September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

September 2011

September is here and hopefully she brings more BFPs!

Good luck ladies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

Re: September 2011

following up from the august thread - rhm, congrats.  so is this an official BFP or is it early?  forgive my ignorance.  and also, and i mean this lightheartedly: seems like it was "easy" and quick for you this go around!  ;)  it's all relative, isn't it....  :) :) :)

and lil are you back on the wagon?  and ipw too... wow! 

GL everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Congrats RHM!  And sending good thoughts to LIL!

As for us, I'm on my second PP AF right now...DD is 10 months.  We're in the "paying attention" stage right now, not quite the TTC.  Plan is to move into active TTC when November comes around...that would put kids at no less than 20 months apart, which works for me!  I'm glad to see lil and IPW on here too, since I know our kids are around the same age; reinforces that I'm not completely crazy to be thinking about this again already! 

Happy baby thoughts to everyone! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Thanks ladies!

tc, I guess I could have tested after a week since I was having recurring nightmares that this didn't work, but I was almost afraid to test at all. I just was more worried about getting the BFN phone call at work and wanted to be prepared.

stefani, it's official - not just early. DE was not as busy with going in for u/s and b/w every other day to check my follies, but it was waaaaay more stressful, especially having to wait to find out donor's updates and wondering if this last resort was going to work.

good luck, lil!!! hoping for a de pregnancy partner in crime Laughing

wishing for the best for all of you...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

RHM - So excited for you!!!  Congrats!!!

LIL - are you also doing a transfer soon... or have just done?

AFM, I am still in no mans land.  Officially CD36 and no AF in sight.  I tested on CD30 and CD32 with BFNs.  I really thought that I O'd around CD13 because of EWCM, but clearly not.  During my 6 month TTC period with my DS (the only time I was off the pill since 19 years old), the longest cycle was 31 days, which was the first off the pill, and all others were between 24-27.  So this is just so bizarre.  Of course all weekend I'm totally thinking I'm going into early menopause.  How does one find out something like that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

IPW - I would say if you are concerned you could call your GYN.  When I first came off the pill my second cycle was 60 days.  I saw my GYN at 40 days and he said if I made it to 60 without AF I need to call.  Sure enough AF arrived on CD 60.  It could be that your cycles are still out of whack post baby.  It might be worth calling your GYN just to let them know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Clc - thanks for the advice - sorry about your 60 day cycle.. you must have been so frustrated.  I'm in between all kinds of doctors at the moment.  I've never seen a GYN.  When I got PG, I saw an OB (several within the same practice per their way of doing things so I never built a solid relationship with any of them unfortuantely).  Half the practice I went to all just quit OBing.  And I just switched to a new PCP because old one moved.  So I'm sure any doctor could advise me on this, but I'm just not sure which one to call.  I did just make an appointment (in 2 weeks) with my new PCP, who of course, is on vacation this week.  Sigh!

I would normally totally blame this on post baby body wackiness... but I got my AF reguarly when DS was about 5 mths old... and have had it every 25-28 days for 5-6 months since.  So odd that its so random now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Wow, sorry for all the Dr drama, IPW.  I guess I'm in the minority that I have a GYN (who is not an OB so looks like I will be adding in a third doctor at some point) and a different PCP. 

If you call your OB's office someone there should be able to give you advice.  Or I would think your PCP has an answering service or another doctor covering for them while on vacation that could help.  I guess it depends on whether you can stick it out 2 weeks or not.  The wait would (did) drive me crazy!

ETA: You might want to test again.  Perhaps CD 30 and 32 were too early.  Fingers crossed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, IPW, sorry you are going through this uncertainty.  Were you on the pill when the cycles were regular?  Maybe your body is adjusting to the hormone change?  Like clc, I hope you are pg and it was too early to test.  In my absolutely non-medical opion, I highly, highly doubt you are in early menopause.  Try to hang in there.

Here's something to think about to distract you:  Last I knew, DH and I were keeping the fact that we are TTC private. Then this weekend, one of his friends mentions it casually to me.  So I ask why he thought that, ans it turns out it's because a third friend told him.  I'm not upset, it just never occurred to me that DH would bring it up to his friends, or even that guys would talk it about it among themselves.  I learn something new everyday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bless you for not being upset.  I don't like it when that happens at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

It is what it is I suppose.  I have you girls to talk to about it all I want, so in some ways I don't have to keep it a secret. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

IPW - Your pcp should be able to do FSH/LH which would indicate menopause.  I doubt this is the case too.  At some point post partum I had a cycle that was something like 45 days long.  NEVER has that happened to me. My FSH was actually better than it had been before.   I have no idea why but I ended up getting my period and everything has been regular since.  Or so I think.  I am jacked up on meds most of the time anyway so hard to tell.   So, I wouldn't worry too much but get some blood work done.

AFM - Wow I am in TTC purgatory - I POAS 8 days after my transfer and it was positive.  I was not convinced so the next day I did it again and it was positive.  Well 2 days later I was feeling less pregnant so I did it again and one was negative and one came back with a '?".  Really?  So I assumed it was a chemical pregnancy and my numbers were coming down . I did a blood test today and was surprised to see it was 93.  There is NO WAY a urine test should have been negative yesterday so must have been a bad batch.  I am having some spotting and cramping so won't know much until I have my repeat done later in the week.

The saga continues....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Lil, not knowing for certain is just torture- fingers crossed for another solid BFP in the coming days. Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

LIL - I totally have my fingers crossed for you!!  Keep positive - when will you test again?  How many days post transfer are you now?  10... 11?

November... it is funny what guys tell their friends.  We looked at two daycares last week (and of course totally disagree) and my DH came home letting me know what the guys at work thought!!  Interesting!

I also highly doubt I am in early menopause... but I guess I let my brain run wild.  I think my mom at 62 still occasionally has her AF, so I'm guessing I'll follow suit.  This is just odd.  Although LIL that is somewhat reassuring that you randomly had a 45 day cycle too.  I guess we can all just go off charts for a bit.  Forget who asked above, but my previos 5 or 6 AFs were on the minipill... which is a consistent 28 day pill with no hormonal changes.  So the fact that I was getting AF 24-27 days each month made me think I was fairly "regular."  This is the first cycle officially off... so I'll just chalk it up to that.  I'm CD37 today.  I do feel like crap (incredibly tired and had dizzy spells yesterday) so if nothing by the weekend, I'll probably test again.  The FRERs I bought last week had "one free" in the box and were on sale... so why not!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, sorry you're getting such mixed results - I'd be P'ingOAS all day...did you switch brands between the BFPs and BFNs?  GL - hoping the BFPs are the correct ones!!!

GL, IPW.  Hope your symptoms mean something!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry lil.  Hopefully you have another BFP in your future.

Good luck IPW. Might as well use up that free third test!

Nov, DH and I have been sticking with the "we aren't trying but we aren't doing anything to stop it" line when asked. However both sets of parents know we're trying. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Good luck LIL and IPW! Sounds like you're both in TTC Purgatory.

NOV, I think it's cute that DH is telling people. I take it to mean that he's excited about it. It's hard to know how much is oversharing. I don't want to tell people at all, but I feel like I'm answering the "when are you having kids" question at least once a week. I usually just tell them that we have a plan and leave it at that. It seems like our friends and family are on constant bump-watch, especially after DH's grandmother announced to his cousins that she thinks I'm pregnant. Apparently it's time for some situps! :-) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, lil - how confusing!  Crossing my fingers that it was a bad batch of tests and your bloodowrk comes back with good results.

Fingers crossed for you, too IPW.  Third time is supposed to be a charm, right?

CLC - if you don't mind my asking, how/why did you decide to tell your parents? Sometimes I really want to talk to my mother about it,  and other times I think it could be awkward to have them know.  I'm not sure why.  We are very close and I tell her (almost) everything anyways.  DH's mother and aunts ask all the time when we are going to have a baby and I usually just deflect it. 

ETA:  the tellin the parents about TTC question is up for anyone who did tell or didn't tell. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chiclet, maybe it was just the style of your top, not your "needing situps" that gave your cousin the wrong idea.  I sent a photo of me in a sundress with an empire waist last year, and she asked if I were "telling her something."  Sigh. Oh, well.  No more empire waisted dresses for me...I guess I really DID look pg, what was I thinking?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Don't kill yourslef doing situps Chiclet - granny's eyes are probably playing tricks on her, making her see what she wants to see.
    Same for you Kar - I think people see what they want to sometimes.  To me, it looks like you are wearing a comfortable summer dress.  I could never cut the empire waist out of my wardrobe - I'd be left with very little to wear!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks ladies! I've always had a round stomach. It sticks out in every dress I've ever worn. DH's grandmother got it into her head that we were going to make an announcement at our anniversary party. When we didn't, I think she just wanted to wish it into being. (If only it were that easy, right?!?) She started telling DH's siblings that she thought I was and then, when she still didn't get the announcement she was looking for, she just decided to take the news to the rest of the family. Lovely!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Beta today was 157.  Looks like things are going well considering yesterday was 93.  Oh the ups and downs in TTC are not for the weak at heart.  Painful!   Now I wish I could just put my mind on vacation for the next 9 weeks!

I hope everyone else is doing well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, lil!!!  Sounds very promising - isn't that a BFP?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yay lil!  You are PG!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Yay lil!!!

Sections
Shortcuts