September TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: September TTC

I would be suspicious of anything claiming "100% accuracy".  Seems impossible for them to know that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

amy-lynn, thanks for that!  I never knew that.

poppy, in their defense, they don't claim 100% accuracy.  They claim that 100% of the pg women in their study did get a positive result and do state that it's possible for it to fail.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Well, they never give the actual details of their study (ie, how they picked who they used and didn't use, etc), so it's quite possible their study was biased towards only those subjects who had a positive result very early on.  It's also possible that the baby implanted a bit on the later side and I had low but fast increasing hCG.  Who knows, but I am also not the only person I know who had a negative result on that particular test 4 days before, so I tend not to believe it.  I will say that I was suprised at the negative result as I was convinced I was pregnant (turns out I was right).  In fact, I was so convinced that I didn't drink over the weekend despite the BFNs and despite the fact that with my prior two pregnancies (one with DD the other one which I miscarried), I had had early BFPs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Companies will stop at nothing within the law, I guess, to make more money.  I'm usually so savvy with those tricks, but I must have really wanted this one to be real.  I'd be so interested in an independant study of that particular one to see if there's anything statistically signficant at all regarding its boasting of boosting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I would start a new discussion to ask this, bt that function remains missing from my computer...

Does anyone have/know anything about a tilted cervix?  There was some mumbling of this when I had my IUI on Friday (it may also explain why it took a few attempts to insert the catheter for my HSG).  Just thought I'd see if anyone else knows of this, if there are any ramifications etc (with either getting pregnant, staying pregnant or delivery).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I just realized that I too got a false negative from the EPT that supposedly detects 4-6 days before AF is due (I forget the number it says on the box).  I took a test on Saturday and AF was due on Tuesday.  I didn't really put that together until now because I had originally thought ovulation/AF were on a Friday and that I had taken the test way too early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The FR one claims to have "hCG boosting agents" - was it that one, Fram?

Prill, since you can't start a new thread, here's a shout out to your question above (which I can't answer, sorry).

~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

The positive I got 4 days early with FRER was SO incredibly faint, I almost didn't notice it. I would have considered it negative if I hadn't looked at it a second (and third, fourth...100th) time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Kar, no it was an EPT, not an FR.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hi Prill - I have a tilted uterus, but have no heard of a tilted cervix...  is that what you are talking about?  If it's uterus (front vs. back), it generally doesn't affect getting pregnant... I have read though that if it's tilted toward the back that you may not feel baby until later in pregnancy than you would if you had a "normal"/front tilted uterus.  Tilted uteruses (uteri?) will right themselves during pregnancy.  But if it's cervix you're asking about, I have no idea...  I would think it's the same thing - as long as the opening is ok, then I can't imagine it being tilted would affect anything. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

The ultrasound tech told me last week my uterus was tilted - I've had a total of 4 ultrasounds before that in my life and that was the first anyone had mentioned it. I don't really know what it means. It definitely hasn't affected getting pregnant, though, and so far this pregnancy seems to be going well so I'm going to guess it doesn't affect that either (I hope!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Fram, yeah, the 5 day EPT doesn't have the supposed hCG response booster in it.  Seems it doesn't matter, though.  I'm done wasting money on any of the drug store ones and if I can't wait for AF I'll use a cheap dip strip from Amazon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Prill - I was going to say the same as LilSprout - I have a tilted uterus, but have not heard of a tilted cervix.  I have heard of an "incompetent cervix" (which I think is a terrible term), but not tilted... Hopefully you get some answers soon!  The tilted uterus has not affected my pregnancy at all, and in fact when the baby gets big enough, the uterus stops tilting (basically because there's nowhere for it to tilt to!), so if that's the issue, don't worry about it affecting TTC/pg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks guys, maybe it was/is uterus, but in my anxious state last Friday I mis-heard!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prill, you probably heard right. If the uterus is tilted so is the cervix. Here's a Mayo Clinic article on a tilted cervix.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I gotta say, this 2WW is killing me - especially as it is the first time that I am "consiously" aware that it is indeed that time.

I really wish I could stop over-analyzing every little twinge in my stomach or back!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I feel the same way Prill!  I still have over a week to go in my 2ww.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I think I have convinced myself that it is no go this month.  I have had weird stomach pains/cramps for the last 24 hours, am just feeling 'off' and last night just felt so bloated.  I was then woken at around 4 with this fierce stabbing pain on my right side, lasted about 10 minutes.  So, I think my period may be coming (although the stabbing sensation is not normally an AF symptom for me).

And I am still supposed to have one more week until I can POAS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

prill... sorry if my 2 cents is getting old, but - just wanted to say don't despair.  clomid worked for me the 2nd month and i think the 3rd month for daisy.  i think the chances of it working the 1st month are so low (dr h says 15% right?) because in one's cycle the egg for the next month is getting prepped during the current month's 2ww.  so, if your cycle was off last month (before starting clomid), your egg production for the this month might have been off too.  thinking of it this way made me feel better (this was after i got my bfp though so it might not be making you feel better - eek!).  but, what i mean to say is, if nothing else this month (and never say never!), your body might at least be cranking on a very healthy egg (or two) for next month!  keeping my fingers crossed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Prill/Wed - KMFX for the both of you!!! I think Stefani is on to something there!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I started Prometrium last night and hope AF arrives by the end of the weekend. I've been spotting the last couple of days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Prill - Not to give you false hope, but the week before I got my BFP I absolutely thought I was experiencing PMS.  I had pains similar to cramps and felt a bit emotional, which made me feel so down.  You never know!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

For those of you that went on metformin...this is so embarrassing...did it give you the runs?

Crossing my fingers for all you ladies!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Not to add to the potential false hopehood...but I, too had INTENSE gas pains and cramping about a little over a week before the BFP.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it also doesn't necessarily mean you should give up hope yet!

fingers crossed for all of you in the 2ww! :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks Fra and Silver.  I am trying not to get too excited by the possibility, but also trying not to be a Debbie Downer and stress about it!

And if not this month, then hopefully Stef is right.... hey, if IUI worked for you the second month, then it probably will for me too, being conception twins and all!

Have a great weekend everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

prill, we are conception twins!  but remember, i didn't have IUI the 2nd month b/c the OPKs didn't work (!!!) - so do your own BD-ing just in case!  ;)

metformin made me feel AWFUL - i don't think i had the runs, i might have had the opposite problem, but i hated life the 3 months i was on it.  but - a lot of people get over the side effects - here's hoping, tomarra!  GL.

Sections
Shortcuts