October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: October TTC

Hi bostongrl,
    I used the cheapy O strips and saw a faint line every day.  I am not the greatest person to ask, though, because I never did see a matching/dark line!  Either I missed it or the strips were faulty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

bostongrl,

I still trying to figure out the cheapy O strips as well so I can't help you there either.

AFM, AF has not shown up and I got a negative POAS this morning.  Will, be giving the RE office tomorrow and be put on provera.  My husband is having his s/a test on friday and once I get AF they will schedule me the HSG test.

I hope all is well with everyone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: OPK strips - Mine had no line and then a faint line and then it gradually got darker.  I used the Answer brand. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

MGH in Danvers, MA is having a lecture (lack of a better term) this Wednesday Oct. 13, 2010  from 6 to 9...if your interested.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA.  Crazy time:  Mom in/out of hospital (She'll be just fine).  ER trip for me with the nastiest food poisoning in the history of time, plus an overseas trip without DH, so TTC this cycle pretty much nonexistent.

Scorpio,  Best wishes on this next chapter.  That may be our decision at some time in the future, but I feel like we have to at least give TTC a try.  So many variables, so many issues.  I do admire your courage, and wish you only good things moving forward.

Tomarra,  Thanks for the "lecture" link.  I almost want to go, just to meet some of you great folks in person.  I already have a great RE.  (I think).  So, it might be disingenuous to go. 

AFM, still haven't started IVF.  RE wants a few additional tests before we start, to make sure no leftover complications from my MC/D&E.  I'm kind of dreading the US with saline infusion, mostly because I had a really awful HSG.  But, I couldn't fit the tests in this cycle because of being ill/overseas.  So, I'm just sitting on the sidelines this cycle.  However, I have absolutely been the beneficiary of ten days without DH and NO pressure TTC.  I hadn't realized that so much of the fun was gone, until it was back.  What a nice change of pace!

Welcome, newbie girls Fall & Boston.

Good luck to everyone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Bostongrl - sorry, can't help you with the strip question (I use digital, after reading how difficult the others are to interpret, I figured this was much easier.  I got a box of 25 on Amazon for $30, so not too pricey).

AFM, I had thought I would be due to ovulate this weekend, but as yet, the POAS hasn't given me a smiley face.  To help monitoring it, my RE did get a blood draw late last week (which indicated I was probably about to O), then another one today (still waiting for results).  I know it has happened to others that the POAS just didn't pick up the LH surge for some reason.... and hopefuly that is the case, as we certainly, um, took advantage of being in Florida at a hotel for the weekend! 

So, I may have missed the opportunity for an IUI this month, but hopefully the natural way may have done the trick... we will wait and see... oh joy, another 2ww!

If this month doesn't work, O do one more round of Clomid/IUI and then consider other options.

ETA - the RE just called me, and my blood today is the same as it was Friday, indicating that I am on the verge of ovulating, but just haven't yet. So, more blood work each morning this week to see if it changes.  My arm is starting to resemble that of an addict!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Boston- I had the cheapo strips and since I had no idea when AF would arrive, I had to use them almost the whole month so I wouldn't miss the surge. Some days closer to when I thought I'd  O i tested once in the morning then late afternoon. I found that I saw nothing but the control line until a pretty visible line showed up and it stayed around for the next 24-48 hrs.  So you probably have not O'ed yet.  The lines were not completely the same, but the control line was def. there and dark.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Thanks everyone for the responses!  This is a whole new skill set :o)

ajuly... was that your first month off the pill?  I find it so weird to have no idea what my "real" schedule is.  It has been almost 9 years on the pill and I have zero recollection of what my cycle was like before that.

I think I have overwhelmed DH ... between the temp taking, OPK in the AM, and just talking about a baby in general ... it seems like a little much for him all at once (if only he knew what goes through my mind in the course of a day).  I'm thinking of rolling back a bit.  Maybe still do the strips in the morning since I'm not sure what's normal yet, but laying off the temping.  I have to keep telling myself that although a BFP right away would be awesome... it is not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.  We will get another chance next month.

Good luck everyone!  Prill.. hopefully a weekend away in FL did the trick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I was on the pill for 10 yrs like you. I went off in April, and it took almost 2 months for AF to come. Then it was long cycles after that. They never actually got to "normal," so that's why I had no idea when I would O.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I am still in shock.  I woke up at 3am, had to use the restroom so I took a test (was 2 days late) and BFP!!!  It feels so unreal after 14 long months of trying with no luck.  Now I am of course exhausted because I was too excited to fall back asleep.  The nurse who did my IUI this time around told me she had had good luck lately, I guess her luck held out!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OPK strips should be done in the afternoon so you catch the surge which generally happens in the morning.  It's not the same as pg tests where FMU is the most sensitive.  At least that's what mine say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

wedoc....that so awesome!  I'm so happy for you...you have given me much hope.  Here to a health pregnancy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats wed!!!  What great news!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Congrats Wed - that is fabulous!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Congrats Wed!  A July baby?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Congrats Wed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, wed, sorry, I totally missed your BFP post!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Wow, Congrats Wed!! You must still be in shock!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

In Response to Re: October TTC:
    Bostongrl - sorry, can't help you with the strip question (I use digital, after reading how difficult the others are to interpret, I figured this was much easier.  I got a box of 25 on Amazon for $30, so not too pricey). AFM, I had thought I would be due to ovulate this weekend, but as yet, the POAS hasn't given me a smiley face.  To help monitoring it, my RE did get a blood draw late last week (which indicated I was probably about to O), then another one today (still waiting for results).  I know it has happened to others that the POAS just didn't pick up the LH surge for some reason.... and hopefuly that is the case, as we certainly, um, took advantage of being in Florida at a hotel for the weekend!  So, I may have missed the opportunity for an IUI this month, but hopefully the natural way may have done the trick... we will wait and see... oh joy, another 2ww! If this month doesn't work, O do one more round of Clomid/IUI and then consider other options. ETA - the RE just called me, and my blood today is the same as it was Friday, indicating that I am on the verge of ovulating, but just haven't yet. So, more blood work each morning this week to see if it changes.  My arm is starting to resemble that of an addict!
    Posted by Prill

The same thing is happening to me...I can be on "High fertility" for for weeks or a month...which s*cks.  I just got my blood work results from yesterday and my LH is high but we can't BD because DH test is on Friday.  I would seriously like to know what I have done wrong to receive such bad luck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Congrats WedOct09!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for all the well wishes!  Now I am just praying it sticks!  Good luck to everyone else this month!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What's the latest, Wed - I'd be testing every time I peed!  What's happening?!  Praying for stickiness with you.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as a fellow TTC-er! I have been following all of you for a couple of months and enjoy your stories. (Thanks for sharing). DH and I are just recently back on the TTC wagon. My DH and I just went through a miscarriage last week, I was 7w2d along. It’s hard to have to go through this but it makes you stronger as a person and in our marriage. We had been trying for 5 months since we got married and nothing was happening. Then in September we got the BFP and we couldn’t have been happier. We know have to wait one to two cycles before trying again. Has anyone gone through this?

Hope you all have a good month; I will keep you updated on any news from my end.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Summagrl, I was in a similar situation...had an early miscarriage in January, but am now 36 weeks along with pregnancy #2.  It's definitely a different sort of pregnancy, especially in those early days...I don't think I'll ever feel such simple excitement as the first time I was pregnant; having had the miscarriage, I was much more nervous until I hit about 14-15 weeks.  I also encourage you not to lose sight of that first pregnancy as its own entity...and expect that around your duedate to go through another series of emotions.  I was pregnant and excited for this baby, but when August came around, I was really conscious of all the people around me who were about to give birth, and I definitely mourned that loss again. 

Good luck TTC again, and stay positive!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome, summa!  Sorry about your m/c and best wishes as you move forward.

Sections
Shortcuts