October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

October TTC

Happy October! Hoping that this month we'll see a mass exodus from this thread... Prill, tomarra, wedoct09, CookieM (and any other IF/RE peeps that I'm forgetting) – I'm thinking of you and hoping that all is well with you.

AFM, I'm hanging out in the 2ww on my first clomid cycle, and trying to stay optimistic. All the big, round, heavy pumpkins that are ubiquitous this time of year must have some kind of fertility mojo, right? Right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October TTC

I'm hoping for pumpkin mojo - we have the patio decorated with big, gorgeous pumpkins we grew (and by "we," I mean DH).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

Hi Girls

I'm completely new to these boards but I have enjoyed reading all of your stories.  My DH and I have just started TTC last month - I can already tell it's going to be an emotional roller coaster.  I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all luck this month!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Kar - we used a donor pumpkin.  I couldn't resist a little TTC humor. :)
    Hope this is a great month for everyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhh, lil, that was a good one! LOL

Welcome, Fallgrl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I just had to send the most bizarre email.  I got an email from our property manager asking a question, and she included a question asking when our baby was due.  I had to tell her I was pg back in the spring b/c they were spraying for termites and I needed to know if I needed to take any precautions, etc.  I just emailed her that we lost the baby way back in the spring but not to feel bad about mentioning it.  Now I feel awful b/c I know she is going to super embarassed.  Oh well. I guess this is a good reason NOT to tell people till you are securely in the 2nd trimester.  Not that I had a choice, but still, word to the wise.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Good luck to all you ladies I do wish you all find happiness and satisfaction in your journey.  After much thought, research and tests we have decided that we are calling an end to our quest to have a baby in the TTC way.  There are a lot of great options for people but at the end of the day we felt for us  we had gone as far as we were comfortable with and there is only so much medical intervention we felt was appropriate.

We are not focusing on our selves for a bit and then we will hit up some adoption info sessions.  Adoption is not something new in my family so we will see how we both feel about it, and we may just pursue that option

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Best of luck to you and your DH, Scorpio. That's a difficult decision to make, but it sounds like you have a healthy outlook and solid footing on this journey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ALF, I had the same thing happen with our small-town pharmacist.  I was so nauseous I had talked to him about possible remedies, but didn't see him around the time we had a m/c so he never knew.  He saw me last month and asked how the baby was.  I told him the same thing, not to worry about mentioning it, it was a long time ago and we were fine.  He seemed to be OK.  Maybe it won't be too awkward with your prop manager - I think it will mostly depend on how you act around her.  If you just behave like your normal self, she will, too.  I was also glad I hadn't spread the word through town that early!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Scorpio, best of luck to you both!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Scorpio, best wishes as you explore the adoption issue and grieve the closing of the TTC era in your lives. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck Scorpio.  Adoption is not new in our family too and is a great alternative.  As I am sure you have experienced, my niece and nephew are adopted and we never even think of it.  I think with choices such as adoption or donor, once you have the children, they are yours, completely and you never look back.

I think this will be an exciting time for you!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Best wishes Scorpio!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Good luck with everything Scorpio!  

Still waiting out the 2ww here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

redacted

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Scorpio…I wish you & your DH the best of luck.

Flaxen…I’m happy to see you back on the boards…I hope you & your DH are well.

AFM…it looks like metformin might have done the trick to get me to OV on day 26.  If I’m right I should be getting AF on Friday or Saturday.  I’m excited because of metformin my cycle is down 40 days instead 70+ days.  Plus, I will be having my HGS test soon.

As for pumpkins, this year I seeded pumpkins seeds and gave a plant to my mother another to my in-laws.  Both my mother & in-laws harvested a one good sized pumpkin.  While, I harvested 8 medium/small pumpkins…does this mean I will have 8 kids!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

ok.. sort of stupid question and borderline TMI .. but where better to ask such questions? 

When BDing... what is the best thing to do when done?  Is staying horizontal better for the little guys to make their way to the preferred destination?  Have the strongest swimmers already departed?  I'm usually a time-to-clean-up sort of gal... but now that there is a greater purpose to these activities it seems like I should give the little guys a chance.

TIA!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Tomarra - That is great. I am still waiting to see if my RE is going to put me on Met. I O on CD13 this month (I don't think I O at all the last 2 months and my average day was CD17 so early for me). My Mom planted pumpkin seeds and got 1 medium sized pumpkin too. I hope it means really good things for you!!!!

bostongrl - Some say to stay laying down with raised hips for 1-15 minutes. You want to try to O (not ovulate, but the other O word) just after DH does as it helps bump the sp3rmies. Best of luck!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I had the same question, bostongrl :o)
    I don't know the "right" answer, but I would stay in bed for 5-10 minutes after we BD'ed.  I figured the strong swimmers were well on their way, but wanted to play it safe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Bostongirl, i read about the same thing and found what others said to be true. I used to pee right after b/c i get uti's easily, but when we were ttc I stayed in bed for 15 min with a pillow under my hips, and even sometimes had my feet up in the air.  I never had a problem with uti's either.  Good luck! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

hehe.. thanks girls!  I figured something like that was best... it just seems wrong to jump up right after.

good luck everyone!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I get up right away, but don't go by me - we've been TTC for 2 years!  But, fwiw, I figure teen girls who think they won't get pg by jumping up and down after still do, and I've never heard about the "get up immediately after sex" method of birth control so I don't worry too much about it!  And, yeah, I don't want a UTI, either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

If in the evening we usually snuggle then a roll over to fall asleep and if during the day I will lay down for a bit.  Will try rising my hip/legs on the next cycle...one never knows what might do the trick!

Have a good weekend!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Meh. I've been lying around with my legs up in the air for the past year and it doesn't seem to have done any good. YMMV

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Ok... another question from the newbie

With the OPK strips... does the second line appear suddenly or does it come in gradually?  I know it is looking for the LH surge ... but is it something that builds up until the test line is darker than the control line?

If I had a normal 28 day cycle (which I am not sure of yet) I should be O'ing tomorrow.  This weekend and this morning the control line was nice and dark, but absolutely nothing for the test line.  Would it suddenly appear tomorrow? (or which ever day it ends up being?)  I only ask because all the instructions were so adamant that the test line needed to be as dark or darker than the control line that it led me to believe there would be a faint test line, and I'm not seeing that.

What is going on with everyone else?  We had a very nice weekend ... tried to get out and enjoy the weather while it lasts.  I love this time of year.  Took the dog for a nice long walk... considering a 2nd dog soon so it can be trained before I'd be dealing with diapers as well.  Cool enough to go do stuff now and the craziness of the holidays is still far enough away that I can pretend it won't happen.  ... Though I can almost feel the inevitable questions coming on from our moms about the treacherous  holiday dinner schedules.