday, sounds like all is well.  And LLLE, what a wonderful u/s.  Amazing those little hearts beating away...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanking God for all the new little heartbeats around here!  Miracles, every one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats on the great u/s, LLLE!  How exciting to be able to see the little heartbeat.

Chiclet - Congrats on the upcoming house purchase!  Such an exciting event and at the same time totally stressful and exhausting.  Feel free to stick around with us even though you've put TTC on hold!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

CONGRATS, clc!! So happy for you! And, your beta is amazing! So exciting...can't wait to hear about tomorrow's appointment.

And LLLE, so happy to hear about your LO's healthy heartbeat!

tomarra, how are you doing? How did your IUI go? Fingers crossed!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I've been MIA for a bit b/c I was locked out of my account, weirdly enough. Things are still moving along nicely - I hit 13 weeks, so I'm officially in the second trimester! Hard to believe. I'm still barely showing and having virtually no symptoms, so I'm really looking forward to seeing more of a bump. Had a good NT scan last week, though, so we're very excited!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Yay CLC and LLLE!  Great news.

My little bean is trying to give me a heart attack.  I had some spotting and cramping yesterday.  U/S today was perfect with HR of 156 and like you LLLE I am just about at 8 weeks. 

Nice to hear you are going well Tang.  I already have a little belly at 8 weeks.  How about you LLLE?   Is it just the second time around thing?

Good luck tomorrow CLC on your u/s!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have a lifelong friend who was very slender and petite who actually could wear her unaltered jeans when she was 7 MONTHS pregnant.  I don't think she ever wore maternity, just looser things those last 2 months.  She had a healthy, full term, 7 lb+ baby.  Strangest thing I've ever seen - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't see it myself.  WHERE was the BABY tucked?!  She actually wore her unaltered, trumpet-style (white) prom dress for her wedding dress (I was in the wedding), and she was 7 months pregnant at the time.  

So, showing at 13 weeks isn't always a given!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry to vent but I went this morning and repeated my blood test so they can make sure my beta is rising and the place was busy so it took an hour.  Now I just received a call from the lab that my blood was put into the wrong container and now is unusable and I need to head back to have more drawn. I'm lucky my boss is out today but others are definitely noticing that I keep "running errands" mid-day.  Also, it doesn't help that I'm pretty afraid of needles so twice in one day is torture.

Also, sorry I'm turning this into the CLC-show.  I swear after tomorrow I'll calm down Innocent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That stinks!  You're already trying to explain the appointments; you definitely don't need one that should have been unnecessary.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, that really stinks!  You should demand to have your blood results STAT! Here is hoping your numbers are doubling!

Tan, It's great hearing from and I'm glad your are moving smoothly through your PG.  My IUI went well and now I just trying to remain patient.  The 2ww really does suck!

Thinking of all you ladies and wishing you the best!

I also wanted to add that I have been using this phone app. called "menstrual calendar" for those of you who might be interested. I have been using it for over a year to log in my cycle data.  It's easy to use and it's been very accurate even with my crazy (sometines long) cycles.  After logged in my information for three cycles it would accurately predict when I would OV and when AF would show.  I love it because it takes the guess work out of it.  If you enter your temperatures it will gragh it and it's pass word protected too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

So happy to hear all the great updates Tang, LLLE and Lil!
    Tomarra - fingers crossed for you!
    CLC - They probably aren't noticing you ducking out as much as you think.  GL with the repeat draw. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Thanks everyone!

Tang - congrats on 13 weeks it is such a relief to hit that second trimester!

LIL - so glad your u/s went well...did you have any spotting today?  To answer your question at night I feel like I have a little belly going but I never lost about 10lbs so I am sure that doesn't help! 

Good luck tomorrow CLC - that totally stinks about the bloodwork.

chiclet - good luck with the house purchase!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

LIL - I recall spotting around 9-10 weeks, which totally freaked me out.  I was able to get an u/s appointment and they told me that time is when the placenta is implanting and it very often causes spotting.  Would have been fabulous had they told me that before!!  So hoping that is what your spotting is all about!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, spotting is very, very common.  As long as it's not accompanied by severe cramps it's probably OK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tang - 13 weeks, congratulations!! 

Good luck in the 2ww Tomarra, hoping this is your round!

AFM, just got back from my first ultrasound.  I'm measuring 5 weeks and there is a visible sac but no clear heartbeat yet. The doctor thought he could see "an echo" but couldn't be sure that it was the heartbeat.  Overall if was very positive and I head back on the 17th for another look for the heartbeat.  I have a meeting with my GYN this afternoon to go over my blood test results and talk about the next steps.  So far so good, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

That's great news clc!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Great news CLC!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, congrats, clc!!!  I've never heard of being able to hear a heartbeat before 6 weeks so I hope that's not causing you any concern.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks all, I'm actually feeling pretty good about things now (knock on wood!).  The bleeding has pretty much stopped and is very dark brown in color (sorry TMI) and no cramping so far.  Also the pregnancy symptoms just keep coming which is very reassuring.  Although about 200 times a day I can be found in my office feeling myself up to make sure my breasts are still sore!  Now just patiently waiting until next week for our next ultrasound.

The doctor did tell me to limit my activity to awhile just to make sure everything sticks.  So besides walking in and out of the office he asked me to sit around and relax. Which works for me for now but eventually I need to get moving again.  Hopefully after next week I will get the go ahead to be a little more active.

Tomarra, how are you feeling post IUI? Nov, how about you?  Sending the rest of you lots of positive thoughts!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lol, about the breast tenderness checks, clc!!   You're adorable. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I fine but I had a bit of a meltdown on Saturday.  I was shopping for a birthday card for DH and I having a hard time finding a card that didn't mention "having or raising a family together".  Pretty pathetic...huh!  I cannot test until this friday so I just patiently waiting to see what happens.