pg tests

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gimmieabreak. Show gimmieabreak's posts

pg tests

Getting a little bit frustrated with pg and ovulation tests. I've taken 2 pg tests over the last 2 days and I didn't even get a false result -- I got no resut. Nothing registered. I saw the strip get saturated, and then nothing happened. Same with ovulation tests. I gave up on those a while ago though because I apparently need to be able to see variations in a strip that aren't visable to the naked eye.

Anyone have a suggestion for a easy to use, easy to read pg test?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Re: pg tests

Well, the obvious suggestion is to try a digital, but I also wonder if you might have better luck by altering your testing technique.  Are you doing the literal "pee on a stick"? If so, I would suggest using a cup instead.  I found it easier to follow the precise time directions and make sure the stick was saturated,  but not overly saturated, by dipping it into the urine rather than trying to catch the stream (so to speak).

Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

What kind of tests are you buying?  I always bought the slightly more expensive ones that tell either pregnant or not pregnant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I ALWAYS pee in a cup and dip the stick for 5 seconds (or per your test's instructions).  I use First Response and never have had a no-show result.

I hear terrible things about ovulation tests all around.  I'd go by basal temperature, cervical mucus...anything but those expensive and worthless tests.

Best!

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I have the same problem!  I never get a reading, or if I do, I get an 'error message'.  It's annoying b/c it should be pretty simple - pee on a stick and wait, or dip it in pee and wait.  It shouldn't be that hard!!!  I've done both [POAS and PIAC] and get the same problem each time.  I've given up. I figure if I do get pg, I'll know eventually, and then after a week to 10 days when AF is late, just swing by the drs office for a blood test.  Good luck. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gimmieabreak. Show gimmieabreak's posts

Good ideas here...thanks!!! I'm glad I posted. I've bought a few different kinds over the last year or so, and I haven't had any luck with any of them. The smiley digital one works the first time but the second app always gives me an error. Going for a blood test today but will certainly keep these suggestions for the next cycle (should we get a neg result). Cross your fingers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good luck at the doc's!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gimmieabreak. Show gimmieabreak's posts

Thanks!!!!!