October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

In Response to Re: October 2011 - TTC:
    [QUOTE]I fine but I had a bit of a meltdown on Saturday.  I was shopping for a birthday card for DH and I having a hard time finding a card that didn't mention "having or raising a family together".  Pretty pathetic...huh!  I cannot test until this friday so I just patiently waiting to see what happens.
    Posted by tomarra[/QUOTE]

Tomarra, I don't think that's pathetic at all and I'm sure it must have been very hard for you.  You and your DH will be in my prayers.  Also, happy birthday to your DH!  Hopefully you were able to relax and celebrate the rest of the weekend. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've found certain card stores to carry different biases for cards.  For instance, I look for Christian ones, and some stores have 2 token "religious" cards and others have whole sections marked with crosses.  Maybe that store's card selector/buyer is biased toward couples definitely raising children.  Next time, try another store - I bet not so many of them will be "raising kids with you" based somewhere else.  Walmart, of all places, has what I think are fabulous cards and a wide variety of family situations represented.  Well, that's true of the Gardner one, anyway.

ETA:  Actually, if a huge percentage of husband birthday cards had the children sentiment (why?) I'd bring it up with the manager.  I'm sure they are just choosing to carry what they think are "perfect," without thinking that there are many couples to whom that doesn't apply.  Even empty nesters wouldn't want those.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning TTCers.

Tomarra - there's nothing pathetic at all about breaking down.  They are your emotions and you cannot ever be wrong about how you feel. You are going through so much right now - try not to be too hard on yourself.  I hope you and DH had a fun weekend, and I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way this week.  Friday will be here before you know it!

CLC - you are funny. Squeeze away sister - just be sure to close the door first.  If you thought running midday errands looked suspicious, imagine what scutlebutt a gropefest would cause!

AFM - I'm moving right along through another cycle and have a few more days before I start testing for the surge.  My PCP gave me the go ahead to make an appointment with RSC New England, since I am coming up on the one-year mark.  I just haven't mustered the courage to make the call yet.  Did anyone here go there? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, my new GYN was booked 2 months out for regular annual exams so if you want to see a practitioner there at or near the year mark I'd push down the nerves and make the call sooner rather than later.  I wouldn't want you to decide, "OK, I'm READY!" and then have to wait 2 more months to get seen.  I don't have experience with that office, but at the very least, you can call and ask the receptionist how long it will be before their first available appointment without giving your name or anything if you're not ready to actually make an appointment.  GL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceangirl503. Show oceangirl503's posts

November - I think there are a few difference offices.  I went to the one in Lexington and was really happy about how thorough they were.  I saw Dr. Carla DiGirolamo and I recommend her.  It took a few weeks to get an appointment and then I went through about three months of tests before they ultimately decided to set me up with an appointment for an IUI after not being able to diagnose my problem.  They move fast and try to rule everything out before you get started but once they have exhausted all options, they dive right in. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Well, I got a BFP yesterday! I'm still digesting it all and wasn't sure if I should even write (feels strange even typing it!). I tested early on Friday (I was going out for a drink and wanted to see if anything was there). Negative. On Saturday I had a bit of spotting but it never developed into anything else. Felt a bit tight in the abdomen on Sunday but waited things out - it was my day to get AF. Monday a.m. I tested and got the positive. Still can't believe it. DH was super-cute all day yesterday. I am so glad that we had the day off together and that I didn't have to run off to work.

Just made my doctor's appointments for the 6 week and the 8-10 week visit. I am trying to be really relaxed about things so that stress doesn't impact anything. Now, I have to come up with excused for being late twice in the upcoming weeks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks for the info ocean.  I'll be going to Lexington, too.  Do you know if they do early AM or late PM appointments?  Its a little bit of a hike from work, but its the closest of all their locations.

Good point, too, Kar.  I know it'll be a while before I actually get in there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats JC! I'm excited for you.

CLC - sounds like there's really a baby in there! Your posts are cracking me up!

Tom - I have a hard time getting cards for DH too. The majority are about a lifetime together and raising a family. I try to get the "simply stated" cards and write my own sentiment. I can completely understand your being upset. On the plus side, I hope you had fun celebrating his birthday!

I hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM - the packing continues. Did anyone else notice that buying a house makes you talk about babies a lot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats, JC!  It's only the 11th and already a good month for the TTC boards.  Who's next?!?

Nov, I'll be careful to grope in private ;)

Chiclet - ugh packing is the worst!  House buying brings up tons of baby discussions and concerns.  When we bought our new house I referred to the upstairs spare bedroom as a nursery which totally freaked out my MIL.  It was awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats JC!  I didn't see your post until after I posted.  That's awesome that you and DH had yesterday to enjoy the BFP. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceangirl503. Show oceangirl503's posts

I think the earliest I could get was 9:00am for the first consultation.  After that, they try and work with you to get your lab work done at a lab closest to you and arrange for a courier to bring the samples back to the lab in Lexington.  But if you do have to do lab work at the lab in Lexington, I think they open around 6:30/7 for tests.  It's definitely hard to hide from work, so a couple times I just took the morning or day off and didn't bother mentioning the fact that I had a doctor's appointment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, JC - how did I miss your BFP post?!  YAY!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Thanks, everyone! Thinking good thoughts for everyone here, too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Congrats, JC!! Seriously, October is looking good for TTC so far! (all those round pumpkins and ripening leaves, perhaps? :)

Clc, so happy for you. How are you feeling? I'm glad to hear the bleeding has slowed, and I'm excited to hear about your ultrasound.

Nov, that's great that you have the referral if you want/need it. It sounds like you're good to go with RSC New England - but just in case you're still considering other options, if you use or are covered for Harvard Vanguard - I can't speak highly enough of my RE there. She works out of their Quincy, Kenmore, and I think Burlington (or maybe Wellesley) offices, and she's just fantastic. The appointments and lab work through HVMA were seamless, too. If you're still "shopping" and interested, I'd be happy to give you her name and info.

Tom, everyone's right in saying there's no shame in emotional breakdowns! I sure had a few (dozen? hundred?) of them myself. I am SO hopeful for you this cycle and my fingers are tightly crossed for Friday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

p.s. clc, I forgot to mention that I was constantly feeling myself up for weeks after bfp!! Don't freak if the tenderness/soreness starts to wane after several weeks, though. I got a little nervous when it happened to me, but apparently it's normal. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for the heads up, Tang.  That would definitely worry me because that's the only constant symptom I've had.  I've also gone up a cup size already, woohoo!  Although going from A to B isn't all the much to get excited about but I'll take it!  Other than that I've been feeling pretty good.  Definitely more tired than I was before, in bed before 10pm most nights now, but that's something I can handle. 

How about you, getting the second-tri rush of energy?

Half way through the week ladies - thinking of you Tomarra!

Nov, that's great that your doctor referred you to the RE, I mean it would be better if that wasn't necessary, but at least now you can take some additional action if and when you want to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Nov, I know someone else recommended her but I had a horrible experience with Dr. DiGirolamo at RSC.  Maybe she was having an off day or maybe I should've somehow known what high FSH really meant but she basically told me and DH that with my high FSH I had basically no chance of conceiving even with IVF and that our best bet was a donor egg and, really, it's just like having your own baby (her exact words).  Ultimately she was right (I'm pg and we did go donor route) but she delivered this message like it wasn't news that was going to rip my heart out- she basically couldn't have been less feeling. I went to Boston IVF after that experience and was very happy with my dr there (Dr. Bayer). The prognosis was the same but the bedside manner couldn't have been more different. Best of luck wherever you go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Tc - How funny that Dr. Bayer is my doctor too!  He is very sweet.  We have boosted his frozen donor numbers. :)

Congrats on the u/s CLC and congratulations on the BFP JC.  Great news.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all in the 2 ww.

I have graduated to OB and have my first appt tomorrow at 9 weeks.  They are doing an u/s and I didn't bother mentioning that I have already had two!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Lil, that's so funny that we have the same doctor!  My friend recommended him and she is also currently pregnant (due a few weeks after me) courtesy of a donor. Dr. Bayer is great, just such a nice man and clearly good at what he does :)  Congrats on graduating to the OB, I'm so happy for you.

Best of luck to everyone this month- hope to see more good news!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011 - TTC:
    [QUOTE]Half way through the week ladies - thinking of you Tomarra! Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

Can I have "baby brain" this early?  I definitely thought yesterday was Wednesday. Ugh... almost half way through the week ladies...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, Luck and clc, I’m so happy to see that your progressing through pg well.

clc, We all have our days!

JC, Congrats!

Nov, even though RE was always a plan B for us, we still were taken aback when we got the referral.  Just know when dealing with RE office it’s you guys that made the decisions and not them.  Good luck in finding the right RE for you.  Maybe this cycle will be successful and that this will be a distant memory!

Ladies thank you so much for your birthday and well wishes. DH had a wonderful birthday and we were able to enjoy the weekend.  I’m not that hopeful about this cycle but as DH reminds me it’s not over until AF shows. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good to know tc.  My dr also suggested Boston IVF (Waltham I think is the closest for me).  She said whichever is more convenient.  Like anything, I'm sure its a matter of what personalities match, but I'm glad I have you girls for opinions before hand.

Tang, thx for your rec too, but I have Tufts insurance.  Speaking of...the initial RE consult and testing are covered, right?  Or do you need them to diagnose you with something before it kicks in?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

All of my testing was covered but I had a small co-payment for the trigger shot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats JC!  And to all the ladies with great news this month.

Ok, so I’m totally stumped.  I’m on day 16 after stopping bcp and discovered this morning I’m bleeding again.  Is this really strange?  I’ve been doing the temping thing and my temp never rose so I don’t think I ovulated (plus my last AF only stopped 10 days ago)…. Can you even get AF if you don’t ovulate?  I’m totally confused.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

SS - it's possible that it's mid-cycle bleeding.  I saw that for a few months after coming of BCP.  Mine usually only lasted two-three days and wasn't as heavy as AF.  Perhaps that could be what you're experiencing?  It could also be that your body is just adjusting to coming off BCP and will need a month or two to figure out your new schedule.  I feel your pain though, no one wants to bleed all cycle!

Sections
Shortcuts