September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: September 2011

Congrats lil!  Hopefully those numbers keep rising. Damn those POAS tests!

Nov - we didn't really talk about telling our parents to be honest.  I'm very close with my mom and we talk everyday so it seemed natural to tell her.

DH decided to tell his dad the other week when he went home for a visit (a few drinks had been enjoyed before he shared that news). I was nervous about his parents finding out because I wasn't sure how MIL would handle the news.  She became a little difficult when it came to wedding planning.  I can only imagine what will happen once we have kids.  But so far so good, then again I haven't seen or spoken to her since DH told his dad.  So we'll see what happens...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At our ages when we got married and everyone knowing we want kids, it wasn't awkward, our ttc was assumed.  What's awkward is my mom "casually" bringing up the dangers of getting pregnant post-40.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

congrats Lil...here's hoping your numbers keep raising!

It's a crazy week and I will be back later to catch up.  Thinking of you ladies and wishing you well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Just wanted to share a blog I came across through a friend of mine on another ttc board: http://eggsandsperm.com/. She is not the author, but I think I will definitely follow this blog. I'm sure many (but not all of you) can relate...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I peeked at it rhm and read "Pretending you are pregnant is not cute"  So true.  That "game" drives me nuts.  Thx for the link - I'll read more tonight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats LIL! Another beginning of the month BFP! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

rhm- was the blog you referenced about how to deal/interact with friends who are infertile? The part I read really made sense to me, having been on both sides of the fence. When I was dealing with my IVF failures, a close friend (also 42) got pregnant without difficulty and I was thrilled for her but sad for myself at the same time. We talked about it and were very sensitive to each other's feelings (we work together so we couldn't have avoided each other even if we wanted to). Now that I'm pg, I have another friend who has become very distant (she can't get pg because of some complex medical issues unrelated to fertility). I do my best to avoid talk of the pg but it's hard when others are around who don't realize her situation.

Yay Lil!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

tc, it's a blog written by a woman who had fertility issues (I think she had an ectopic and then was ttc for a good amount of time and the week she was supposed to go in to her fertility center, she got a surprise BFP). I haven't read too much of her stuff yet, but I like her honesty and wittyness (sp?). She does talk about how people with no fertility problems have no clue how things feel for infertile people (baby showers, posting u/s pics as your fb page, etc). She's in her 3rd trimester now so she may post about how it feels to be on "the other side". Haven't read too much yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Hi Ladies! I'm not TTC any more, but I still read the thread and I'm still cheering you all on from the sidelines!
    I went to that woman's blog. I like the way she writes, very honest!! She is witty, I agree, rhm, and I love that she's been on both sides of these feelings.
    Even now, I still have some "pangs" for TTC. For those of you who don't know me, my husband VERY unexpectedly walked out on me a year ago (it will be a year on 9/18...I can't believe it's been that long already). He told me he was going to visit his Mom for 2 week. I had just OV'd and we had been BDing, etc...We BD'd on Thursday AM before I went to work "to up our chances" (his words), and by Saturday, he was gone. Never saw him again. He lied to me for 2 weeks (my 2ww, btw!) and said he was at his Mom's, only at the end of those 2 weeks did I find out he was living with another woman. Crazy!
    Anyway, in dealing with the pain of the abandonment and my marriage ending (I'm STILL waiting for my court date! Thanks Suffolk County courthouse backlog!), I've also been dealing with the loss of my TTC status. I was all set to get pregnant, have a familiy, etc. I assume that I am able to get pregnant, but like some of you perhaps who have had trouble, it's almost like the decision to do so was taken out of my hands.  It stinks. A friend told me back in November or so that she was pregnant, I cried all day. It has gotten a little bit better as I am adjusting to my new single life and status, but sometimes I still get those feelings of "I should be pregnant now or have a baby and a husband and everything we had planned for"....
    So, while I may not be in the same boat as you ladies, I think we can all understand how hard it can be to be TTC and dealing with all of the very complex emotions that surround it. And, if I may say so, I think you are all doing a wonderfully amazing job of handling those emotions authentically and well. 
    Good luck, ladies, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, katel, so good to hear from you.  I cannot believe it's been a year already.  It's got to be so hard - so many seriously issues to deal with, and in many ways a year later is harder than when it first happens.  It's sunk in, now, and the ramifications are all apparent.  Speaking as someone who's gone through a divorce, I hope you're getting the professional care you'd recommend for your own clients.  Book knowledge is not the same as getting real help for yourself, but I suppose I'm preaching to the choir, right?  I can't relate totally, but enough that I can say I've felt a lot of your pain, and I'm sorry you're going through this.

Thanks for stopping in and sharing your update.  Hope you'll continue.

Blessings,
    ~kar 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi katel.  I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you with the year-mark approaching.  I remember your heartbreaking post right after it happened and hope that you are feeling better and stronger as time goes on. Thanks for continuing to support those of us TTC, even though it must be hard at times for you to do so.  Please continue to post and let us support you, however we can!

Ho is everyone doing?  New bfp's feeling OK?  CLC are you taking the Mucinex?  Notice any difference?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

katel, I remember you. I'm sure it is difficult for you to see people who are at a place in their lives you thought you would be. I'm sure the 1 year mark also doesn't help. Hang in there!

I'm feeling weirdly fine. Waiting for the whole first trimester yuckies to hit, but they haven't yet. Not that I'm complaining, but I remember how horrible I felt the first time. Hmm...going for a 3rd beta test tomorrow. Not sure why I'm doing that, but figuring it's their protocol. It's been about 10 days since the 1st beta.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hello Katel, I also remember your post from last year.  Thanks for checking in and best of luck dealing with the 1 year mark.  Sending positive thoughts your way.

Good luck with the third beta, RHM.

Nov, I did use the Mucinex for two weeks.  I'm in what I would guess is the 2ww at this point so I stopped taking it over the weekend.  I'll be honest I didn't really notice a difference but if it's worked for others I'm willing to keep using it.  I also used the OPK strips this month but had a hard time detecting my surge.  Just hoping for the best this month! 

How are you doing with the OPK's Nov?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Forgot to add that over the past few weeks I've had a friend hounding me about when we were going to get pg.  I know that her questions and comments are innocent enough and that she's truly excited for us to start a family but it's become a little much.  I'm the first of our group of friends to be married and the first to TTC so I know that she doesn't understand the emotions that come along with TTC so I've tried to cut her some slack but last week I had enough.  I finally had another friend step in and tell her to back off a little. She was a little surprised that her asking me would be upsetting but hopefully she will stop.

Anyone else deal with this?  Would you have handled it differently?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

GL in the 2ww, clc!  Just b/c you didn't notice it, doesn't mean the Mucinex won't make a difference.  Too bad about your friend, too, but at least you had another who could step in and you are sympathetic (not sure its the right word here) enough to cut her slack for not knowing what it is like.  I've had friends ask casually, but none have done so repeatedly - YET.  Sounds like you handled it gracefully.

I started using the strips again on Friday and have had faint lines.  Last month I had tons of faint lines, but definitiely had the one that was really dark.  I just hope this cycle is back to normal - not 40 days like last time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I deal with people asking personal questions myself.  Having a 3rd party do it can lead to unnecessary awkwardness between you and the person who was asking the questions.  A simple, "You know I know you care about us, and I appreciate that very much, but at the same time, I'd be happier if you would let me bring it up if you wouldn't mind."  Yeah, directness is tough, and having someone else say something takes the pressure off you, but then there's an elephant in the room between you and that friend indefinitely.  Whereas speaking up yourself, allowing her to apologize for overdoing it, accepting her apology, and moving on gets the job done and the air cleared all at the same awkward moment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

No wonder I had trouble reading the OPK strips this month... I finally saw a positive today.  Guess I'm not in the 2ww yet.  Looks like I have an exciting Tuesday planned Wink

IPW, how are things with you?  Have you tested again or has AF arrived?  Also, I lurk on the Infant boards so I'm happy your DS checked out okay!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A positive OPK means that you'll ovulate between 24 and 48 hours from now.  It's possible to get pg if you BD today even though you will not have ovulated yet because sperm can live a few days, but I'd probably plan an exciting Wednesday if you're only going to BD once.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

good luck, clc!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Excellent development, clc!  Good luck!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Good luck CLC.  Thanks for checking... I have yet to get AF... day 43.  And I tested last night actually as I was having wicked cramping.  Negative.  So who knows what is going on.  I have my annual next week... I will be asking my new PCP what she thinks.  My colleague thinks its because I've been under more stress than usual (looking for a new job, DS was sick and is now super fussy, DH issues, etc.) so perhaps that and the end of the mini-pill.  Who knows.

Hope LIL and RHM are feeling great!!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I swear, one of these days I'm going to win an award or save somebody's life or something, and I'll come on here and have only good things to report. But for now...
    I have an appt at 3:00 today to put my beloved dog Roxi down. I've had her since I moved to Louisiana in 2004. I have no idea how old she is, because she was an adult when I got her, but I think she's about 12 or so. Since Sunday night, she seems to be having some neuro stuff going on. Her toes are curling under on her paw and it's making it hard to walk, and she keeps falling. She can't get up and down the stairs to go outside. We did our normal 20 minute walk Sunday night. She was slow, but was fine, but I had to carry her up the stairs to get inside. She woke up last night to go out at 1:30am and fell in the backyard. She can't get up when she falls, so I know in my heart that it's time. She's had a great dog life and has been an amazing companion to me and my other dog Coc, and throughout this last tough year, she and Coco have been my lifesavers. I know it's the right thing to do, she doesn't seem to be in any pain, and I don't want to wait until she is, but MAN, IT SUCKS. I know some of you ladies have pets, so you can totally understand how I'm feeling right now. I kept trying to put my makeup on this AM to go to work but I kept crying every time I tried...thank God for waterproof mascara.
    Sorry to be such a debbie downer! 1 year anniversary of DH leaving is on Sunday. So, I figure, by next Monday, having both of these things be over, things will start looking up!!!
    On a related note (I'll post this in Pets, too, but I know and like you gals and don't know anyone over there!), can anyone tell me any ways to make this transition easier for Coco? Should I get rid of Roxi's dog bed or let Coco see if she wants it? Should I move Coco's bowl to where Roxi's was (I had to keep them separated to feed them) or leave it? I imagine that sticking to the regular routine will be helpful for her, but I can imagine that she'll miss her friend...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

katel, I'm so sorry for you, your family, and Roxi.  Please do not apologize for being down - everyone has ups and downs in life, and your ups will come.  For now, don't make matters worse by beating yourself up over being in a very low place.  I have never had to put a pet down, but Gracie is my first dog.  That will be one of the worst days of my life...I can sort of relate.  It's definitely Roxi's time, and she knows you love her.  

Best to you, my dear.  

~kar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Katel - I am so sorry to hear about Roxi.  I am convinced that no one will ever love me like my dog so your loss must be so real and deep.  I am so sorry!

AFM - My beta is not increasing as it should.  I am sure a miscarriage is imminent but currently jacked up on meds so not having any bleeding.  Going for repeat in 2 days but don't have any hope.  Why I thought things just might work out a little easier this time is beyond me. 
    TTC s*ucks!  I am sure you can all relate!  Sorry, had to vent!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Katel, I didn't see your post yesterday, but please know my heart is with you today. Roxi knows you loved her and she'll be there to meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.  Hugs to you and soft, gentle pats to Coco.

My best to you as well, LIL. TTC can s*uck. Vent away - we're here for you.  Is there still any hope for viability?