October 2011 - TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011 - TTC

I'm betting that even with your hyper vigalent crowd, you can fake it with soda in a wine glass, plain punch in a punch glass, etc.  If you drink out of a dark beer bottle, perfect - it could have pure water in it and it would look just like beer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You either are pg or you aren't; acting 'as if I'm pg' for the 2ww, to me, seems overdoing it.  It takes the average couple up to a year to get pg, assuming you have no other issues or health risks. I don't think the 1.5 or so years it took us to get pg the first time was excessively long, though it did feel so at the time.  After 6 months of  trying, limiting what I ate or drank every 2 weeks became a royal PITA. If it makes you feel safer or like you are being proactive somehow to deprive yourself of things you have for 2 other weeks of the month, then by all means do so.  I am aware of the NSAID research.  However, if you have chronic pain, taking NASAIDs a needed is a choice you can make. Research or not, I will continue to do so until I get an actual BFP.  Taking them makes a massive difference when my pain is such that I need them.  I make the same decision re the asthma medication I take. You need to weigh the pros and cons for anything. 

Those sound like some seriously nosy friends. I forget what I'M rinking unless I smell my glass half the time.  So keeping track of what others are eating or drinking is just beyond my comprehension.

Our TTC was on hold for 6 months so they could do a possible breast cancer  test follow up.  I just came from that appt and I supposedly have the green light. However, I still have my doubts since they didn't seem to be aware that I had films sent in from another hospital where I had the same tests run 2 years ago. Argh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Welcome to all the new faces around here! 

ALF - I'm happy to hear that your cancer screens came back ok. What a relief!

So.. I'm on CD 34. This is my longest cycle ever. I got a BFN on Saturday and I really don't think there's much chance that it's wrong, I'm just not sure why AF is taking so long to get here. I'm telling myself that it has to do with all the stress with buying the house and moving. We're closing on Thursday. The EPT box said to test in 3 days and then call the doctor, so I guess that's what I'll do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, ALF, on the 6 month all clear report!  But, I thought the whole point of getting them done in 6 months was to compare the ones from 6 months ago to note any changes with specific areas they noted in the first exam?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yeah, that's what I  thought too. I need to scheudule a pap so I'm going to bring it up then.  I think they compared it to the ones I had run 6 months ago, since I had to wait while the radiologist read the films.  Sometimes I wonder if drs even consider that they aren't just 'running a routine test' and don't just go through the motions, but actually pay attention to what they are doing b/c someone's life could be dramatically affected by them paying more attention to their want to go to lunch than to what they are doing w/ the test.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had a very uneasy feeling with my mammo results, too.  The radiologist was very obviously in a HUGE hurry to leave for the day, and I wondered if he rushed over my films.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Welcome back Siena.  I wish you the best of luck!

Personally, I drank during the 2ww but made sure that I didn't go overboard.  My friends were definitely watching over what I drank and how much.  It can be a little stressful at times.  I actually had this happen a few weeks ago and I carried around a drink all night and occasionally would bring it into the bathroom and pour some out.  As long as I was constantly holding something everyone seemed to leave me alone.  It helped that I was the DD so there wasn't a lot of pressure for me to have more than one or two drinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

As for the drinking, seltzer and cranberry can very easily be a Vodka and Soda with a splash of Cranberry.  An easy drink to fake whether at a bar or a party (if at a bar, just ask for it to look like a "real" one)  I have to do this all the time for work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

I not only had a drink or two during my 2ww with both pregnancies, I also had a glass of wine now and then.  It is all about your comfort level. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thank you everyone for responding.  I will check out the strips if we dont concieve this month!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Ugh, I’m thinking there’s no hope for this cycle and I’m still all messed up from the bcp.  I got the smiley face for a couple of days and got all excited, then had a temp rise for 1 day, but this morning my temp was low.  That’s a bad thing right?  I think that temp is supposed to stay high for about 2 weeks after right? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

This is what I found on Fertility Friend....

By the time you see a thermal shift on your chart, it is usually too late to conceive that cycle. Ovulation occurs on the day before your temperature rises. The best times to have intercourse are the few days before you see a thermal shift on your chart. A single rise, however, does not always mean that you have ovulated. You need to see a clear and sustained rise to confirm ovulation, so do not stop having intercourse until you see several elevated temperatures and ovulation is confirmed.

In Response to Re: October 2011 - TTC:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, I’m thinking there’s no hope for this cycle and I’m still all messed up from the bcp.   I got the smiley face for a couple of days and got all excited, then had a temp rise for 1 day, but this morning my temp was low.   That’s a bad thing right?   I think that temp is supposed to stay high for about 2 weeks after right?  
    Posted by SSBride09[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

SS, just keep on BD-ing every other day and you should be covered.  I found that it takes 3 to 4 months of temping, charting, and OPKs to figure out my cycles.  Try not to stress although easier said than done.  I also found useing the app "menstrual calendar" a useful tool to track my cycles.  I didn't use Fertility friend because I feared it may get linked to my face book page.

Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Even if you time things perfectly, you still have a statistically low chance of getting pg any cycle. In otherwords, you could be charting, temping, etc and bding perfectly and have it perfectly timed, but you still don't get pg.  So don't think it's YOU or that you have done something wrong. It's still a crapshoot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks ladies.  Never thought this process would be so confusing. 

I'm mostly bummed b/c I agreed with DH we wouldn't try in Nov and Dec since the due date would be right on top of my SIL's Sept wedding.  It was wishful thinking that my cycle would normalize in a month.  Oh well, hopefully it will be relatively normal by Jan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry about being on the bench for the next two months, SS.  If I were you I would still use the OPK's so that you can get a better feel for when your O is.

Also, not sure if this really helped me but the cycle that I got pg was the first cycle I used Mucinex.  No clue if it's related but thought I would throw it out there for all of the new TTCers. I would say it was worth the $9 I shelled out for a bottle of the generic brand,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Temping is the hardest tool to use imo because it's an indicator that it just happened.  The only way it's useful is if you chart for long enough to determine your monthly pattern of ovulation, not month by month to know when you should BD based on your temp that month.  If you have an irregular cycle, temping is a complete waste of time because all you'll figure out is an average.  Well, if your deviation is +/- 5 to 10 days, what's your average ovulation day going to get you?  Nothin'.   In fact, you get data that you should throw out once your cycle normalizes.  Your random ovulation results you get from temping now are not going to helpful data points going forward once you even out.

Who it is useful for is women who have a constant number of days per cycle, say 30 days.  It's useful for her because she might not ovulate on day 15 just because her cycle is 30 days.  Her temp chart would reveal, for instance, that she ovulates on day 12 (indicated by a rise every month on day 13).  That woman, if she didn't temp, might miss her ovulation window (day 12- 13) if she didn't chart because the egg would be dead by the time she BD'd.

So, if you are charting before your cycle evens out you're wasting your time other than getting in the habit of doing it every day.  That's worth something, I guess.

Before your cycle evens out, your best bet is to use the cheap ovulation strips pretty much every day other than during your period.  Big fat pain?  Yes.  But, the only way you're going to know when you ovulate before it happens.

And, like ALF said, even if you do time it perfectly and have egg and sperm mingling, there's still a pretty small chance that that's your month, anyway.  And, the older you are, the less chance there is per month.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

kar, i think temping is useful for one more reason than you say, and that is to prove you are ovulating.  i had irregular cycles, but due to temping i knew that i did in fact ovulate each cycle, which helped me in my dealings w/ the RE, and also helped me in terms of understanding what was going on w/ my cycle... that combined w/ reading TCOYF!  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Happy halloween, Nov!

How did everyone do in the storm? We are on the Cape and lost power all day yesterday but thank god no snow!!

ETA: Weird that this post shows up before Nov's post.  I definitely posted in response to you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Halloween, Ladies!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Posts have been out of order on other threads too, clc.  Some computers are using the old daylights savings time, I believe.