October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Re: October TTC

I don't have the reply option for some reason today...  

Kar, I have tried so hard not to test again all day!  I still have very sore boobs and a weird feeling in my stomach that I have had for a few days now so I hope everything is still good. I just wish I could get to the dr. for the confirming blood test sooner than Monday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: October TTC:
    Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself as a fellow TTC-er! I have been following all of you for a couple of months and enjoy your stories. (Thanks for sharing). DH and I are just recently back on the TTC wagon. My DH and I just went through a miscarriage last week, I was 7w2d along. It’s hard to have to go through this but it makes you stronger as a person and in our marriage. We had been trying for 5 months since we got married and nothing was happening. Then in September we got the BFP and we couldn’t have been happier. We know have to wait one to two cycles before trying again. Has anyone gone through this? Hope you all have a good month; I will keep you updated on any news from my end.
    Posted by summagrl

Sorry for your loss.

Did your doctor tell you that you needed to wait or did you have a D&C after the m/c?  I had a m/c at 10 weeks w/ twins back in Feb and I specifically asked and was told we did not have to wait at all to give it another go.  The new protocol [unless you are told otherwise by your dr and there is a medical reason for it] is that you no longer have to wait after a m/c to start up again.  Good luck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

luvRlboy – thanks so much for sharing your experience. Congrats on expecting! I was thinking that it was going to be a different experience with the second pregnancy. I have told to my DH that I don’t want to tell anyone (including parents) until the 12 week mark. I had a very hard time telling people what we had M/C, especially my mom and the in-laws (it was going to be there first grandchild.) Thanks for the advice about when the due date comes around, I figured t wasn’t going to be easy and that I would probably have all the same feeling again. 

ALF72- My doctor I saw wasn’t really helpful in the situation she just went over basic stuff that I figured out on my own before even talking to her, and when I asked about when to try again she ignored the question. DH could tell I was getting upset and frustrated so we left.  So I called the office yesterday to talk to a different DR in the practice that was much more helpful. They said it is completely up to us when we want to start trying again and that most patients don’t wait long.  I did not have to have a D&C so they said that was in my favor. I am ready to start trying again just because it took us a little time before to have anything happen.

kargiver- thanks for the welcome and the well wishes.

hope everyone is having a good Friday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Summa...my OB suggested waiting until you've had your first period post-MC (he's really conservative) when I went for that first post-MC app't, but then I talked to my MW at a second app't, who said if we were ready, there was no reason not to try again right away.  I actually ended up getting pregnant again without ever having that first period...so it can happen. 

There are mixed study results that say incidence of a second miscarriage can be higher, but others that say your fertility is actually higher, too, so I think you need to make the decision to try or not to based on how you and your husband are feeling. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October TTC:
    I don't have the reply option for some reason today...   Kar, I have tried so hard not to test again all day!  I still have very sore boobs and a weird feeling in my stomach that I have had for a few days now so I hope everything is still good. I just wish I could get to the dr. for the confirming blood test sooner than Monday.
    Posted by wedoct09

Usually the doctor's office will confirm with a home pg test.  The blood test is only used to determine the exact level of hCG in your blood, but of course, in the process confirms pg.  If you want to confirm, pee on another stick!  It's confirmation, just not numeric.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Well, AF finally showed up on her own Saturday evening... just waiting to hear DH s/a results and when HSG is schedule for me.

I hope every one else is doing well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

So this is totally frustating.  After a week fo blood tests (which have left me looking like a junkie and only being able to wear long sleeves!) they have now decided that I either O'd super early (and therefore it wasn't picked up by the tests... secretly hoping this was the case, but not getting my hopes up) or, despite taking Clomid, I just haven't and won't O this month.  So now just hanging out waiting for AF. Again.

Further to my other post, I have had weird stomach pains all weekend - was really bloated Friday and Saturday, but this has no subsided, as has the weird fluttering sensation; and am now left with a weird stitch-like feeling on my right side.

Fingers crossed Tomarra that the SA comes back okay and they can get you scheduled for HSG - it is a good feeling to feel like you are actually doing something proactive!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Thanks Prill!   I hear your frustation...the blood work at last Monday showed the I had a high LH level through AF showed up 5 days later...doesn't make sense at all.  I'm really hopefull that the pain you feeling might be that you are fianlly OV-ing.  I usually get that pain while I'm OV-ing...good luck. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

October TTC:
    Summa...my OB suggested waiting until you've had your first period post-MC (he's really conservative) when I went for that first post-MC app't, but then I talked to my MW at a second app't, who said if we were ready, there was no reason not to try again right away.  I actually ended up getting pregnant again without ever having that first period...so it can happen.  There are mixed study results that say incidence of a second miscarriage can be higher, but others that say your fertility is actually higher, too, so I think you need to make the decision to try or not to based on how you and your husband are feeling. 
    Posted by luvRIboy

I don't have any follow up appointments, is this something that most doctors do? Should I follow up with my OB to make sure I didn't miss something? I have done alot of research (that the type of person I am) and I find all mixed information. I really don't want to wait I want to start now! Hearing all of your stories makes me feel alot better about not wanting to wait.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Different OBs have different takes on it.  It's my understanding that the latest research is that there's no physical reason to wait to try again if you didn't need a D&C.  Your OB might agree.  Your OB might disagree.  I think you need to decide based on the research you've done and go with your gut. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I didn't have a 'follow up' appointment, per se. I went to the ER on a Monday and had an appt w/ the OB the next day.  B/c it was twins, and my blood/hormone count was still high, there was a 'chance' that one of the twins made it.  I already knew that based on what came out [sorry TMI] that there was no chance in hell that anything had made it, but I went back a week later for a follow up blood test, which confirmed that the pg was over.  If the levels were still high, they would have done furhter testing to see if I needed a D& C or to see what was oing on. 

If you have confirmed that you had a total M/C, I don't see any reason why you can't just go for it.  Make an appt w/ your OB to discuss it if you are uncomfortable.  I had a specific discussion w/ my OB regarding whether or not I needed to wait. He did tell me that in the past they told people to wait a few months b/c studies indicated that the chance of m/c was higer after the first m/c.  Later studies have indicated that there is no need to wait. I have not read any studies, so I can't direct you to them. My OB specifically referenced studies, so I am assuming two things: (1) medically valid studies exist and (2) he has read them.  See what your OB recommends if you have any misgivings about just giving it the old college try.  GL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Summa, I had a D&C in March and my OB recommended waiting 3 cycles, but he said that if I got pregnant before that it wouldn't be the worst thing. I think that a lot of times they recommend you wait so that you can heal emotionally - if you miscarried naturally, you probably don't need a follow-up appointment and you are probably OK to start trying again. With the surgical procedure, there is healing involved and a slight risk of complications that they do a follow-up to make sure everything closed up and all that fun stuff.

I'm sure some doctors might do a follow-up anyway, it might just depend on the practice. Since you have questions, it might be a good idea to schedule one with your doc just to clear up all your concerns and feel comfortable to start trying now.

OH, and also right after I got pg this time around, new research came out and said that women who get pregnant within 6 months of a miscarriage have a much higher chance of a successful pregnancy - so that may be encouraging also. Make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins still!!

Also, I'll point out that after 3 cycles I definitely felt emotionally ready as well as physically ready - and we got pregnant again right away, exactly 3 cycles...so maybe its true what they say that you are more fertile right after m/c.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

My follow up appointments post-MC were quick...first one was about 3 days after I started to miscarry, to come in and talk, as well as to do an external physical exam to see if my uterus was shrinking back to normal, and get blood work done.  Then I had weekly blood work until my blood levels showed no hormones, and then had another appointment, just a 10-15 minute meeting in the office to talk about the blood tests and go over questions, concerns and what's next.  I'm sure that's all stuff that could have been done on the phone, but for me, it was reassuring to go in and put an end date on the whole experience.  Then I got the go-ahead to move forward!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

Kargiver- Given everything that I have read, we are going to go with the gut and not wait!

So I call the doctors yesterday and asked them about follow up appointments.  They understood why I was curious about it, but I didn’t have to come in due to how I M/Ced. When it started I was at the doctors for an exam and ultrasound, I ended up going to the ER that night and then went back to OB the next day to confirm. When I was at the OB the second time the doctor said I had had a fast MC. I didn’t have to have a D&C because everything passed on its own (sorry TMI). I asked them if I should start taking my vitamins again, seeing that they told me to stop and they told me yes.

Ok, my cousin told me that baby aspirin 81mg can help when TTC and in the beginning of pregnancy. She tried for 4 years to get pregnant and her OB suggested that. There are a lot of articles about it. I guess it helps with blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Baby aspirin treatment also improves ovarian response.  It is also helpful for anyone going through IVF or people that have previously MC.  I thought that this might be helpful so people on this board as well. I did ask my OB about it and they suggest it to a lot of their patents.  Just wanted to pass a helpful suggestion along don’t know if any of you have tried this.

Talk soon and Happy Wednesday!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

anyone else in the 2ww?  This is my first... and its killing me.  I am a little disappointed that our first month of trying got slightly de-railed by a weekend trip that involved super early flights, sleeping on couches, and other factors that made BDing not our top priority.  If the OPK strips were accurate, I think we hit the window, but there is a chance we missed it.

Two days prior to our trip the strips started to get darker, the next AM it was nice and dark.  We BD'd that AM, but not again for several days.  I also didn't get a chance to test after that dark line due to the travel, etc.  So not sure if I actually caught the peak since I am missing 3 days of testing, but when we got back the OPKs were negative.  I'm crossing my fingers but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen this month.  Based on when I think I OV'd ... 2ww would be to next Friday.

That and I'm totally addicted to the OPK strips.  Even though I'm almost certain last week was it... I keep testing just to make sure.  Not sure what my cycle is actually like... so its like double insurance to make sure nothing weird is going on :o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

oh... and Summa - welcome to the boards!  hopefully there are lots of good vibes here :o)

Seems like you're getting a lot of good advice!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

bostongrl, I'm with you...except I have absolutely no idea what's going on with me. 10 weeks and counting since my last AF/stopping the pill. I keep hoping maybe I O'ed without realizing it, but 2 BFNs point to the contrary. I ordered the cheap OPK strips on Amazon yesterday (thanks for the tip, everyone!), and I'm sure I'll quickly become addicted to those. I've been temping in the mornings, just to get a sense for my baseline, but that's been pretty wacko, too. Ah well. Waiting is definitely not my strong suit! At least I can feel proud that I'm slowly starting to master some of the TTC acronyms :)

Hope everyone's getting to enjoy this gorgeous weather!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Tangerine... have you talked to your doc?  I know 10 weeks is probably within the normal range... but if I am waiting much more than 2 weeks after I expect to get AF and the pg tests are still coming up negative... I know I'll be pretty antsy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, summa!! Thanks for the shout out. :)

We just started our 2ww.  GL to everyone

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi October...yes, I am actually really anxious about it. I couldn't get a doctor's appointment 'til next month, and they assured me that this is "normal." If AF still hasn't appeared by then, we'll discuss what to do next. Don't know what that would involve, but I'm really hoping it won't be an issue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tangerine-Most likely they will do blood work and put you provera.

DH's s/a result came back great and I'm having my HSG test on Monday afternoon.

Wishing you ladies the best of luck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Good Luck, Kar!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

Ok so my body has been doing weird things to me this week and I am curious if anyone else has gone through this. Sorry ahead of time for the TMI. DH and I have started trying again and we have done the BMD a couple of times this week, now I have EWCM when I go to the bathroom and my n*pples are itchy and a tingly. I started my prenatal vitamins again so I don’t know if that’s what’s causing this.   I’m thinking that AF might be coming but I’m not sure the drs said it can take 6 weeks to come back. Kar & Tangerine - good luck!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Summa...maybe your body is preparing to OV again...Good luck!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Summa... have you tried to switch your prenatals?  Were you taking them before without any issues?  Not sure what everyone else uses... but I've had good luck withe the Target brand (Up&Up).  I started with the One-A-Days... but the cost difference convinced me to try the generic.  I've had no problems with reactions and don't necessarily have to take with food.  Though everyone is different.

Sections
Shortcuts