Reproductive Science Center Lexington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

Reproductive Science Center Lexington

Has anyone been to the RSC in Lexington? I will be going in November for an IUI and I just wanted to know if anyone had a doctor recommendation/any insight.  I will be seeing Dr. Huang. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

Re: Reproductive Science Center Lexington

I have!!  I LOVED the Reproductive Science Center in Lexington! 
    The staff, the doctors, the environment - it was all just perfect. 
    My husband had to do his thing there too - and for such an uncomfortable situation - they really made him feel at ease and like it was no big deal. 

When you go in for bloodwork or procedures in the morning, a nurse (who knows your history and who can actually answer your questions) calls you with your results by 2pm. 

The best part - the results!  My first appointment at the RSC was last December ... I'm due with my first baby next month!  :)

The only tricky part was that I came down 95S - and there was alway a lot of traffic just after the Burlington Mall in the mornings. 

I also wanted to add that when they confirmed my pregnancy - I had very low progesterone (if your levels go too low in early pregnancy, you'll miscarry) and so they immediately put me on progesterone suppositories.  The medication was actually curriered to my house for free the afternoon I got my BFP.  I still sometimes wonder what would have happened if no one was monitoring my progestrone levels like they were.  They know their stuff - you'll love them.  Best of Luck! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

I had my IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) there in July.  Overall, they were very pleasant and reassuring.  One of the male nurse was good naturedly complaining about being rather hungover from an Elton John concert the night before - a little disconcerting but I didn't worry about it too much (thanks Atavan).  There's something soothing about their woodsy, naturally-lit location.  My IVF resulted in a pregnancy, and although sadly it didn't last, that's not attributable to the RSC.  For IVFs they give you a photo and you watch the procedure on a live screen.  I don't know about how they are for IUIs.  My RE in Boston does IUIs in her office but uses RSC for her IVF proceedures, and some of her nursing staff were on staff there when I arrived. With just one experience, I would recommend them so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

thank you so much!!!! I just got the chills from reading your story! I can't believe how wonderful this place sounds - you have me excited (which is sometimes hard to do in this long journey!) Thank you thank you thank you :) Oh, and congratulations on your little miracle.

In Response to Re: Reproductive Science Center Lexington:
    [QUOTE]I have!!  I LOVED the Reproductive Science Center in Lexington!  The staff, the doctors, the environment - it was all just perfect.  My husband had to do his thing there too - and for such an uncomfortable situation - they really made him feel at ease and like it was no big deal.  When you go in for bloodwork or procedures in the morning, a nurse (who knows your history and who can actually answer your questions) calls you with your results by 2pm.  The best part - the results!  My first appointment at the RSC was last December ... I'm due with my first baby next month!  :) The only tricky part was that I came down 95S - and there was alway a lot of traffic just after the Burlington Mall in the mornings.  I also wanted to add that when they confirmed my pregnancy - I had very low progesterone (if your levels go too low in early pregnancy, you'll miscarry) and so they immediately put me on progesterone suppositories.  The medication was actually curriered to my house for free the afternoon I got my BFP.  I still sometimes wonder what would have happened if no one was monitoring my progestrone levels like they were.  They know their stuff - you'll love them.  Best of Luck! 
    Posted by Jessica9379[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

thank you flaxen!
    I really like the sound of this "soothing, woodsy, naturally-lit" place - thank you for easing my mind and getting me a little bit excited for this next step.  I am sorry to hear that your pregnancy didn't last - let's keep in touch on here so we can celebrate when it does ;)

[QUOTE]I had my IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) there in July.  Overall, they were very pleasant and reassuring.  One of the male nurse was good naturedly complaining about being rather hungover from an Elton John concert the night before - a little disconcerting but I didn't worry about it too much (thanks Atavan).  There's something soothing about their woodsy, naturally-lit location.  My IVF resulted in a pregnancy, and although sadly it didn't last, that's not attributable to the RSC.  For IVFs they give you a photo and you watch the procedure on a live screen.  I don't know about how they are for IUIs.  My RE in Boston does IUIs in her office but uses RSC for her IVF proceedures, and some of her nursing staff were on staff there when I arrived. With just one experience, I would recommend them so far.
    Posted by flaxen[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

one more question jessica - when I made my appointment today, they asked if there was a particular doctor I wanted to work with - I will be seeing dr. huang, but can change - would you recommend the doctor you had?

[QUOTE]I have!!  I LOVED the Reproductive Science Center in Lexington!  The staff, the doctors, the environment - it was all just perfect.  My husband had to do his thing there too - and for such an uncomfortable situation - they really made him feel at ease and like it was no big deal.  When you go in for bloodwork or procedures in the morning, a nurse (who knows your history and who can actually answer your questions) calls you with your results by 2pm.  The best part - the results!  My first appointment at the RSC was last December ... I'm due with my first baby next month!  :) The only tricky part was that I came down 95S - and there was alway a lot of traffic just after the Burlington Mall in the mornings.  I also wanted to add that when they confirmed my pregnancy - I had very low progesterone (if your levels go too low in early pregnancy, you'll miscarry) and so they immediately put me on progesterone suppositories.  The medication was actually curriered to my house for free the afternoon I got my BFP.  I still sometimes wonder what would have happened if no one was monitoring my progestrone levels like they were.  They know their stuff - you'll love them.  Best of Luck! 
    Posted by Jessica9379[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

I'm sure they are all awesome - but I had Dr. Carol Anania.   She made me cry during our informational meeting - mostly because when I got there - the reality of needed professional help for getting pregnant really set in and I felt 10,000 emotions.  She gives you hope - and sometimes, thats the best medicine!! 

Sending buckets of baby dust to this entire TTC board!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

[QUOTE]let's keep in touch on here so we can celebrate when it does ;) In Response to Re: Reproductive Science Center Lexington :
    Posted by cookiesandbrownies[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! And good luck to us both!