Tips for staying sane?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amrunner. Show amrunner's posts

Tips for staying sane?

Hi Ladies-

I could use a bit of help staying sane and normal...my dh and I are about to start our third month TTC. The first month, I was giddy at the thought that we might be lucky enough to get pregnant right away and spent a bit too much time googling pregnancy symptoms. I banned myself from google during month two and spent most of the tww convincing myself that I wasn't pregnant. I figured I couldn't be disappointed if I wasn't expecting it. Despite this, I spent a great deal of time and effort analyzing everything (was that headache my usual PMS headache or something else? Was that implementation cramping or did I eat Mexican for lunch?) and was still disappointed when AF showed up.

Here's my question...anyone have any tips for staying sane and normal, especially during the tww? I know that we're still early in the ttc journey and in the event that it takes us a while, I'd like to be equipped with some coping strategies.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kokova15. Show kokova15's posts

Re: Tips for staying sane?

My advice would be to try to enjoy your relationship with your DH.  Make pretend you just met & try to relive the time when you just met and you had those warm fuzzy feelings... Plan a getaway, just the two of you.  Do something out of the ordinary - make a romantic dinner with soft music in the background.  Since I know from personal experience - I can relate to your feelings.  You are totally normal.  3 kids later...The best piece of advice that I got was to just simply try to enjoy this special bonding time.   And, try not to look at it as "time sensitive", but rather a new phase of your life is about to take place.  Embrace it, relax and enjoy!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Re: Tips for staying sane?

AM - Don't have much advice as I'm in the same place as you.  This is only our 2nd month of trying and the last month I was just silly.  On chat rooms all day reading everyone's stories, googling symptoms and viewing the week by week timelines on several sites.  And I am so not this neurotic about anything else in life. I'm just trying so hard to stay normal and calm, going out with DH and making plans with friends as well, trying to stay busy.  I'm in the TWW now, either testing or AF around the 16th.  Trying to get excited about other stuff too to distract me... a family dinner later in October and starting to plan for a winter ski trip. 

Best of luck and know that you are totally normal... at least because I'm feeling the same way and hope that I'm normal too Smile