September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: September 2011

Hi Ladies,

Wow, I got a lot to catch up too!

Luck, congrats on those numbers doubling up!

Tan, congrats on hearing that heart beat.  It must have been an amazing!

clc, I sorry to here AF is here.  I two, experience wacky OKP results early in the year.  I even want out and brought some cheap OKPs to make so my clear blue were reading right.  The doctors did all kind of the blood but they could explain the OPK results.  What can I say...there is nothing normal when it comes to me.

IPW, I'm sorry your dealing with some sad news.  Your in my thoughts.

Nov, How are you doing with the OPKs?

Kar and Alf, it is great to see you guys...I hope all is well.

AFM, I'm on day 7 of this cycle and getting nervous about doing IUI. I just have to put my faith in the doctors and let them take control.  I too have been receiving some bad news and good news as well.  I have learned that an aunt and uncle have been diagnosis with cancer.  Plus several cousins and friends are expecting their second child.  Ah, the circle of life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

IPW and tomarra, sorry for your bad news.  2 diagnoses of cancer at once?  Wow...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Sorry to hear about the news too.  CLC sorry about BFN.

Things aren't looking so bright here.  U/s showed gestational sack and yolk sack which is fine for 6 weeks - no heartbeat yet but that wasn't surprising.  However, my gestational sack was smaller than expected.  RE gives it 50/50.  Have to wait another week.  Torture.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Hang in there LIL...this waiting game is the worst. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, such mixed signals and more waiting...our hearts go out to you as we all hope for the best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Just get through each day, lil, and a week will go by before you know it.  I'll be sending good thoughts your way all week.

Good to see you, tomarra.  Sorry to hear of your aunt's and uncles's diagnosis, and I'm sure hearing about the new babies is bittersweet.  Best of luck to you this cycle!  Are you more nervous this cycle than others, or just getting nervous with anticipation? 

afm - OPKs have been going good.  I got a very clear positive on Friday, so I'm back in the 2ww.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tomarra - sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle's recent diagnosis.  Good luck this cycle!

Lil - I can't imagine how hard this waiting must be.  Good luck getting through this week.  Hopefully everything turns out okay!

Nov - good luck in the 2ww.

IPW - sorry to hear that you're also dealing with some bad news.

AFM, just wondering which day I would consider day 1 for me? Sorry in advance for the TMI... started bleeding on CD 29 but until today its been dark brown (old blood).  From what I've read CD 1 is the day you see red blood.  Is that correct?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

IPW - sorry your dealing with some sad news

lil - I'm pulling for you and hope this is the fastest week ever

tom - sorry about your aunt and uncle

nov - good luck in your 2 ww

So we got a BFP on Sunday but now I'm kind of freaking out.  I had a little spotting yesterday and an ache/slight pain in my right side but today nothing.  Before DS was born we had 5 mc's so I keep thinking about that.  I don't really want to open up to anyone (friends/family) yet so I came to you ladies.  You really are a wonderful group of supporting people!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Llle, a little spotting that goes away is disconcerting, especially given your medical history of m/c, but I believe it sounds like it could really be OK.  No bleeding or cramping today is a great sign.  M/c cramps are bad and go on and on (in my experience).  GL and keep us posted!

clc, bright red is CD1, and while the time varies per doctor, late afternoon start means counting the next day as CD1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Llle - congrats on your BFP!  Honestly, I admire your courage having gone though 5 m/c.  How tough that have been particularly since it was prior to your DS!  It is a reminder that what I am going through is peanuts in comparison.  So far I have only been pregnant twice and have had spotting each time.  The first time obviously resulted in DD and I remember having a lot of cramping and spotting on and off.  I know so many people who have had spotting and have done just fine.  Do you have an RE or OB?  It would probably be worth monitoring your hcgs.

I just want to echo how nice it is to have the support of all the TTC'ers.  It really, really helps.

Novemb- good luck in the 2 ww!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceangirl503. Show oceangirl503's posts

Lil - I wanted to share my story with you to perhaps give you a little hope over the next week.

I know how you are feeling because almost the exact same thing happened to me.  After a year and a half of fertility issues, I finally got pregnant.  Four/five days after taking the pregnancy test, the brown spotting began.  I was brought in for an ultrasound and the ultrasound showed a sac, with no pole, no yolk sac and no baby.  My sac, however, was big, big enough for a baby so the midwife didn't not give the baby a 50/50 chance.  So, in my experience small sac and a yolk sac are a good sign because it may be too early for you to see the baby.  I was scheduled for another ultrasound in another week.  That week long wait was probably one of the worst weeks of my life.  It dragged.  The bleeding got worse over that weekend and I thought that I was experiencing the end.  I went in a few days later and the baby was there with its little tiny heart beat.  I was shocked.  What a difference a week can make.  I'm 34 weeks now and let me tell you, the worrying never ends.  It gets especially harder the closer you get to the end.

The reasons for my bleeding were twofold.  Most importantly - progesterone.  If your doctors are measuring you hcg levels they should be measuring your progesterone levels.  Please double check on those.  They almost missed how dangerously low my progesterone was (my level was lower than the average non-pregnant woman during ovulation).  I had to take supplements for a month but I really feel like this saved the baby.  Thankfully, one extra observant midwife was looking through my charts and caught it.  I also had a cyst that burst.  It's unclear if this would have happened naturally or if it had something to do with the progesterone, but have them check it out when they do your next ultrasound.

One thing I gained from this is that it has put my pregnancy in perspective.  The aches, pains, rude and insensitive comments from co-workers tend to just roll off my back.  You truly will appreciate every moment that you are pregnant, no matter how hard it is.  I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats on your BFP Live!  You came to the right place - we're here for you, and we're happy for you. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Ocean - thank you so much for your post . Because I have had a frozen transfer with donor eggs, I am already on IM progesterone. Typically at this stage my gestational sac should have been larger but I am not completely giving up hope.

I have been fortunate enough to already have a successful pregnancy with donor egg.  I am grateful everyday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Luck - thinking of you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceangirl503. Show oceangirl503's posts

Lil - good don't give up hope yet!  I'm glad you have had a successful pregnancy and I will be hoping for another success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

LIL, sending heartbeat and sticky thoughts your way! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, sounds like the baby/sac is measuring small, and that might explain why the heartbeat wasn't detectable yet.  Just a few days too early would be the difference between hearing or not hearing it.  If the date of conception is off just a little it would explain everything...hoping it does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

LLLE - congrats on the BFP.  Sending sticky thoughts your way.

Thanks for the clarification Kar!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Kar - Well, there is no question on the dates of conception.  That is the beauty of having children without s@ex . Just takes all the guess work out of it. :)
    However, I am hoping that b/c it was a frozen transfer, sometimes they take a little longer to get going.  I guess only time will tell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No wiggle room in implantation date, though?  Yeah, I'd think frozen embryos wouldn't move as fast.  Even one day shy might make a difference regarding heartbeat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

LLLE and Luck, your in my thoughts.  Cossing my finger anf toes for you guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

LLLE - congrats!!  We're you guys officially trying?  Or just not trying to prevent?  

LIL - sending very sticky thoughts your way.  Really hoping 

Tomarra, your family is in my thoughts.  Unfortunate that cancer affects so many lives.  My bad news is the same... cancer surgery that didn't go well for a SIL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

IPW, your SIL and your family are in my prayers.

No one likes to hear news about cancer but I feel my uncle got very lucky being that his cancer is stage one for he has been a smoker since he was 12.  As, for my aunt this is her second breast cancer diagnosis so this battle is going to be a lot harder this time.  They are both hopefully and got the support of the whole family.  Hopefully it will be a good out come for both.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

LLLE - missed your BFP post - thinking of you as well!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Thanks everyone!  I know everything is probably fine...just can't get out of my own head.  Positive news no spotting at all since and the fatigue has hit big time...if I could make my new bed time 7pm I think I would.

IPW - we just weren't preventing and were really surprised by the positive test thought my cycles were just getting longer since each month since getting AF back has been a little longer than the month before

Tomarra and IPW - both your families are in my thoughts

Sections
Shortcuts