October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

Re: October TTC

MW I'm not sure if I gave my condolences already, but I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you were at least able to "go through everything naturally" but I'm still sorry you had to go through it at all.

SS, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!  Rooting for you, and great news about the follicles...hoping for many good eggs, but mainly for the one you need!

Kar, I was reading all of the posts, including yours from the last week or so, and I've been lurking on the boards for a while now, but I wanted to just say I am and have been rooting for you too.  I know you are at a point where you've sort of come to terms with possibly not having children, but I do hope for you, that somehow your path still leads in the direction you wish for.

WPP, good luck at your appointment.  I know I'd want my mom there too :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, fakin. :)

How are you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

WTF, just got off the phone with the RE. I had called to ask for an explanation of why this time she was only having me wait 35 hours instead of the normal 36 between trigger and retrieval. This seemed counterintuitive to me since I thought I had a problem with egg maturity. She never told me that after we set my new protocol for this cycle she met with a committee of doctors at RSC to review my case and they determined that I actually ovulated before the retrieval!!! Thats why they didn't get any mature eggs out of me.

I guess when they looked at all my scans from the trigger day ultrasound versus the retrieval they found all the big follies were gone by retrieval time and there were only 2 small follicles left (hence the 2 immature eggs). I love my RE but I'm really upset that she didn't tell me I ovulated prematurely and the past two months I've been worried I don't make any eggs.

On the bright side she said she's very optimistic about tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Good luck tommorrow SSbride!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

MW--glad you didn't need the drugs! Hope you are continuing to heal.

SSB--I have everything crossed for you tomorrow! So exciting!

AFM, I got a BFP this weekend, so here we go again, this time with even more intensive monitoring.  Holding my breath until further notice, trying not to let it consume me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Siena! Congratulations!! I have my fingers crossed for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

SS - my fingers are crossed for you this morning.  Yes, I can understand your frustration but there is a clear silver lining here... in that you did in fact ovulate some great eggs... they just unfortunately missed the window.  How wonderful to have figured that out so quickly, in just one cycle, so they can promptly make the adjustments and grab them in time this cycle.  Keep us posted!!

Siena... I think we all will be holding our breath with you as you deserve a 'win' and a sticky bean this time around!  A huge congrats!!  

Wow... if you look at the past two months... this board is really on fire.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congratulations Siena! Sending you sticky thoughts!

SS - It would have been nice to know what your real problem last round, but it sounds really positive that you'll get a couple good eggs tomorrow morning! I think it's good that she's discussing your case with her colleagues and getting their expertise as well. It sounds like she's being really proactive. All good things!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, siena, and best sticky wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

ss, it's so frustrating that even good doctors in the medical sense can often be terrible communicators.  I'd let her know how her leaving that information out of her report to you impacted your experience so she can learn from it and so you can get it off your chest with her, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

fingers crossed for ss and siena!!!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Oh Siena- Oh wow.  So happy for you.  Best wishes to you. I am sending you so so so many sticky/growy thoughts.

SS- Hope your retrieval goes smoothly tomorrow. GL!

WPP- I think your appt is tomorrow as well. GL to you too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats Siena!

My egg retrieval today went so much better than expected! They got 7 eggs and I got a call this afternoon that 5 of them fertilized.  I should get another call tomorrow afternoon with an update on how they are doing.  If all goes well I should go back for transfer Thursday or Friday.  It going to be so hard to wait for that call tomorrow.  Amazing to think we have 5 potential babies right now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

SSBride, 5 fertilied eggs is awesome!  Here's hoping they all make it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

SS- I don't know anything about IVF but 5 fertilized eggies sounds awesome. GL as you move to the next step!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Wow SS! That's such awesome news! I'm so excited for you!

WPP - Good luck at the RE today! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ss - that's awesome!  so - how many will they transfer???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Thanks all for the warm wishes.  

SSBride--That's fantastic!  Sending you lots of good vibes for the transfer!

WPP--Hope your RE appt goes well!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Exciting news, SS!

how are you feeling, siena?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

Oh my gosh SS!!  Congratulations!

And Siena, congratulations to you too...really really sticky thoughts.

My best wishes to everyone else too! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

hi kar! I feel somewhat numb, very anxious, and a bit distant/disconnected. It turns out that I still hate the OB waiting room with a passion.  I wish I could go into hibernation and wake up at the end of December. But I feel guilty complaining about this on a TTC board.  Sorry. I will add that I felt relieved to see the BFP.  Ectopic pg can reduce future fertility, so I had been anxious about that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Siena, congrats on the BFP!  Your feeling are justified but I hope all works work for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You've been through a lot with previous bfps, it's no wonder you're anxious, siena.  Take your folate and try to relax...this could be your healthy pregnancy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

No guilt allowed here :)

No really, complain away.  TTC is a real...well insert your words of choice here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

So we lost two but 3 of our embryos are still holding strong.  So anxious that we'll lose more between now and our transfer tomorrow.  I'll be waiting by the phone until the lab calls again this afternoon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

SSBride, I'm sorry for the two that you lost.  My RE told them that if they make it within the first 24 hours the chances of losing after that time is low.  I hope this help.  Your DH and you are in my thoughts.

Sections
Shortcuts