Recommend Your RE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Recommend Your RE

I posed this question in the TTC board, but I figured I'd open it up to the rest of you that maybe don't read that board.

I'm in the market for a new RE. I've hit a wall with my current one and I need to find another that will actually listen to me. (It's a really long story and it's all in the July TTC thread if you're interested.)

Anyway, I'd love to get recommendations from you ladies. I'm in the Northshore/Merrimack Valley area, so I'm not sure Boston is the best option, but I'm willing to hear all your opinions!

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: Recommend Your RE

You are so close to me.  You have to check out Mass general in Danvers, MA.  Most doctors at Mass general in Boston rotate the Danvers location on a weekly basis.  I receive most of my treatments there. My primary RE is/was Dr. John Petrozza and we love him and his nurse Sandy.  Dr. Petrozza knew that my husband and I wanted to take baby steps through the process.  He was very respectable of that and never pushed us to do something that we were not ready for.  He and his staff were very knowledgeable and understanding.  I also met with Dr. Mitchell Rein and Dr. Mary Sabatini and they are great too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I used Dr. Mary Sabatini at Mass General in Boston.  She was great and very down to earth.  She did basic testing then explained all our options and let us choose what we wanted to do next and how quickly to do it.  There was no pressure at all.  Not in your ideal location though I was very happy with the practice overall.  Most of my appointments were scheduled very early in the morning so I rarely had to miss work and didn't have to explain lots of doctor visits.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

Dr Hornstein at BWH. Chuckles btw I did metformin - didn't work for me, but worth trying! GL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

Silly autocorrect - chuckles/chiclet!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

I have to second or third MGH Danvers.  And the names listed above practice in both MGH Boston and Danvers.  I am seeing Sabatini right now, (Petrozza did my last HSG and was nice) and she is awesome!  I mean, awesome.  She is no pressure and just so normal.  We are still unsure about doing IVF, and probably won't, but she is cool either way.  With my recent M/C, she did my biopsy procedure and I just couldn't have asked for a better doctor to be present.

Funny, I dialed wrong once and got her office in Boston to schedule my follow up.  They said "how about December?"  I almost dropped the phone.  Then I realized my error, called Danvers and got in to see her the next week.  Moral of that story is the 'burbs have a lot more openings!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks everyone! I ended up making an appointment for Dr. Sabatini in the Danvers office. The office is only 15 minutes from my work, so it should be fairly convenient. I was surprised to get an appointment within two weeks.

I really appreciate your help finding a doctor who will listen to me! :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Good luck Chiclet!  I hope you have a better experience with this RE. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan66. Show susan66's posts

Dr. Niraki Burlington HVMA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Dr. Skiadas at Quincy HVMA.  I know thats not in your area but wanted to throw in a plug for her since she's been so wonderful and one of the only doctors I've had who I feel truly listens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Dr. Thomas Toth at MGH in Boston. He is the best. ANd the nicest man I've ever met. So compassionate about the emotional issues of dealing with infertility. Have no idea if he goes to Danvers or not.
    Good luck!

Sections
Shortcuts