Will you get the H1N1 vaccine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Will you get the H1N1 vaccine?

As someone TTC, someone who commutes by train and lives with an older person, I am debating getting the H1N1 vaccine when it becomes available. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Re: Will you get the H1N1 vaccine?

I will tell you that I am pregnant and discussed it with my doctor and he is saying get it.  TTC you could get pregnant right away.  It won't be available until sometime in October.  I am not thrilled about getting it, but they said it's just a variation of a flu shot and the risks far outweigh any side effects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm not getting it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I try to get as few injections as possible. I hate needles.  Also, people managed to procreate for years w/o having all these new injections.  Unless your dr is telling you that you need it for a specific reason, I'd skip it.  They recommend that I get a flu shot b/c I have asthma, but I've noticed that since I stopped getting the flu shot, I've had fewer colds and sinus infections.  Go figure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Tough one.  I tend not to like to be the first one in the new vaccine pool [no, really -- you go first.  I'll catch up. I'm RIGHT BEHIND YOU.  Yup], so to speak, but I have asthma and we're TTC.  So I will most likely talk it over with my doctor, then I'm leaning towards getting it. 

If I didn't have the asthma issue, I might still lean towards no.  It's not that I am one of these vaccine-averse people, I just have qualms about stuff that gets rushed to market. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

I'm not getting it, and I'm not allowing anyone in my family to get it.  I'm concerned with the rushed nature of it's development. in the 1970's the last time they had a swine flu vaccine the side effects were horrible-mind you I recognize that they've hopefully learned from that vaccine, and things are a little better. But when you look at the HPV vaccine and all the problems that are coming up with that-girls becomign paralyzed, dying-I pass on new vaccines.

I would definitely pass if I was TTC or pregnant-one never knows the impact the vaccine would have on the baby. A chance I wouldn't take.