October TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: October TTC

Congratulations SS!  Fingers cross for a sticky, healthy pregnancy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

jl - It is pretty high and we did transfer two so there is a chance its twins.  I'd be surprised though since the second embryo we had was only a 4 cell at day 3 and didn't rate very high but maybe it was a fighter.  We won't know for sure until my first ultrasound which should be around Nov 12th.  In the meantime just hoping my beta numbers double by Thursday which is my next test.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

SS- That is awesome.  Great numbers!!  This is very exciting!!

WPP- I'm sorry that your Dr's office seemed so inept.  So frustrating when you are on these deadlines.

So I'm starting some testing for RPL with my dr.  I'm fully aware that it may turn up nothing, and this all could be bad luck, but it feels good to have a proactive plan. So far my thyroid seems ok.  Waiting on some other bloodwork and CD 3 to come to do the hormone panels.  Also, checking with ins co on coverage for karyotyping.  My ins seems to cover it whereas hubby's...mmm we're not sure yet.  Gotta love health insurance. So confusing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

SSBride--that's a great number for 14DPO!  Fingers crossed for good doubling on Thurdsay!

MW--GL with the RPL panel!  I did that too, but it didn't turn up anything.  (Well one of my initial clotting panel results was abnormal, but we followed it out for 12 weeks and it eventually it returned to normal.  The tricky thing about some of the clotting panel tests is that a single value isn't very informative for whether you have the problematic condition--they are a bit hard to diagnose.)  I'm glad I did the panel though, bc this way regardless of the outcome of this pregnancy, I will know that I sort did what I could to be proactive, and I don't have control over the rest. 

My insurance covered all the tests & both DH and I had karyotyping covered.  Hope your DH's ins will cover it too.  It felt like some sort of justice to subject DH to at least one blood test, after I have endured had so many blood draws (and IVs and other unpleasant medical nonsense) in this process.  Probably not a good motivation to order the karyotype, but still. ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks Siena.  Hope you are feeling well.

Yes, DH needs to get at least one little needle stab ha!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Congrats SS, that's great news!!  Who knows, sometimes those embryos that don't look perfect do the trick- here's hoping the numbers double and all goes smoothly!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

SS - I can't tell you how happy I am for you!  Great news!!  I hope that everything just goes great from here on out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, I asked Dr. Google, and that first beta seems to be a near certain indication of twins, and we know how knowledgeable Dr. G is!  ;)  Seriously, though, it's a lot higher than it could be as compared to random strangers' results post ivf bfp.  If I were a betting woman I'd go all in on TWINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

kar, I've found the same information. I know it would be more work but we have a great support system and I'd definitely be thrilled if that's the case. No way to tell for sure though until the first ultrasound.   Either way - one super healthy baby pumping out crazy levels of hcg or twins - I'm just over the moon.

Is anyone on here planning to go to the Resolve conference (http://www.resolvenewengland.org/conference/)  this Saturday?  I signed up before the BFP but am still planning to attend with a friend who's also been struggling with ttc. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't say anything about it being more work...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Yeah... I think that number would be above the median for a singleton pregnancy, but not outside the 95% range.  FWIW (probably not much), my levels this time were 174 at either 13 or 14 DPO (my chart was a bit ambiguous) and 464 48 hours later.  So far this looks like a singleton pregnancy  (we saw one yolk sac on a 5w u/s).  

I liked betabase.info for tracking numbers (gives median values by DPO for both singleton and multiples separately).  The nerd in me just wishes they reported more information about the total distribution (like the interquartile range or something) because the min/max is so large that it is pretty much completely uninformative.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

SS- I'm so psyched for you that you've got such a healthy beta! I hope tomorrow's test is even better! I don't know if I'd go "all in" on twins just yet, but it sounds like you've got at least one healthy baby in there! It's so easy to get a beta on the high side. All it takes is for your little one to implant two days earlier than average and boom, your beta is 2x the "normal" median. (Which I think is pretty likely with IVF becuase the fertilized egg doesn't have to travel from the fallopean tubes, right?) Now, if your beta more than doubles tomorrow, I'd put more chips on "twins". :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Kar, haha you didn't have to.  I'm just hoping if its twins I'll find I have a friend as helpful as you are with your friend's triplets.

Overall, I'm not placing any bets yet.  I know the numbers vary widely so as hard as it is I guess I'll just have to be patient (like I haven't been patient enough with this whole ttc process right).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Waiting to find out if you're being blessed with one baby or two is the best problem to have. This should be the most fun 2ww you've ever had! You deserve it! :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, thanks, SS; I know you will have loving friends and fam happy to help. :)  And, at least with twins you have as many arms and breasts as babies!  Triplets have to draw straws, lol. 

Sections
Shortcuts