October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

Awsome, thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

So how common is it to have few or no symptoms going into week 5? I find myself increasingly paranoid each day that I feel mostly normal. Especially when I read that the sicker you are the lower the chance of MC supposedly is...it just makes me more worried that I don't feel much different.

How am I supposed to make it til Nov 4 and not go completely crazy wanting to know everything is on track??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very common.  Try not to worry and enjoy feeling well.  It could hit you at any time or not at all.

I was going to say my doc said there was no correlation to symptoms and m/c risk, but that was a long time ago - maybe there's new research out there, I don't know.

ETA:  By the way, I had symptoms almost impossibly early, at about 3 weeks.  I took a pg test because I was dizzy, nauseous, and was drugged-like sleepy - I couldn't hold my head up and was afraid to drive to the store.  BFP.  Then, I m/c'd at Week 4; it was so early they called it a "chemical pregnancy."  So, having symptoms is no guarantee.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Summer - Dollar Tree sells dip PG tests.  If it would give you peace of mind, for a few bucks, you could test to confirm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Thanks ladies...I fear you'll all be reading my worried posts at least for a while. It helps to have somewhere to go when we haven't told anyone yet!

ETA: and when I don't want to call my Dr. 1000 times a week...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think as long as you don't have severe cramps and a lot of bleeding (like a period) you're OK before your first appointment because when things go wrong that early the body takes care of things by itself...and you can't miss it.

But, never fear asking questions - you've got to get a sanity check somewhere before you "tell," and we're more than happy to be there! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Summer-Don't worry, the symptoms will most likely start cropping up fairly soon.  I think that both times I tested postive, I started feeling tired around week 5.  But, if you don't have any symptoms don't worry about that either and count yourself as lucky! 

FWIW, I had a m/c with my second pregnancy around 9 weeks and Kar is right you will not miss it. 

Good luck & Congrats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Summer - Please disregard what I said, I am sure people, nurses included, told me I had a lower risk of miscarriage just to make me feel better ...I was so sick I had to be hospitalized for dehydration and had an IV backpack for a few weeks.

That said, week 5 was easy, by week 7 I was in bad shape.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've read that week 6 is the time that many women start experiencing pg symptoms if they are going to...not everyone does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

for those of you guys working on your second (or third...) did you have a harder time coping with the TTC process? I feel like I am on such a clock now, not wanting there to be too much distance between kids.... I was a lot more relaxed the first time (but we also got pregnant really fast last time, so maybe that is it?)

Summer- I was one of those with few symptoms and my first pg went fine. I actually POAS to prove that I wasn't pregnant (when my period was two weeks late) because I wanted to drink at a dinner party. thank goodness I tested! I was really tired and a little nauseated- with tenderness in the girls, and that was really it my whole first trimester (and 5 pounds, but that was me, not the baby). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

summer, I felt weirdly the same until about week 6-7, then OMG I felt horrible! Hoping you escape with only mild to no symptoms.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Hi Winter.  I'm not currently TTC, just a lurker on these boards.  But yes, I think we are in the same boat.  DD is 15 months and got pg with her on the first try.  I feel sometimes that my clock is ticking (hitting the big "35" this year) as well as the age-difference clock.  We want 2 kids and don't want a big age difference.  Not sure what the TTC cards will hold for us when we pull the goalie (which will probably be soon-ish) - yikes. 

As for pg symptoms, I never had any early on.  I had implantation bleeding and never thought I could be pg.  I tested around week 7 and was astonished and shocked - and happy of course.  The only real symptom I ever had was extreme exhaustion, but that didn't happen until weeks 8-14.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I think with symptoms it really is different for everyone.  Plus, sometimes it can differ between pregnancies, from what I've heard from relatives/friends with more than 1.  I personally was extremely sick with my DD, from 5.5weeks on through 12.  Plus I was really, really exhausted.  I had a lot of trouble with sciatica in the second trimester but then my the third I was huge but ok.  Both my SILs had almost no nausea with their healthy pregnancies but they struggled with general discomfort in the 3rd trimester while I felt great (well, as big as a boat, but still seaworthy). 

If you're not having symptoms, just try to relax and enjoy it (I know, easier to say than to do!). 
    I was super thirsty with my DD too.  I was worried I had gestational diabetes, actually, because I was so ridiciulously parched all the time. I wasn't but it had me worried.  But that symptom started almost with conception.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Hi frequent reader here as well and sometimes poster (was austengirl for my first ds and wedding).  5 weeks with my second and I am nauseous, dizzy and weak almost 100 % of the time right now.  With my first, I had severe cramping the first couple weeks then would have a bad wave of nausea but it would hit hard then go away and I would be good for most of the day, only threw up once.  Plus the nausea I had did not start till week 8-ish.  Pregnancy to pregnancy can be different and symptomless pregnancies can be healthy pregnancies.  GL to all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

OMG Austen, congratulations! Good to "see" you again!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Congrats Austen! Winter, I was actually just commenting to my SIL the opposite. I am so relaxed about # 2 for some reason. I was so nervous the first time that it would never happen, month after month getting so emotional every AF or BFN (6 total months TTC and got PG 5 days after my HSG on 7th month) I just turned 37 and DS turned 1 this month, but for now, I'm feeling oddly calm. I'll comment back 4 months in and we'll see how I'm feelig then :-). Now, am I panicking about the decision to try for #2, now that's another story! My nasuea was 6-10 weeks, and I needed to eat constantly to avoid getting sick. But weeks 4 and 5 there was totally nothing. Came on like a truck. But, my cousin who just had her first would have still been taking poas tests if the baby didn't eventually start kicking - she was completely symptom-less.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats Austen!  Sorry Summer not able to give any advice but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. 

So it definitely turned out to be a 5 day visit from AF.  If I'm tracking my cycles, does that mean I'm now on the next cycle?  and my first cycle off bcp was only 16 days?  Is that really strange?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats and great to see you, again, Austin!!

SS, your cycles may be messed up awhile, but yes, count the first day of your 5 day period (or at least the first day of red blood) as Cycle Day 1 of your next cycle.  If you're using ovulation strips, start testing on Day 8 (not recommended unless you're using the cheap dip ones because you could be doing it every afternoon for 3 weeks since your body is still adjusting to being off BCP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Welcome back Austen and congrats on your recent BFP.

AFM, ultrasound was yesterday and we were able to see the heartbeat!  I'm measuring 6w 5d and due June 7th.  It was amazing to see that little heartbeat (147 bpm)!

We told my family last night and will tell his this weekend.  Besides telling a few close friends we will wait to make a big announcement to the extended families for several weeks.  My grandmother actually turns 85 on November 3rd so we will be telling her then!

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and support over the last few weeks.  Having you ladies has been a lifesaver!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat, clc!  147, nice and strong. :)

What a great birthday present for Grandma!

Word to the wise, if you tell as many people as you're going to now, the extended family will find out before you think they will.  If that's OK with you, that's fine, but if it's not, you might want to shrink the circle of folks you tell earlier than you want everyone else to know considerably.  The more people who know earlier than you want the whole family to know the more chances of mistaken spilling of the beans there will be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats clc!  That's such amazing news and I'm sure it must be such a relief to feel more comfortable telling people.

Thanks for the response Kar. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just so you know, I'm not discouraging you from sharing, just alerting you to the (probably obvious) idea that the more people there are who know, the higher the chance a slip will be made.  "Oh, sorry..." doesn't put the cat back in the bag.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Such happy heartbeat news, clc!  Great timing for maternity leave, too!  Have fun telling your family and friends.

Congrats Austen.

tomarra - how are you doing?  Thinking of you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Hello ladies!  This forum seems to be blooming with exciting news.  Wishing you all the best.

Nov, Have you met with the RE yet? Thinking of you too.

AFM, we have started our journey towards the IVF.  I went for 3 day blood work on Sunday and received my IVF package.  I have to be honest it was a bit nerve racking to read all the details that go into IVF.  I also went in yesterday for the hysteroscopy (and mock transfer) and I hope I never have to do the hysteroscopy again.  Then some more blood work but the good news is that FSH is at 5…not bad for someone turning 35 in May. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Very respectable FSH tomarra! :)  good news!  I thought that IVF was going to be more of a pain than it was.  I was SOOOO worried about the egg retrieval and I ended up really enjoying those days.  I liked the anesthesia and having to rest during the day and taking the day off of work.  I might just be twisted though...