Prescriptions and TTC - Flunisolide Nasal Spray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Prescriptions and TTC - Flunisolide Nasal Spray

Hi Ladies - I'm most likely going to call my doctor, but thought I would throw this out there to you all before I did.  I'm currently taking a nasal spray for my allergies and wonder if I need to stop taking that once I start TTC.  Has anyone had experience with nasal sprays and stopped while TTC?
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Prescriptions and TTC - Flunisolide Nasal Spray

I was taking 2 prescription nasal sprays when I started TTC.  I ended up stopping them b/c they dried me out in other areas, if you get my drift.  I'd talk to your dr and see what he/she suggests.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Thanks so much! My DH asked his doctor about my nasal sprays and that doctor said I should stop taking them. In any event, I'll call my doctor. My allergies are so bad though, I don't know what I would do without it. I guess just deal!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

In Response to Re: Prescriptions and TTC - Flunisolide Nasal Spray:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much! My DH asked his doctor about my nasal sprays and that doctor said I should stop taking them. In any event, I'll call my doctor. My allergies are so bad though, I don't know what I would do without it. I guess just deal!
    Posted by 2007wedding[/QUOTE]

Have you tried a neti pot?  My doctor suggested using that before trying the prescription sprays.  I haven't actually done it yet as my allergies aren't bad right now.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Forget the netipot. It takes forever to use it.  Try a Sinus Rinse instead. Same concept, but you don't have to tilt your head at as weird of an angle and you can flush your sinuses alot faster than you can w/ a netipot. I've been using Sinus Rinse for years and it's phenomenol. I've been off all meds, except for Claritin in high allergy season, for about almost 2 years at this point. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Wow that's impressive, no meds for 2 years. I feel like I've been taking meds for as long as I can remember. I was on Allegra and a nasal spray, but decided to come off the pill to see what would happen. So far just the spray is fine, but would like to come off that while TTC. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Sinus Rinse is available in most drugstores.  Check the bottom shelf in the cold/flu/allergy aisle.  It's a blue box. It's basically an 8 oz bottle w/ a nozzle and premixed saline packets.  Basically you shoot salt water into each nostril. lol.  It sounds grosser than it is and takes some getting used to, but it works wonders and takes less than 2 minutes to use and that includes the 45 seconds that I put water in the mircowave to warm up.  I use it after I take a shower and it really makes a difference.  I was on 2 nasal sprays, Allegra, Singulair and Advair. I'm now on only Claritin during allergy season. 

Sections
Shortcuts