September TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: September TTC

I feel for you guys...big hugs to you all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry to all you guys who got a visit from AF.  :(

I cave and test early every month, and we've been TTC for over 2 years, and it's even more ridiculous since I've been using the OPK strips and know exactly when to expect AF within a few hours - it never fails.  I STILL can't wait, and I don't even have the variability that made it make sense before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

I'm not even married yet, but FI and I know we will start TTC'ing about 6 months after the wedding. Can we just do it the old fashioned way? Letting nature takes its course, or is it better to really time things? I get so confused when I read the TTC boards (which I know shouldn't be reading right now).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Augustbride, I would start to keep track of the day you get your period.  I did it for a year before we TTC'ed.  I always thought I was regular, but it turned out it would arrive anywhere from day 28 to day 37.  You need to have an idea of when it will arrive so you'll know when you ovulate.  Everything else is optional!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hi August!  I think following this thread is a good place to start :)  I feel like just reading what all of these ladies have to say has taught me everything I needed to know about TTC.

I agree with Fram - I'd just keep track of your cycle (I use google calendar, haha!) just to get an idea of when AF comes each month (especially if you will be coming off the pill?).  Like Fram, after I went off the pill, even though I was so predictable pre-pill, AF would come anywhere between 28-35 days.  I am not PG yet but just starting TTC...so I am just getting an idea of the ovulation guessing game.  The only other thing I am doing is paying attention to CM for the first time in my life...and keep an eye out for that egg white CM, as that's an indicator that you're ovulating.  Otherwise we're just having fun and hoping nature takes the course we want it to!

Best wishes with the wedding and TTC!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: September TTC:
    [QUOTE]I'm not even married yet, but FI and I know we will start TTC'ing about 6 months after the wedding. Can we just do it the old fashioned way? Letting nature takes its course, or is it better to really time things? I get so confused when I read the TTC boards (which I know shouldn't be reading right now).
    Posted by augustbride20[/QUOTE]

Depends on how old you are and how much sex you're having a week.  If you're in your 20s and have sex 3 times a week, you'll cover your fertile time because eggs live 12 - 24 hours (I think) and sperm can live days.  So, there ya go.  However, if you're in your 30s and have sex less than 3 times a week, you might want to be more mindful of being intimate at the right time of month.

It's not hard either way, though, to keep an eye on the middle week of your cycle just for peace of mind that you are covering it adequately.   You can even keep it to yourself and be extra frisky when you know your week is here.  My DH tends to get a little freaked out by the pressure of "baby week."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Arg... 2 more friends just announced they're pregnant. I know I shouldn't be frustrated by this, we just started trying.  The timing for when we started TTC is what works for us.  But still... part of me is just so jealous.  and DH totally doesn't understand why I would be jealous.  In his mind we're doing what is right for us, so who cares what the rest of the world is doing.  I on the other hand have this irrational feeling that now that we have decided the time is right... I want it to happen NOW. 

On the bright side... I have ordered the el cheapo ovulation strips from Amazon.  I am way too much of a type A to leave this all to chance.  The box arrived... and DH was like "what's in the box?" me... "stuff to make baby-making easier" DH... "I don't want to know" me... "It's better that way"  :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Bostongrl- it's so normal to be jealous of others who get pg. I just have a lot of friends with babies and that was hard enough!
    Oh and the amazon strips were by far the best purchase I made this whole year!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

bostongrl, it really IS best that he doesn't know...it will ensure that he isn't stressed out over the "pressure" when you say "go." :-)

I can appreciate the jealousy factor and the desire for instant gratification...but I truly believe the less pressure you put on the situation, the easier it will come. And when it does, it will be the right time for you at that moment.

and then, when you are pregnant, you will be jealous of all the women who are in their 2nd trimester while you're biting your nails for 12,13,14 weeks (whatever it is) hoping and praying that there really is something growing in there...lol...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

bostongrl, I feel the same way, and I have no idea why!  This is our first cycle TTC, I've never even taken a HPT let alone received a BFN...  so I don't know why I have those jealous feelings of other girls who are pregnant already.  I think I just am really impatient.  It's like once we decided, I just wanted to get the job done and be a glowing pregnant lady, nausea, sore boobs and all. 

It's kind of like waiting to get engaged and everyone around you keeps showing off their rings.  It's something else that you have to be patient for and accept that you are not in control of the situation and it will happen when it happens.  (Ok, maybe that was just the case with me waiting for DH to pop the question!!) 

I'm also terrible at this two week wait thing.  I agree, I just want to know now.  I think if it doesn't work this time around that I'm going to pick up those amazon testing strips and keep that secret from DH so he doesn't think I'm [more of] a control freak [than I already am].  I'm going to test a week from today...that is if AF doesn't arrive.  It's great because it will coincide with our first anniversary trip and either we'll celebrate a BFP or we'll celebrate our anniversary with a lot of wine! 

Sorry, I feel like I responded with a lot of "I" statements...just want you to know I can empathize! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Fram, if you think that's upsetting, please think of how those of us dealing with infertility feel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sorry Alto, Was just trying to say that I didn't appreciate his taking it lightly when there are so many people struggling out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Just got back from the doctor's office, they are going to do IUI tranfer #2 on Tuesday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

LiLSprout... when did you guys get married?  DH and I are celebrating our 1st anniversary Monday.  well... we've celebrated all weekend :o)

And that is exactly how I feel.  This feeling of jealousy is exactly how I felt when waiting for a ring.  It is totally irrational, but none the less is how I feel.  I think in both scenarios (wedding and baby) I was ready way before DH and so I had all the ducks in a row so that when it was finally official we could just go.  Literally I had the reception hall, photographer, DJ and dress within 2 weeks of getting the ring.  Call me a control freak or type A... I don't care.  I am a total planner and I embrace it.  Now with the baby... I've been doing my research, figuring out the finances, looking into maternity leave policies, thinking about rearranging the house, etc.  DH and I talk about all this, it's not like I leave him out of this (nor did I leave him out of the wedding planning).  But it seems to work out for us when we have a discussion to figure out our major goals and ideas, I go off and do the research, and together we look through the options.  It's just what works for us.  Now for the baby... we've gotten to the point where we're ready to go.  But unlike the wedding, he can't just put the ring on my finger.  Now we've got to wait for mother nature to give us the go ahead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Good luck tomorrow Wed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Bostongrl, I am/was the exact same way :)  We were married on 9/12/09 but are celebrating this coming weekend! 

Good luck with TTC.  Hopefully it works for us soon! 

Now I have to sit back all week and resist testing...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks Prill!  I didn't have as many mature follicles this time though I guess it only takes one.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

prill - any updates on your situation?  did you call the nurse(s)?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

AF arrived yesterday, about half an hour after I had called the nurse! 

So nice of her to arrive, just so the timiing of my next IUI would be likely to fall over the Columbus Day weekend.... when we will conveniently be in Miami for a wedding... oh well, looks like we'll be trying to do it the natural way this time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, that AF is a real btch with timing!  We've lost a few months TTCing here and there to trips.  At least you can try the natural way, and on a nice relaxing long weekend, too.  I've heard that's when it happens!  Maybe this is a good thing. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

shoot - typical, prill!  but, at least she came so you can get going on cycle #2.  it happened for me the natural way the 2nd cycle so you never know.  FYI - i o'd a couple days later the 2nd time on clomid than on the 1st - so just make sure you're definitely "covered" for the whole window of opportunity!  :) 

Sections
Shortcuts