semi-OT and semi-embarrassing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

semi-OT and semi-embarrassing

ok, so this may not be related AT ALL to my TTC journey, but since my D&E/D&C (whatever!) i've on occasion had a loose bladder issue where out of nowhere i feel a little squirt/dampness in my underwear.  i *think* it's urin& and not a crazy spurt of CM, for example.  it has probably happened a handful of times in 3 weeks.  does anyone have any reason to believe this is a potential health issue?  yikes!  i need depends!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: semi-OT and semi-embarrassing

This can be hormonal, stef, since estrogen keeps the muscle that holds urine strong - if it's too low, you can have urine leakage.  Definitely bring this up with your OB/GYN.

ETA:  It's a common side effect of a full hysterectomy (because the ovaries are removed).  And, it is why spayed female dogs often have urine leakage.  Our dog drips a little when she sits down unless she's taking supplements to strengthen that muscle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

thanks kar... i could google this but you know everything so i'll just ask you (!) - does it make sense for me to have low estrogen levels right now???  starting right after a D&E?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, thanks, but unfortunately we've reached the end of what I know to suggest.  I wouldn't be shocked if what you've just been through were to be the cause, but I wouldn't assume it, either.  Your ovary health/function needs to be evaluated as does your estrogen level asap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There's something else I just thought of that it could be.  It's happened to me, and I googled it and found I'm not alone.

The way you wrote your OP, the leaky episodes sounded random and not connected to any particular activity, but maybe you were too embarrassed to add more info or you haven't connected it yet if there is one.  Are the leaky days always the next day after sex?  A new position you may have tried around that time might be the cause if that's true, and I'm guessing those muscles could just be fatigued, lol. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

stefani- I also had a little leakage after a miscarriage. But I also had very frequent, sudden need to go as well. I called the doctor, and the nurse said I should come in as I probably had a urinary tract infection. I had never had one before, and it wasn't hurting, which I thought they did, I just had to go all the time, and was a little leaky. I took the antibiotics and it did clear everything up, so I am guessing that it was a UTI. That might not be what is going on with you, but you might want to check with your doctor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, I had that happen once with a UTI, too, now that you mention it.  But, after 3 weeks I'm pretty sure you'd feel pain and burning with urination and see some blood by now, too.  I'm prone to them...well, I was until I started drinking pure cranberry juice morning and night (YUCK!).

ETA:  With my UTIs, I get a few non-pain symptoms (lethargy, irritability, leakage (sometimes), and increased frequency/urgency) for 2 or 3 days max, then it feels like I'm peeing hydrochloric acid and razor blades.  I don't know the average time it takes for the pain to develop, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

thanks kar and amy-lynn.  i called the nurse and she suggested that i probably had a UTI and i had a ur*ne test this AM.  will keep you posted!  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's been your only symptom for 3 weeks?  

ETA:  If so, I'm jealous!  My UTIs are unbearable!!  Thank goodness the cranberry juice seems to be working to prevent them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

well... no UTI, so i'm not sure what's going on, but it happened again yesterday.  the nurse recommended that i do keigel exercises and said it's most likely a coincidence that this started after the D&E.  i am less than convinced about either of those things, but... we'll see if it continues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Stefani, I don't usually read these boards but your subject line caught my eye!
    I have not had that procedure, but I do have that same problem.
    Could the procedure have weakened your pelvic floor muscles?  The reading I've been doing lately says it's not just kegels that are important, but the other girdle-like muscles.  I've been trying to do squats and lower/inner core exercises and it is helping somewhat.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I'm sorry to hear about the m/c.  Hope you're doing all right.