Best basement waterproofing companies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Best basement waterproofing companies?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good basement waterproofing company and give me a ballpark idea on their prices.   Any personal stories are appreciated.  I don't want to install a sump pump/french drain because I don't think my water problem is that bad.  I'm thinking about foundation waterproofing with sealants or epoxys.  Any thoughts, recommendations, or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MANGOTWO. Show MANGOTWO's posts

Re: Best basement waterproofing companies?

Do NOT use Basement Technologies.  I hired them to do work for my condo when I was on the Board. They sketched out a very minimal plan (which was to cover their as$ later on), then they proceeded to take advantage of the fact that we were all new homeowners. They asked me and the other owners to do some work for them that was in their way (tear down floor joists that were needed for stability), asked to drill up into a homeowners unit when they couldn't go directly to the outside. etc. I ended up taking them to small claims court and winning for all the tricks they pulled. They did the worst work which we needed to repair and they are all criminals! A tactic these bad companies use is the fact that they keep switching names and phone numbers. Nothing matches. Go to Angie's List, sign up, and hire someone reputable. dont make the mistake we did. If anyone has any work from this company I recommend they hire an engineer to check it. I bet it's done all wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  I just got a quote from Basement Systems but I still want to check out a company in Billerica called Done Right Services.  They claim to have a way to waterproof a basement without the use of french drains and sump pumps.  From the reviews I've read, they seem legit with scores of satisfied customers.  I just hope they aren't using Sodium Bentonite.  I heard that isn't effective.  Any other companies/stories are greatly appreciated.  Thank you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SharonRealtor. Show SharonRealtor's posts

my parents have lived in West Peabody since 1969 and have always dealt with water, even with 2 pumps they would still get a couple of inches, this year I finally convinced my dad to put in a bdry system.  They were great, they dug around the bathroom down there and the heating system and oil tank as well.  It took them about 4 days to complete at about $6600 with no batttery backup.  I believe my dad it very happy with his purchase especially since we have been finishing the basement!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EngineerChic. Show EngineerChic's posts

In Response to Re: Best basement waterproofing companies?:
    I still want to check out a company in Billerica called Done Right Services.  They claim to have a way to waterproof a basement without the use of french drains and sump pumps.  From the reviews I've read, they seem legit with scores of satisfied customers. 

We had an estimate from Done Right.  They use an elastomeric paint to coat the floor & walls of your basement.  We decided not to go with them for a few reasons:
    1 - I can buy elastomeric paint myself & apply it ($50/gallon).  Their estimate seemed high for essentially an expensive paint job.
    2 - I don't want water saturating our foundation walls & floors, only to be stopped by a rubber-ish coating.  What if that coating gets scratched?  What if I drop something on the basement floor or I'm not careful enough when I move the washer or dryer?
    3 - Someday we want to finish the basement, so we will need to pop holes into the concrete to install metal studs & such.  Again - I don't want to destroy the only thing keeping water from flooding our basement.

Now, if you were going to apply such a paint to the OUTSIDE I think that would be part of a good solution.  That would keep the concrete dry & keep the water outside.

We're going with a company that does traditional, interior french drains to a sump pump.  But we have a high water table (I think) so it makes sense.  At least, I think that's what we're doing.  We might change our minds & go with exterior french drains as our foundation sticks out of the ground a good 4', so the digging can't be too awful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Engineer Chic, can you tell me what they quoted you? I've heard that it's relatively inexpensive. My basement only got water from this last epic rainfall.  That being said, I don't think I have a major water problem.  Do you know if tile/thinset can be layed over that elastomeric paint?  Did the company seem professional?  I'm just trying to avoid a french drain/sump pump situation if at all possible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from C_BPS. Show C_BPS's posts

If you live in the Bedford/Lexington area go with Ronchetti Waterproofing for an internal french drain system.  Better pricing than basement tech or bdry and local presence.  System has been flawless since he put it in my home and I've recommended him to others since.  Here's his site: http://ronchetti.blockweb.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

C BPS , do you know if they do exterior waterproofing or only internal?  I live in the Watertown/Waltham area, so I would give them a call if they did.  Thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from C_BPS. Show C_BPS's posts

hey rodman,
    I believe they only do internal waterproofing but it might be worth giving him a call.
    Good luck

C BPS , do you know if they do exterior waterproofing or only internal?  I live in the Watertown/Waltham area, so I would give them a call if they did.  Thanks
    Posted by rodman75

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EngineerChic. Show EngineerChic's posts

Engineer Chic, can you tell me what they quoted you? I've heard that it's relatively inexpensive. My basement only got water from this last epic rainfall.  That being said, I don't think I have a major water problem.  Do you know if tile/thinset can be layed over that elastomeric paint?  Did the company seem professional?  I'm just trying to avoid a french drain/sump pump situation if at all possible. 
    Posted by rodman75

Hi Rodman - sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  They quoted between $5k & $6k.  For just under $10k we are going with a perimeter drain system (where someone jackhammers the floor, installs a drainage pipe and a sump pit, then puts new cement over the trench they dug).  So we're spending 2x the money but getting 4x the work done (IMO).

Hope that helps,
    -EChic

Sections
Shortcuts