Foreclosure troubles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Re: Foreclosure troubles

I would check with a new lawyer.  At our annual meeting we were told by the board and mgmt company that in MA the association can file a lien to recover the association dues regardless of the foreclosure process. They also stated that the association dues were payable prior to other bills like mortgage etc.  There was no lawyer present and I am not a lawyer so you should find a new one and check it out.   I really think that your original lawyer did you an extreme disservice.

As someone in an association I hope that you do have to pay all that money back because your irresponsibility is costing the rest of the owners a lot of money.  Your dues were expected and spent as part of maintenance, landscaping, taxes, lighting, snow removal etc.  It is quite possible that the association may have to take out a loan and charge a special assessment to cover the losses and pass that around to the rest of the owners.  So now the rest of the owners get soaked in taxes thanks to the federal and state governments and then soaked by you for not paying your dues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

My guess is your lawyer gave you some really bad advice which is probably why you are not getting your calls returned. Either that or you didn't quite grasp the entirety of what he/she was saying. Its hard for me to imagine a lawyer (or anyone for that matter) simply telling you to not pay the fee without expecting any consequences.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosteacher. Show bosteacher's posts

Please confirm with a lawyer what I am about to say:  If the condo lien is senior to the mortgage, when the auction took place this lien would have been paid off first and no collection efforts would be made now. 
    More realistically, the condo lien was junior to the mortgage, and now the association has the right to collect from you personally.  The attorney had the obligation to explain this to you in detail.  You may contact the Board of Bar Overseers to lodge a complaint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dianamerl. Show dianamerl's posts

In Response to Re: Foreclosure troubles:
    My guess is your lawyer gave you some really bad advice which is probably why you are not getting your calls returned. Either that or you didn't quite grasp the entirety of what he/she was saying. Its hard for me to imagine a lawyer (or anyone for that matter) simply telling you to not pay the fee without expecting any consequences.
    Posted by lrecliner

yes. I agree with you. Maybe you could just find another lawyer for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

As someone in an association I hope that you do have to pay all that money back because your irresponsibility is costing the rest of the owners a lot of money.  Your dues were expected and spent as part of maintenance, landscaping, taxes, lighting, snow removal etc.  It is quite possible that the association may have to take out a loan and charge a special assessment to cover the losses and pass that around to the rest of the owners.  So now the rest of the owners get soaked in taxes thanks to the federal and state governments and then soaked by you for not paying your dues.
    ----

How cruel you are to someone who has been suffering. The O/P isn't in your condo building, so what do you care.

There are all kinds of reasons for foreclosure these days. But I would say "it's the economy."

As a condo trustee, I would say the $8,000 should have been covered first once the condo was sold and bills recouped. As the person above posted, this is senior to the mortgage.

Many people stop paying condo fees once they realize they have no choice but to lose their home. They need that money to move and to find a new place.

oneofaykind, I'm sorry for your troubles - and that you had to deal with a cruel rant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I whole heartedly agree reindeergirl.  Unless you walked a mile in someone's shoes, you shouldn't be so smug.  I lost my job and was unemployeed for 8 months with the fear of losing my home.  Thank God I didn't and was able to sell my home. I am someone who has worked my entire life and never lost a job, ever.  There are a lot of people like me out there and this is a tough time for everyone.  Watch out Scorpio, what goes around comes around....