September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Re: September 2011

Katel - thinking of you and Roxi today.  Good luck.  The hardest thing to do is do what you are doing.  But sounds like you are making the right decision 100%.  I had to do the same for a cat with neuro issues and it was beyond hard.  Unfortunately I didn't have another animal so can't give advice on what to do to help Coco.  I would imagine lots of love and cuddles from you, lots of outdoor walks and activity to keep her busy and exercised.  Perhaps a new friend soon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Thanks, ladies! Yesterday was a hard day, but honestly, as soon as it was over, I cried a little bit but I felt really at peace with it. I know it was the right thing to do. My vet was AWESOME. She gave Roxi a bunch of treats and then said, "you know what? I think I have a piece of pizza in the fridge". She went and got it and Roxi CHOWED down a whole piece of pizza (she had a ton of food allergies, so never got to eat human food). She was SO happy. The vet started to talk to me about the process, and I said, "you know what? If it's ok, I'd like to leave right now. I'd like to leave her happy and eating pizza". So I did. I know that after I left they gave her a sedative to make her sleep, and then once she was sleeping they have her the other drug. So, I don't feel badly about not being there with her, because in her mind, she was just taking a post-pizza nap. I told her I loved her and that she was the world's best dog, then I left. Coco and I went for a long walk last night and another one this AM, she seems a little confused, but I think she'll be fine.
    Thanks for all of your support, ladies! It was a tough thing to do, but it was the right thing, and I really feel at peace with it. If any of you ever have to go through this, I'll support you!
    Good luck to everyone this month, whether you're in your 2ww, BDing like crazy, or just....waiting....I'll say prayers for you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Katel - sorry to hear about Roxi.  You know it's the right decision but it doesn't make it any easier.  Unfortunately I can't give any advice for Coco but you might want to ask the vet.  They might know what has worked for their other patients.  Best of luck in these next few days, I'm sure they will be trying.

Lil, I'm very sorry to hear that your beta isn't increasing.  I'm with Nov, any chance this will still work out? TTC does s*ck at times, at least we're all in it together.  Vent away...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

And Lil, I'm so sorry to hear that your numbers aren't going the way they should. What a freaking bummer. It's ok for you to vent, it's ok for you to be incredibly frusterated or pi*sed off, or whatever you need to feel. Your repeat is tomorrow? Good luck, and do whatever you need to do until then to feel as good as you can!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Katel, what a wonderful last moment for you and Roxi.  I have tears in my eyes.  Just love Coco as much as you can and do, and let her love you back, and you both will be just fine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm wiping tears away, too, katel - what a moment, and I think you were so wise to let that be your last image of dear Roxi.  I hope I can be as brave as that when the time comes for Gracie.

lil, TTC does s ck.  Trying s cks in general because doesn't it imply failing?  It took me awhile to realize that "TTC" had its suckiness built right into the name, but there it is.  Best to you as you process whatever comes next.  Keep us posted.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Too funny Kar.  You made me smile.  Thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]Too funny Kar.  You made me smile.  Thanks!
    Posted by luckinlife[/QUOTE]

YAY!  Mission accomplished. Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hi ladies! Katel, I am so very sorry to hear about Roxi. Your story had tears streaming down my face. But, what a nice and loving way to say goodbye. I'm so glad you're feeling at peace with the way things happened. We had to put down a very beloved cat years ago - such a terribly hard decision, but the right thing to do.

lil, I'm so sorry to hear that your numbers aren't increasing as they should. But I'm really hopeful that you'll get some good news today. Thinking about you. And yes....TTC sure does s&ck!! Being jacked up on meds can definitely make it s&ck even harder.

clc - hooray for the positive OPK, and I hope you and DH have been having some fun evenings :) Fingers crossed that September is your month!

Nov, how are you doing? I was so sorry to hear about last month's bfn, but I must say that I have a good feeling about this month for you! Are you still using OPKs?

Kar, how are things with you?

IPW, sorry about the long cycle. Those are so frustrating! But, how lucky that you're seeing your PCP soon. If nothing else, I'm sure that'll put your mind at ease. Isn't it funny how we spend so many years wishing AF would disappear, and then the time comes that you desperately want her to show up so you can start the next cycle?

rhm, how are you doing? I hope you're feeling great.

AFM, I'm doing well...I'm chugging along at 10.5 weeks! I got to hear the LO's heartbeat the other day, which was just amazing. I'm really excited to wrap up the first trimester in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking of you all and hoping for lots of autumn bfps....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, thinking of you...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Tang, I'm OK, thanks.  I'm not keeping track of my cycle at all these days so I have no idea where things stand, but we're not preventing anything, and we "don't prevent" plenty so who knows what might happen. Embarassed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

lil - I'm not giving up on you yet!

katel - I think that was a great way for Roxi to go - getting to eat pizza and getting a hug from you. I'm sure this weekend was hard, but you sound like you are doing okay.

tang - congrats on 10.5 weeks! I am doing okay. I think I might be at the beginning of the 1st trimester yuckies. I have this mild, vague upset stomach feel, but nothing too terrible (yet). Need to get some carbs in me and stock up on ginger ale/vitamin water with B vitamins. 1st u/s is scheduled for Friday, 9/23.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Tang!  Yay for hearing the heartbeat!!

Thx for your good thoughts.  I am hanging in there.  Using my OPKs and still seeing faint lines.  Came across a bottle of Mucinex while looking in the cabnet for something for DH's allergies, and thought "hmmm...."  Didn't take it though.  I hope this is the month, but if not, it'll be October, and PCP said she'd refer me at that point if I want. So, as usual, we will wait and see. 

Also thinking of you lil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Katel - Sounds like Roxi had the best exit to doggie heaven possible!

AFM - I am in a very weird position of feeling more positive than my RE. For those of you who don't know me I do not believe in positive thinking in TTC just like Kar. :) I had not a hope in this world after my hcg went from 286 to 355 in 3 days.  Then it went from 355 to 447 to 598 in the next 3 consecutive days.  I thought that was positive since that is a doubling time of 2.5 days.  However, my RE thinks the levels a low.  I think they would somewhat compare to my levels with DD but we stopped checking them.

So... the waiting continues.  Plan to have u/s next week.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!  I realize that I am so fortunate that this is a second time around but I think I have some residual PTSD from the first time.

RHM- No fat lady yet!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Good luck lil!  will say a little prayer that things keep going in the right direction for you

Congrats Tang on hearing the heartbeat, that's so exciting!

Kar, I don't know if you've given more thought to adoption (I know we discussed in a thread several months back) but I remember you saying your DH was stunned at the cost. For what it's worth, there is an adoption tax credit that I think might be fairly generous. I haven't looked into it in depth and, again, no idea if this is something you'd want to pursue or not, but wanted to mention it in case cost was/is a major deterrent. Just throwing it out there :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Lil - thinking positive for your numbers, and next week's u/s!!

Tang... congrats... it is beyond the coolest thing to hear that little sound fluttering away.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, I thought doubling every 2.5 days was on the low side, but still within the range for a viable pregnancy.  Hoping for the BEST!!!

tang, that's so exciting!  

tc, thanks for the tax credit info.  (I wonder why the gov't would be interested in paying people tax dollars for their choice to have a private adoption or if it just applies to state adoptions as an incentive to go that way.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Hello TTC ladies,
    I have been reading your posts for months now and finally want to join you. I have learned so much from you all and now have a question. Last month I tried a 7 day supply of OPKs. I think I started testing too late and missed my surge. I have a new supply of 20 OPK's due to arrive today from Amazon. I'm wondering when I should start testing.

A bit of info on me. I was on bpc for about 10 years and stopped in June. I have been fortunate enough to have returned to a seemingly regular cycle since I stopped taking bpc (two months at 30 days, last month at 29). I am currently on CD 7.

I started the OPK's last month on day 13. I am thinking I should begin maybe on day 9 to see if I can catch the surge? Advice?

TIA!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome!

I started on Day 9 when I started using OPKs and never missed it.  My cycles are between 25 - 33 days long.  Not to be a debbie downer, but I'd order more than 20 next time - that's only 3 months worth especially as you're figuring things out; they come in packs of 50.

GL!

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Thanks. I was thinking CD 9 as well. Nice to get some confirmation.
    As for buying OPKs in bulk -- I thought about it, but am not certain how I feel about POAS every day. I figured I would try one month first and see how it goes before I commit to the 50 pack!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's just that it will very likely take you 3 or 4 months to get the hang of using the strips, that's all.  They're so cheap, too, and cheaper still the more you buy at once.  But, yeah, peeing in a cup for a week every month is a big pita.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sending more sticky vibes your way lil...  drs are people too and they can be wrong.  You know your body. 

WElcome to TTC, jc!  Don't worry - you'll get really good at peeing in a cup, really fast.  =)   Day 9 sounds like a good start. I wait a little longer, but I have been tracking CM and figured I O later, anyways.  This is only my second month using the OPKs (got the 50 pack).  Good luck and keep posting!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Welcome JC!  Just one question, you were referencing POAS style opks, which are a bit more expensive.  There are pee in a cup style that you then dip the test into the cup that are WAY less expensive, that is what Kar and Nov are referring to.  Not sure if it was just a typo/abbreviation error, but just wanted to let you know in case.

As an example, 40 opks and 10 pg tests for $9:
    http://www.amazon.com/Combo-40-Ovulation-10-Pregnancy/dp/B001FYLNVU/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1316196269&sr=1-2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

I did splurge and buy the sticks. I was overwhelmed with the choices on Amazon and just went with the sticks. If I need them next month, I'll go with the dip style!
    Thanks for the support already!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It can be a long haul, jc.  I wish I hadn't splurged on anything at the beginning of the process (3 years ago); I'd have saved myself a lot of cash.