October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Re: October TTC

Aww, SS. I'm sorry you lost two embryos. Focus on the three that you have. All you need is one, maybe two to survive until tomorrow. After that they'll be safely back where they belong! You'll get there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

SS I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you get better news this afternoon. Keep us posted. I am rooting for those three embryos!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

SS - hang in there with the waiting.  It is so painful.  I only put back in one with our second and it worked out great so 3 embryos that are good quality is great news.  I am so far behind on posts but I also think it is great news that they thought you had ovulated the last cycle.  At least there is an explanation!  Good luck!

Congratulations Siena!  Very sticky thoughts your way.  I think anyone who has had any problems in the TTC process struggles through the first trimester.  I totally wished I could have put my brain somewhere else for 3 months.  I was so NAIVE to think that after all that time TTC that with the first positive test it would be blissful from then on!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss MW.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

siena, congrats!! Don't feel guilty about any of your emotions. You've been on such a rollercoaster and everything you're feeling is valid and understandable, especially given what you've had to deal with. I hope your worries are over, though, and that this is the sticky pregnancy you've been waiting for! Do you know how far along you are?

SS, I'm sorry that you lost two eggs, but having three is still awesome!! I hope your transfer goes well and you have excellent stickiness. How does the process work and how long until you know about the viability of the pregnancy?

I saw my RE yesterday and it went well. They do a routine pregnancy test (neg) and check if I ovulated (nope), but the good news is that I started provera again today and I'm supposed to call on CD1 to schedule a baseline ultrasound on CD2 OR 3, then start the clomid on CD3!

I don't know why we were talking about this, but DH asked me if, after all of this, I would go back on BCP. I laughed bitterly and said no, it doesn't seem necessary. He said that he thought I should just ask the RE about it...and I feel dumb for not knowing this, but apparently even if you don't ovulate it's still a good idea to be on BCP (or take monthly progesterone) to get a monthly bleed. The RE said that excessive estrogen may increase the risk for endometrial cancer and a monthly bleed counteracts that. Maybe you guys already know this, but I'm throwing it out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

SSB--hope those three embryos are going strong for you! Sorry for the loss of the other two.  Hoping they keep trucking so you can transfer and get then get that BFP in a couple weeks.

WPP--glad the RE appt went well!  I've got my fingers crossed for this next medicated cycle for you! I did not know that about re. endometrial cancer and BCPs/AF!  

I'm just like 4 weeks 4 days or so.  (That would be according to my chart.  My OB's office will probably date me at 4w1d by LMP....  the nurse was really snarky to me when I came in on Monday for bloodwork, complaining that I was "barely pregnant" so I shouldn't be in such a hurry.  Sigh.  But I'm getting HCG draws 3x/week now per my doctor's orders, and hopefully levels will be high enough to justify an u/s next week.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

WPP, I'd ask a doctor about the monthly bleed/endometrial issue.  They make certain kinds of bc specifically so you DON'T need to get AF every month, but only get it 4x per year, it at all. Humans are the only mammals that bleed that regularly.  I've read quite a bit that says we DON'T need a monthly bleed, so you probably want to speak specifically to your doctor about it as it pertains to your health and health risks and not do colloquial and internet research on this topic. GL.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I asked the RE about how I would need to manage my PCOS after the baby and he said the most important thing was shedding the lining every 3 months. He said that I probably wouldn't want to start BCP right after delivering if I was nursing because it could affect my supply, but he would recommend Provera until I was comfortable getting back on the pill. I completely agree that it seems ridiculous to take the pill after trying so hard to get pregnant, but I can see his point. My mom (who I imagine has PCOS as well even though it's never been diagnosed) got pregnant with me the month she lost her BCPs (surprise!) so I kind of suspect that it might be easier for me to get pregnant again immediately after coming off the pill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

FYI, i was diagnosed w/ PCOS before having my twins, and after having them i started getting regular periods and got PG on my own for this time around.  so - i think a lot can change after you have your first pregnancy, and you just have to wait and see what happens.  i would never go on the pill again, personally, because i blame it for my issues in the first place.  after this PG we're done and i am going to try to get an IUD without any hormones (estrogen/progesterone - like not the minerva or whatever it's called).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I don't necessarily blame BCP for my PCOS. I don't know for sure, but my mother and grandmother both have some of the same symptoms I have, so I'm imagining that I didn't stand a chance, BCP or no. (Also, why I have my fingers crossed that I'm carrying a boy. Or that she inherits her ovaries from her dad's side!) I go back and forth with "The next time will be easier" to "Who am I kidding? I'm going to need help no matter what." I think my grandmother got around the fertility issue by having 3 kids one right after another and my mother had me so close to being off the pill that her hormones were still on track. My mom wasn't trying when she got pregnant with my brother but she did say that her periods were really irregular at the time so who knows how that worked out! I'm not saying everyone's experiences would be the same. I'm just guessing that my experience might be a similar to my family history. We'll just wait and see I guess!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

WPP, glad to hear your starting the clomid so soon now.

So I had my transfer today and had two embryos put back.   One was an 8 cell with a pretty good rating and the other was a 4 cell with very little fragmentation.  The third one is still going as well and they'll try growing it to day 5 to see if they can freeze for a future cycle.  I guess now all I can do is wait and see.

Its going to be a long wait to my beta appointment on Oct 30th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Glad you were able to transfer two embryos SSBride! We're rooting for great new for ya on 10/30!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

SS, so happy to hear that you have those embryos from your transfer! Hope the 30th comes quick for you.

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many PCOS cases on here. My doctor mentioned that Seasonique or Seasonale (whatever it is) also as possibility, or said that I could just take the progesterone occasionally as long as I have occasional bleeds. Some people (not doctors) have commented to me that after the first baby it may be easier to get pregnant again, but I'm not convinced. If I'm not ovulating then I'm not ovulating and no amount of "relaxing" will change that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

SS - Congrats on the transfer (and the possibility of a sibling in the future)! I hope the next 10 days or so go by quickly for you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

SS - Fingers crossed for you!

WPP - Good luck with Clomid! For me, AF arrived three days after I took the last Provera pill -- I hope it comes quickly for you too so you can get the ball rolling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Well, I had another ultrasound today, and everything looks good, I'm on track and measuring around 10 weeks,  so I am being "graduated" to the OB. I am excited, but still very nervous. I think once I know if there is any chromosomal abnormalitites, I will feel a little less nervous, but I'm not sure I will ever feel like everything is really OK. 

SS and Sienna, sending both of you sticky thoughts!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

SS I hope you are doing well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amy-lynn, good news, congrats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Amy, that's such great news!  Congrats on getting to the OB!

Well, I have one week to go now until my beta test.  Tuesday can't get here fast enough!  I want to say I will hold out and not POAS until then but not sure I have it in me to wait.... especially with my stash of wondfos sitting in the bathroom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Here is hoping for you SS!!  I hope this round is successful.  This week will be painful for sure!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Glad to see we have some positive things happening on here. I've been away for a while, just giving myself a break.

Good luck SS and Amy-Lyn! Go! Go! Go!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi ladies, just catching up and it looks like it's been a busy month. Good luck to those waiting for results- it's so hard to think about anything else during those weeks.

I'm back in TTC land hoping for a sibling for DS. We have 2 frozen embryos left and, assuming they survive the thaw, will have a transfer tomorrow.  I'm a little worried about whether lifting DS will be a problem after - I've heard lifting should be avoided but I don't know how that's possible if you have another child.  Lil, did you try to avoid lifting or anything with DD #2?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tc, best wishes for #2.  When my BFF was pg with triplets she wasn't allowed to lift her two year old, but she and her toddler managed during her megapregnancy without it being a huge deal from an emotional perspective. The hardest thing was that the two year old's room is upstairs; I think she said it took 10 minutes for her to get to the top as mom followed closely behind.  She was always grateful when I was around to carry the lo up to and down from her nap. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Amy-lynn- It sounds like all good news to me!  Congrats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

TC -  I just went through the transfer process and they said no heavy lifting for the 2ww period.  I asked what they considered "heavy" and they said ideally no more than 10 lbs.  Hope this helps.

Best of luck with the FET.  Fingers crossed for you!

Sections
Shortcuts